AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

Almost there..:)

Issues I am having still:

1. The audible warnings of the speedcam once clicked "ON" works fine. Albeit, the volume is not adjustable. But, once the unit has been shut off and then powered back up the audible warning is defaulted back to "disabled" yet all of the rest of the cam settings stick. Is this a variable??

2. Trip computer still freezes up. I started off on a trip this morning and I clicked on the trip computer and everything was working. I started recording a track log at this time. All was well. I stopped the truck at my destination, pressed "pause" on the tripmeter and scrolled to "trip 2" and let it run. At this time I clicked the "recording stop" for the track log and it toggles from "currently recorded track log" to "tracklog000" which is normal. I then shut off the truck and went inside to get a cup of Jo. 10 minutes later I fire up the truck and started underway. After about 2 minutes I figured the unit was well booted up so I clicked back into the "Trip Computer" and no data..nada...zilch. All zeros. I reset the trips and even though the current time adjusted itself on the top there were still no data in any of the boxes...all zeroes. I started another track log recording. This time when I got to my destination and pushed "Stop Recording" it showed nothing...nada...zilch.

I then shutoff the truck and restarted it immediately and the trip computer once again started to work....WTF???

I have tried this mod in BOTH of my F90BT's with exactly the same result.

Thanx again for the help!

Bud

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey IDT,

I just finished modding some of your v4.0 Data.zip last night and am loving it. Thanks for the great mods! Could you tell me which files have been edited in v4.1 so I can paste into my Data.zip and not have to re-edit everything?

Thanks again

Hey, Guys!

I've been using cmh928's mod for quite some time, and I had problems with MSN Direct, so I decided to try IDT's latest (4.1), and I'm still having the same issue. Can anyone tell my why MSN Direct seems to never have any data? Please see the picture below. Sometimes I can fix it by pressing the reset button on my F90bt, but most of the time, it just comes and goes as it pleases. It just tells me "No [gas, traffic, movie, etc] data available" Is this an MSN problem, or a mod problem? CMH told me to just hit the reset button, and it should be fixed... but that only works some of the time, and it doesn't STAY fixed. It's really annoying because my trial period is gonna be over soon, so I have to fix it so that I can make a decision on whether to keep it or not.

Now, for a few suggestions/requests...

IDT... would you consider putting an MSN butterfly on the map screen that goes to the MSN Direct screen? I'm sure you've considered this... because I know it alienates f70bt users... but you could also having a non-MSN version, if it's not too much trouble to maintain two versions. Just a suggestion. Also, would you consider putting the MSN butterflies on the two "hotspots" on the MSN Direct screen? Your mod leaves us blind to fumble around to find them. I'm sure you know what I mean, but for those of you that are unaware... there are two invisible "buttons" on the MSN Direct screen that you have to push (left one, then right) to get to the data screen from my screenshot. CMH's mod has two MSN icons over the hotspots so that we can find them easily.

Anyway... back to my MSN Direct problem... Normally, it would have valid data for each entry, but most of the time I get the screen I've posted below, where it looks like all the data has been wiped.

And, finally... I like your map screen and the icons and high-res graphics in the upper-left corner, but I'm used to pressing the graphic there to hear the last audio prompt. Instead, I get the trip timeline. How do I hear the last audio prompt on-demand? Would you consider making this part of your mod? I believe CMH had the compass function as the trip timeline shortcut... and he didn't have a shortcut to the time settings. Which, we may all agree... the time settings aren't too important once you set the time for the first time. (Unless you disconnect the battery a lot)

Thanks again for the mod. I hope you can help me iron out my issues with MSN Direct, as well as to help me get used to your new mod.

post-5634-12872757759201_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell my why MSN Direct seems to never have any data? Please see the picture below. Sometimes I can fix it by pressing the reset button on my F90bt, but most of the time, it just comes and goes as it pleases. It just tells me "No [gas, traffic, movie, etc] data available" Is this an MSN problem, or a mod problem? CMH told me to just hit the reset button, and it should be fixed... but that only works some of the time, and it doesn't STAY fixed.

Every time unit is restarted before fully booting (i.e. after exiting Test Mode w/o starting up Navi, or sometimes when using a remote starter), MSN becomes hosed. As long as you make sure it is restarted only after full boot of the Navi part, MSN should keep working.

Every time unit is restarted before fully booting (i.e. after exiting Test Mode w/o starting up Navi, or sometimes when using a remote starter), MSN becomes hosed. As long as you make sure it is restarted only after full boot of the Navi part, MSN should keep working.

Boris, Thanks for the tip. This is intersesting.

OK... so if the power is cut when the startup splash screen is still on, then MSNDirect gets hosed. Is that what I'm hearing? Do I have to wait until everything is working, or just until the splash screen is gone, and I see the "Destination, Contacts, AV Sources" screen or the map warning? Or, do I have to wait for the "Please wait... system starting" message across the bottom to disappear as well? I have to keep reminding myself that this is Windows that I'm working with... and there are various levels of "startup" involved.

So... does this classify as an MSN issue, a Pioneer issue, or a mod issue? Also, is there any way to fix this? Does it even happen on brand new (not-yet-modded) units? They had to have known about the problem... why isn't there an MSN reset button built into the software? Hopefully FW 3.0 will address the issue.

