AVIC411.com

Should I reorganize the forum categories?

Current Categories or New Categories?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Current Categories or New Categories?

• Current
    • New

Hey everyone, I thought I would get a poll going on whether or not you guys would like the AVIC Series Categories organized.

How it is now:

AVIC D1/D2/D3

|-General

|-Problems

|-Hacks

AVIC N1/N2/N3/N4

|-General

|-Problems

|-Hacks

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3

|-General

|-Problems

|-Hacks

AVIC F Series

|-Pre Release Archive

|-General

|-Problems

|-Hacks

Proposed New Layout:

Pioneer AVIC Navigation Units

[*:hzts39bl]D Series (General)

[*:hzts39bl]Problems
      [*:hzts39bl]Hacks

[*:hzts39bl]N Series (General)

[*:hzts39bl]F Series (General)

[*:hzts39bl]Z Series (General)

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure about getting rid of the 'General' categories, I suppose it depends on how much they are used, if not much then sure, no point in them being here. But I reckon most users come here either with a problem or to give/get a hack.

I think a good idea would be to put the series in alphabetical order, makes more sense, to me anyway.

BTW, I'm now having to log in each time I visit even though I've clicked the 'remember me' box.......

Great forum, thanks for all the work you do :D

How about keeping the existing category organization, but add a section to each specifically for graphic updates. So, a central location for each AVIC series where everyone can post their themes, backgrounds, icons, etc.

In any event, thanks for keeping up this BB... it's very helpful.

How about keeping the existing category organization, but add a section to each specifically for graphic updates. So, a central location for each AVIC series where everyone can post their themes, backgrounds, icons, etc.

In any event, thanks for keeping up this BB... it's very helpful.

Good idea, I'll look into that.

BTW, I'm now having to log in each time I visit even though I've clicked the 'remember me' box.......

Great forum, thanks for all the work you do :D

I don't have that problem, try clearing your browser cache/cookies. It may have something stuck in there from the old server.

I think the categories are fine. Whats up with the new colors though, I vote to go back to the old ones. These new ones are hard on the eyes IMO.

Also need to get rid of the phpBB logo at the top of the forum..

Also if you wanted to get real creative you could consider putting a skin on the forum. Check out http://www.extremepixels.com and see if there is anything you like. If so let me know, I have pretty much all the skins that are on there. I have more for vBulletin though since that is what I am running on my forum but I do have quite a few for phpBB saved as well.

I like the new proposed layout now that you've explained that the core will be a "General" with the subs under them.

But is it worth considering a dedicated "Installation issues and questions" in each area? I ask since it seems like there are a ton of install questions that come up over, and over, and over every time someone finds the forums, and those issues are very different from the other informational categories.

The current layout is good, maybe add a D/L section to each area for the main developers and you to mantain with the data files and mods lists for download - each would need a link back to the corresponding forum entry but would make downloading easy. Thanks, Great site!!

Would be good to add a how to or guides section - no replies just walk throughs on each model and mod. Would be more than happy to help.