AVIC411.com

Z2 background illumination Feature ?

hi there ,

i have the z2 , and i have been wondering for awhile forgive me though if this topics has been covered i don't go on the forums as much as i should ,but i have a concern that has been bugging me ever since the D3 units came out !! .

i love the z2 , but i also love the FACT that you can customize or able to change the background illumination on the D3 or even the ft900. i am very eager to downgrade just because of that feature, because i want to be able to match my cars dash which is amber red or amber. i have a Mazda 2003 protege5 .

question is .. is there a hack/mod for the z2 that will enable the user to change and customize the background illumination to red , blue , green , amber just like on the d3/ft900?

i know there is a hack to upgrade to the z3 firmware or whatnot,

does the z3 have the same feature of that of the d3/ft900 as far as background illumination option go? , and if so by updateing/upgrading the z2 to z3 will you also be able to customize the illumination on that update/upgrade?

any take or answer on this concern of mine would be greatly appreciated.

please z series hack/mod engineers help me

:?:shock::o:(

hi there ,

i have the z2 , and i have been wondering for awhile forgive me though if this topics has been covered i don't go on the forums as much as i should ,but i have a concern that has been bugging me ever since the D3 units came out !! .

i love the z2 , but i also love the FACT that you can customize or able to change the background illumination on the D3 or even the ft900. i am very eager to downgrade just because of that feature, because i want to be able to match my cars dash which is amber red or amber. i have a Mazda 2003 protege5 .

question is .. is there a hack/mod for the z2 that will enable the user to change and customize the background illumination to red , blue , green , amber just like on the d3/ft900?

i know there is a hack to upgrade to the z3 firmware or whatnot,

does the z3 have the same feature of that of the d3/ft900 as far as background illumination option go? , and if so by updateing/upgrading the z2 to z3 will you also be able to customize the illumination on that update/upgrade?

any take or answer on this concern of mine would be greatly appreciated.

please z series hack/mod engineers help me

:?:shock::o:(

There is no hack, as it's a hardware limitation. The only option is to physically change out the green LEDs for red LEDs, which requires desoldering the existing leds and resoldering new leds....