Thanks again. With the right instructions, I think my MSN will work more consistently.

Hey IDT,

I just finished modding some of your v4.0 Data.zip last night and am loving it. Thanks for the great mods! Could you tell me which files have been edited in v4.1 so I can paste into my Data.zip and not have to re-edit everything?

Thanks again

just examdiff it, not that much was changed so it would be an easy thing

Hey, Guys!

I've been using cmh928's mod for quite some time, and I had problems with MSN Direct, so I decided to try IDT's latest (4.1), and I'm still having the same issue. Can anyone tell my why MSN Direct seems to never have any data? Please see the picture below. Sometimes I can fix it by pressing the reset button on my F90bt, but most of the time, it just comes and goes as it pleases. It just tells me "No [gas, traffic, movie, etc] data available" Is this an MSN problem, or a mod problem? CMH told me to just hit the reset button, and it should be fixed... but that only works some of the time, and it doesn't STAY fixed. It's really annoying because my trial period is gonna be over soon, so I have to fix it so that I can make a decision on whether to keep it or not.

IDT... would you consider putting an MSN butterfly on the map screen that goes to the MSN Direct screen? I'm sure you've considered this... because I know it alienates f70bt users... but you could also having a non-MSN version, if it's not too much trouble to maintain two versions. Just a suggestion. Also, would you consider putting the MSN butterflies on the two "hotspots" on the MSN Direct screen? Your mod leaves us blind to fumble around to find them. I'm sure you know what I mean, but for those of you that are unaware... there are two invisible "buttons" on the MSN Direct screen that you have to push (left one, then right) to get to the data screen from my screenshot. CMH's mod has two MSN icons over the hotspots so that we can find them easily.

Anyway... back to my MSN Direct problem... Normally, it would have valid data for each entry, but most of the time I get the screen I've posted below, where it looks like all the data has been wiped.

And, finally... I like your map screen and the icons and high-res graphics in the upper-left corner, but I'm used to pressing the graphic there to hear the last audio prompt. Instead, I get the trip timeline. How do I hear the last audio prompt on-demand? Would you consider making this part of your mod? I believe CMH had the compass function as the trip timeline shortcut... and he didn't have a shortcut to the time settings. Which, we may all agree... the time settings aren't too important once you set the time for the first time. (Unless you disconnect the battery a lot)

Thanks again for the mod. I hope you can help me iron out my issues with MSN Direct, as well as to help me get used to your new mod.

i'll see what i can do, the hard part is i'm not familiar with the whole MSN thing so i 'll have to figure that out first

i'll see what i can do, the hard part is i'm not familiar with the whole MSN thing so i 'll have to figure that out first

Thanks. If you need any particulars, let me know, and I'll do what I can. I'm sure there are others that know more than I do, though... hence the quick reply from BorisM about fixing my epic MSN fail.

i'll have it ready tonight,

regarding the last voice prompt, it was requested by a member to have it as a shortcut to the itenerary screen, i will try to sort things out so that it would work out for everyone,

regarding the time shortcut, i myself don't use the shortcut that much but i don't find the sense for pressing something to show up something not related to it, here's an example, the time being used as a shortcut for track log recording, how would time be anyway related to track logs? also, you know how in windows xp/vista that when you double click the time it opens a window for the time setting? that's the approach i went and tried to have it as simple but functional as i can,

I had the track/time shortcut as I use it frequently when I am off roading but it is not a biggie for me. I had made the next street text box call out the "saynextcommand" like some other mods had in the navigate pane or whatever you call it. I had made some other subtle changes to mine as well but overall I like(d) it.

Unfortunately, I am having issues (as posted prior) with the trip computer freezing and the track logs not being retained. I had tried a new FAT32 SD, erased ALL of my data and user files, reset it numerous times and yet I have the aforementioned problems.

I even went with an entirely unmolested mod and still I cannot get any track logs to stick. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't.

I think the only other alternative at this point is to completely blast the flash disk and start with a new LPUE080.

I am at wits end with these damn things.

It's great they can be modified but it sucks when you have problems :twisted:

Oh well, keep up the great work!

I had the track/time shortcut as I use it frequently when I am off roading but it is not a biggie for me. I had made the next street text box call out the "saynextcommand" like some other mods had in the navigate pane or whatever you call it. I had made some other subtle changes to mine as well but overall I like(d) it.

Unfortunately, I am having issues (as posted prior) with the trip computer freezing and the track logs not being retained. I had tried a new FAT32 SD, erased ALL of my data and user files, reset it numerous times and yet I have the aforementioned problems.

I even went with an entirely unmolested mod and still I cannot get any track logs to stick. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't.

I think the only other alternative at this point is to completely blast the flash disk and start with a new LPUE080.

I am at wits end with these damn things.

It's great they can be modified but it sucks when you have problems :twisted:

Oh well, keep up the great work!

atleast those are the only problems you're having, right now i'm trying to figure out how the hell can i get my hands on the 3 update without spending anything, worst case scenario is that i'll just be contented with what i have and leave the forum as i my work here is done,