AVIC411.com

D3 and F900BT Best Buy Locked?

Hey, I bought 2 avic systems at best buy as display items/open items because of a good price. However I hooked them both up and they both have the same problem. They both power up and appear to be in demo mode but the screen is blank. Also the CD does not eject. So I contacted Pioneer and they said that both units appear to be store locked and I will have to take it back to the Best Buy that I purchased them from. Well I live 400 miles away from the Best Buy in NJ where I purchased these from when I was visiting family... So I would like to know if anyone knows how to undo the store lock. I was told that there are button sequence that I need to press to unlock it.. Anyone? Please help! Thanks.

Forgot to add that. I had the receipt but then dropped it some where.. Anyways I talked to a Best Buy customer service rep over the phone earlier today and she said I can try giving my local best buy a call or take it in to see if they can unlock it for me. There's no way I'm driving 400 miles to NJ to take these back. That's why I was hoping someone on here could help me out. Thanks though.

I used to work at a BestBuy...

I was in the Computer/GeekSquad department, so I don't know how to unlock your unit... but I do know that you're not going to get any help from customer service. They don't know anything about the products, except what the company tells them about fraudulent returns and how to recognize it.

First of all, I own a D3 which I bought through the BestBuy Employee Purchase program (half price), and I'm unaware of any "store locking" that can be performed on it. If the screen doesn't turn on and it was a display model... I'm guessing that it's broken. But, if Pioneer said it's store locked... let's assume that it is. But, if it is indeed broken, you have 14 days (as of 2 years ago when I quit) to take the unit back for a refund. They might bend the rules in your favor if you say that you've spent some time trying to find out how to unlock it because the manufacturer told you to do that... but, I digress...

I'd call and ask for the car audio department. If you can't get one of them on the phone (they rarely answer)... then I'd stop in to any local bestbuy with the unit that you bought. I'm assuming the unit isn't installed in your car, so get a sticker on it at the front door (so that they know you brought it in, and aren't stealing it) and then say that you're bringing it back to the install bay. I wouldn't even walk further into the store than the front door... just go back to the install bay and walk in that way. Leave the unit in the car until they tell you to bring it in after you explain the problem. No sense in standing there with a dismembered radio if they don't know why you're there. You shouldn't NEED a receipt, but if they install guys are being jerks, then the customer service reps can look up your receipt (the only thing they're good for) and print you a new one, as long as you left some kind of trail (credit card, reward zone card, etc). If you paid in cash and didn't scan anything that's tied to your name, then you have no receipt... find it where you dropped it.

Anyway... if it is indeed store-locked, then the install guys and/or car audio department guys will know how to unlock it. They can always call the new jersey store and say "the guy that bought the open item D3 is here because Pioneer told him it's store-locked" They usually remember who buys the better stuff that's on display. We really do fall in love with the new awesome items that come in, so we remember who took them away from us. (Sorry to get all geeky there)

But, I wouldn't waste any more time and just call and/or go into your local store. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

If your issue is that you can't eject the disc then more than likely the unit has the NAV Disc inside and it's locked. There is a key sequence that you can perform that will eject the disc. I used this on one of my D3's one time that had the disc locked in it and it worked perfect.

While the unit is turned on, press and hold "MENU" and "Back (Track Left)" buttons simultaneously. Next, push and release reset button. Continue to hold "MENU" and "Back (track left)" until the unit reboots.

Then push eject button, NAV disc should eject.