AVIC411.com

Ipod vs mp3 DVD

I am one of the few people it seems that does not own an ipod but i am wondering if that is the best way to play music on the f90bt. I play mp3 DVDs which start playing in 7 seconds or so after i turn the key. Would an ipod be worth it for me if i only planned on using it in the car? I would take it out only to load new music. How does the ipod playback compare to a flashdrive because i have noticed the USB port to leave some things desired. So to people with ipods do you prefer to play music off your ipod on the f series over CDs, DVDs or flash memory?

I don't own an iPod either... I don't mind the interface but never liked Itunes much... I have an 80 gig Zune, which is ok, but can't control with the interface. Your best bet is to just snag a 16 gig sdhc card or something for music/vids and a drive for your computer. You can probably get both for under 60 bucks. Cheaper than an iPod and you can snag a couple and get all the functionality and enough storage to dump a few dvds worth on there with still being able to reuse the media indefinitely :)

I did the SD/USB thing for awhile but was pretty displeased with the quality of the playback, the response time, etc. I went ahead and bought a 120GB iPod Classic, which resolved all of the issues I was having with the other media. It's much faster response time since the iPod does all of the processing/computing, and you get the nifty (if gimmicky) album covers displayed right on your screen.

I was originally pretty anti-iTunes, but it's actually not as bad as I thought. The whole podcast thing is pretty neat, too.

I sound like an Apple ad, don't I?

The class 6 ones are fairly quick... you get a bit of slowdown at the bootup which is normal for pretty much everything with these decks. I have a full 16 gig one and it's usually about 20-30 seconds until it resumes where it left off... it's usually faster if you've just inserted a card.