AVIC411.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a ciucuit I used... Works well for my 6800.

[img]http://www.mikecramer.com/images/ebay/Drawing1.jpg[/img]

This starts the circuit to the ebrake out at ground then over 10s raises it to 12v making the system thing you applied the ebrake 10 seconds after you started the car. You will still get the warning message, but no limitations!
If you take it to radio shack they can set you up with the 100uF capacitor and 50K ohm resistor. You just have to make sure to install the capacitor in with the + lead connected to the +12v Accessory line.

This mod acts like the bypass switch just automatically toggles the switch 10 seconds after the ignition is turned on. The ignition must be off for 10 seconds for this circuit to reset... so when you are testing it, dont just turn the carr off then on real quick. If you do then the circuit will not reset and toggle the input. Leav the car off for about 10-15 seconds to give the cap time to fully discharge. Not a problem during normal use...

This circuit has worked on several of my friends sony DVD systems, but I have been told it did not work on the kenwood systems. May need to increase the resistor value for kenwoods.

PS: Next time I do this mod I will photograph it and post the pics.
Can someone explain the logic behind the moving video protection on the 6800? So if the unit is grounded when the car is started (and the unit gets power), it gives the error and does not allow video, correct?

If the e-brake wire goes to ground after X seconds (10?) of the unit being on, the protection is bypassed?

Or if you see the protection/error message, and then put the e-brake wire to ground, then it lets you through?

Someone just confirm this so I can understand how the proposed workaround address the issue. Thanks all.

- Josh
[quote name="sonnieeeeboi"]can someone post the way to do it without a switch? I would like to have it done automatically. please[/quote]

that's why I'm asking why the above mentioned proposed workaround work... so i can figure out how to do it without a switch.
so, basically, i take the olive looking hand brake wire and connect a 100uF cap to it(negative side) and connect the positive side of the cap to an 12v ACC source? What about the resister? Do i just have it connecting to the olive wire too and just ground that?

[quote name="mikecramer43026"]If you take it to radio shack they can set you up with the 100uF capacitor and 50K ohm resistor. You just have to make sure to install the capacitor in with the + lead connected to the +12v Accessory line.

This mod acts like the bypass switch just automatically toggles the switch 10 seconds after the ignition is turned on. The ignition must be off for 10 seconds for this circuit to reset... so when you are testing it, dont just turn the carr off then on real quick. If you do then the circuit will not reset and toggle the input. Leav the car off for about 10-15 seconds to give the cap time to fully discharge. Not a problem during normal use...

This circuit has worked on several of my friends sony DVD systems, but I have been told it did not work on the kenwood systems. May need to increase the resistor value for kenwoods.

PS: Next time I do this mod I will photograph it and post the pics.[/quote]
You attach one end of the 100uF cap to the +12v ACC line and the other end to the olive wire... then the resistor goes from ground to the connection between the cap and olive wire (3 connections here).

[quote name="sonnieeeeboi"]so, basically, i take the olive looking hand brake wire and connect a 100uF cap to it(negative side) and connect the positive side of the cap to an 12v ACC source? What about the resister? Do i just have it connecting to the olive wire too and just ground that?

[quote name="mikecramer43026"]If you take it to radio shack they can set you up with the 100uF capacitor and 50K ohm resistor. You just have to make sure to install the capacitor in with the + lead connected to the +12v Accessory line.

PS: Next time I do this mod I will photograph it and post the pics.[/quote][/quote]
[quote name="amthar"]Can someone explain the logic behind the moving video protection on the 6800? So if the unit is grounded when the car is started (and the unit gets power), it gives the error and does not allow video, correct?
[/quote]
Yes this is correct... the system is smart enough to know the wire is just shorted.

[quote name="amthar"]If the e-brake wire goes to ground after X seconds (10?) of the unit being on, the protection is bypassed?[/quote]
This fools the system into thinking the car was going and now has the ebrake on...

[quote name="amthar"]Or if you see the protection/error message, and then put the e-brake wire to ground, then it lets you through?[/quote]
Correct... That is what teh circuit does after 10 sec.

[quote name="amthar"]Someone just confirm this so I can understand how the proposed workaround address the issue. Thanks all.

- Josh[/quote]
excellent! Thanks for the reply. I purchased the PAC TR7 expecting this to be the answer, so this will work great. It can be programmed to output 12v after X seconds (where X is programmable), so this eliminates the need for a switch, and for me to do any sort of circuitry. Thanks all.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="amthar"]excellent! Thanks for the reply. I purchased the PAC TR7 expecting this to be the answer, so this will work great. It can be programmed to output 12v after X seconds (where X is programmable), so this eliminates the need for a switch, and for me to do any sort of circuitry. Thanks all.[/quote]

[b]so its the blue wire(12v output) on the PAC TR-7 for 5-7 second delay, correct? :mrgreen: [/b]