AVIC411.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed mine today on an 02 alty, i was hoping to install it on my new g35 but the install parts havnt come in for the g35 and i just couldnt resist seeing it installed.

I agree, one of the best features is the built in 6cd changer. i love navi, dont get me wrong, but the 'wow' factor of navi gets old quick, but the benefit of having 6 cds with mp3s queued up just keeps giving...i have 4 cds full of mp3s, rock, hiphop,dance, chill/ambient and 2 dvd's(the office, and chapelle show)

custom backgrounds would be nice..but ehhh...the built in animated backdrops are pretty slick, especially the clock one.

best of the non navis, boot up FAST. if i were to get a navi it would def be the Z1, its just too bad it loads up slow. And the idea of having a 2.5" notebook drive(off the shelf seagate drive i beileve) is not comforting at all. these notebook drives are not meant for a bumpy environment like a vehicle. a sudden jolt of the car while the heads are reading/writing and kiss the drive goodbye. PLUS these are mechanical components, they WILL fail, its only a matter of time..some drives take years to fail, other can be months. if it were a user-serviceable part i wouldnt care...but i doubt Pioneer would want you digging into that drive.

I cant wait for someone to take the Z1 apart, make a 1:1 image of any/all partitions on the drive using Ghost and put it up on the net so others could rebuild and replace the drive should it fail....hey, that would be an awesome writeup! if i had access to a z1 i would definitely attempt it.

anyways, thats just my .02$

PS:

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE HACK TO PLAY DVD VIDEO WHILE IN MOTION for the AVH-P6800DVD ???? THE BYPASS HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE...thanks everyone!!
[quote name="Volutone Distributing"]just like all AVH's take the ebrake wire (the very long olive colored one) and then put it to a 2 prong two position toggle switch, take that olive wire to one prong, on the other side of the toggle ground the other prong to either the ground wires from the unit or somewhere else thats groundable[/quote]
After reading the manual, I would agree that this is the bypass. It sounds like you need to toggle the switch (e-brake) on-off-on when you want video, according to some sources.
I installed mine last night. First impression is that it's a very nice head unit. Video playback is sharp and clear. Audio sounds better than the stock Bose HU. Menus and such are easy to navigate, but I had to look around for some options. I still can't find where I disable key press "beeps." So far, I'm happy. :D

I have yet to try burning an MP3 DVD, but it doesn't sound like it will work according to the manual :(
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="Volutone Distributing"]hey if anyone needs AVH's or AVIC's and the new S1's just let me know i can get them from work reeaall cheap almost wholesale[/quote]

I'm interested in this unit as well as the z1. let me know.

Yndio
Guest expoon24s
I just got one and i would like to know how do you disable the video while driving feature can you just ground the olive wire like the old ones instead of having to use a switch
i used to have the avh-p6600dvd, before i got the 6800dvd, and i had the green wire directly attached to a ground point. this worked perfectly before, but now that i try it on my 6800dvd i get the warning and vieo wont play.

if i put in on a switch that would mean i need to manually throw the switch, am i right?

are there any other hacks/mods for it?

thanks!
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum, and so far I love it. I just got my 6800 yesterday and did the install myself. This thing is great!!! you guys answered my question before I even asked it. (the dvd playing while in motion) I will try it this weekend. Another question I had is about RDS, I read the manual from front to back and in reverse and I cant seem to find this function, Does it come with it? Also 95% of my cd's have text, Why won't most show up? Lastly, is there a way to dim the light, this thing is freakin bright at night. Thanks
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest expoon24s
yeah the question is still not awnsered i finally got my truck back from the body shop and i plan on installing the unit this weekend please help, do i just ground the wire like the old units or what.....please help