AVIC411.com

Phone Book edit software

I just used this program to clean up my phone database for my F90BT and Verizon Blackberry 9530. Everything works great... but I do have a question...

Is there a way to make the Pioneer not attach "...mobile ...home ... work" on the screen and not say "GENERAL" after the name when I call? If I choose "None" in the software, the radio will just show the name I've entered, but read "GENERAL" after each name. For entries like "Krista's House" in the software... When I use conversational commands like "Call Krista's House" It will either say "Calling Krista's House Home" or "Calling Krista's House General" It's either redundant or annoying...

So in other words... are my choices limited to one of the following...?

A) I enter every contact name in the software as I'd say it in conversation (Call: Home... Josh's Cel... Krista's House...) and specify (Home... Mobile... Home) in the software; And the Pioneer will attach "...home ...mobile ...home" to the end of the name on the screen and when it reads back to me "Calling Home Home" "Calling Josh's Cel Mobile" "Calling Krista's House Home" (Redundant)

OR

B) I enter every contact as I'd say it in conversation and use NONE for the type... such that the names show up just as I entered them in the software (Home... Josh's Cel... Krista's House... ) and the VR will read it back to me as "Calling: Home General... Josh's Cel General... Kristas House General" (Annoying)

I just want to see "Krista's House" in my contacts, and to be able to say "Call Krista's House" and it will repeat back to me "Calling Krista's House."

Right now... it says "Krista's House Home" and when I say "Call Krista's House" it echos back "Calling Krista's House Home"

It's kind of stupid... but I assume it's a Pioneer issue... it's obligated to tell me which number it's calling.

Also... is there any way to include pictures for the contacts on the screen? I'm sure we're lucky enough to have different-colored silhouettes of people... but maybe someone out there can develop a mod to do this?

Thanks for listening... and thanks for making this software app!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I copied the Phonebook I sent to my AVIC-F90BT from my BlackBerry Curve 8310 to an SD Card after booting to Test Mode, copied that file to my PC, and then edited it using the application discussed in this thread. I proceeded to copy the edited file from my PC to an SD Card, booted the AVIC-F90BT into Test Mode, copied the from from SD Card to the AVIC flash drive (to the proper location). While my Contacts are much better organized now, VR does not work with them. When I press MULTI-CONTROL, wait for it to come up, say "Call Mom mobile", the AVIC-F90BT says something along the lines of "There is no phone connected" or "There is no phone available". But I go into the Phone Settings and see that my BlackBerry Curve 8310 is connect to the AVIC-F90BT via Bluetooth. I then go into Contacts, scroll to my Mom's Mobile number which is in the database as Mom mobile, press the icon for that number and it starts dialing. I hang up and press MULTI-CONTROL again, wait for it to come up, and say "Call Mom" only to receive the same response from the AVIC-F90BT..."There is no phone available.". I can receive calls on the AVIC-F90BT using Bluetooth and the reception is perfectly fine. I was able to use VR before I edited the Phonebook database using the application discussed in this topic. What gives?

did you turn on VR indexing in the system settings? you might need to allow that to run one time to update the VR to the new contacts. then turn it back off after its updated. might help, might not, but hey, what could it hurt to allow it to run one time.

I looked in System Settings and didn't see anything about VR indexing. There is a setting for VR Catalog Mode in the AV System Settings menu and that is set to "On". Where is this VR indexing in System Settings?

This is a odd question

Im one of the lucky ones that cant transfer my contacts, so im going to try this out but i have 1 question.

Do i have to enter the contacts name extactlly as it is saved in my phone to work or can they be diffrant.

{ex. Mom cell (in phone) Mother (in unit using this applaction) if i do this will it connect correctly still since there the same number?}

Id like to change some names around but dont want to do it twice so was hoping i can just make the changes in this app and not my phone

This is a odd question

Im one of the lucky ones that cant transfer my contacts, so im going to try this out but i have 1 question.

Do i have to enter the contacts name extactlly as it is saved in my phone to work or can they be diffrant.

{ex. Mom cell (in phone) Mother (in unit using this applaction) if i do this will it connect correctly still since there the same number?}

Id like to change some names around but dont want to do it twice so was hoping i can just make the changes in this app and not my phone

You can type in the names however you want in the software. The AVIC unit/software uses the name that you enter to identify what number to dial on your phone... When that number gets dialed on your phone... the phone identifies which contact it is. Try just dialing your mom's number on your phone without using a contact or speed dial... it will tell you that you're connected to your mother because it recognizes the number that was dialed in. When you use the software to define your contacts... the AVIC is essentially dialing the number instead of your finger.

So... the only thing that has to be common to both is the number... which, of course... will be the same (or else you will be calling someone else). For instance, You could have "John Doe" in your phone, and "My Best Friend" in the AVIC unit/software... So when you say "Call My Best Friend" in your car... it will dial the number that you typed in for that contact... and eventually it will identify it as "John Doe" on your phone.

This is inherently why things "just work" when you use this software to do your contacts... Because you're not forcing any weird characters into the AVIC like they might come over from your phone.

EDIT: To answer your other question... You DO NOT have to change anything on your phone to make this work. I didn't, and it works great with my Verizon Storm 9530.

Sound good?

thanks Dr. Phan

I just went ahead and tried it out. (sorry for wasting your time but when i wrote that post my truck was parked over a mile away from the comp i was on (at a hospital watching over father) and didnt want to walk there get file walk back, enter 1-2 contacts walk back test it then walk back to hospital. It would have been a major issue since i had to sneak in already since "Not visting hours" B.S. so thanks for the info. I should have posted up when i got home that it worked, but id been awake for 50+ hours and i crashed hard and only woke up a few hours ago. Thanks for repleying though hopefully it will help some one else out.

• 3 weeks later...
Pardon my ignorance, but what format does the software open? I tried .db, .cvs, .txt, etc. What is the "phonebook database" file ext.?

You have to get it off of the Pioneer unit. Search the forums for the "test mode files" put them on an SD card, restart the unit, and find the phonebook db file... That's the file that the AVIC db software will open.

• 3 weeks later...
This sounded great, but when I download and try to open the application it says "There is no default application specified to open the document "AVICPhoneBookEditor.application". Any thoughts, I really need this. Have tried the sql lite with no luck.

Thanks!

You need the latest .net framewoork from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Hi there, this app looks great and I would love to try it but when I did this step, my pc still says "Cannot DL the application, missing required files" any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...