AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

Please search the forum for test mode files download and how to get in test mode. After that try deleting the files I have mentioned in this forum. F90BT should work just fine with the same method. If not please see the above post and request a fresh backup.

If you still have a problem pm me.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My F90BT Just Started Doing This Tonight.

Comes on for about 5 minutes and reboots.

The system startup stays there I can still Play music buts it's really irritating.

Is the fix the same as with the 900?

Is there anyway i can get this backup?

How do i get test mode?

I'm really frustrated with it and any help would be appreciated.

If the f900bt fix does not work for you i have the F90BT backup below.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=21618&p=160394&hilit=f90bt+backup#p158522

My unit also has the reboot problem. It started after i released the clutch too fast and the engine stalled. I immedeately ignited it again (perhaps this messed up the system?) and since then it keeps rebooting in a continuous cycle, not with intervals or so. I updated to the latest firmware, and after that deleted those 4 mentioned files: both had no effect.

Any idea's what else i can try? This is a full service lease car, but since i installed some hacks months ago. (this cannot be the cause, drove over 10.000km since without problems) I am a bit worried of them finding out my changes and blaming the problem on me....

I have gotten mine to boot up, but it shows the system startup in progress...please wait, screen and that doesnt go away. I can listen to the radio or cd with no problem, but will eventually reboot. I deleted those gpspara files, to no avail that did not work for me. I have a copy of myfashdisk I downloaded off of someone, but not sure if it was for the f90bt, so I will downloads gsxr and copy those over and see how that goes.

That's exactly what mine is doing.

The please wait screen comes up and i can listen to music for 4 minutes at a time before it reboots.

Trying to get the files downloaded that minifreezer posted.

I don't want to send it to Pioneer.

I just want it to work.

I'm pretty bummed that it just craps out.

Not sure why they haven't released some kind of fix yet since so many people are having this problem.

I called Pioneer this morning and they told me that if the parking brake was bypassed i could start rebooting immediately or sometimes it can several months for the "checks and balances" to catch up.

They told me to hook the parking brake up the way it should be and it should work fine.

So I'm gonna give that a try.

I'll let you guys know if it fixes the problem.

I won't get around to it till later this afternoon but if someone tries this please post so i can know if i need to spend the time taking my dash apart

Mine just goes to the splash screen, holds for a few seconds then reboots. Back to the splash screen then reboots again.

I tried the test mode files, nothing.

Tried the 2.0 update, nothing.

Tried the test mode files on a SD card and USB flash drive, still same thing.

Finally called Pioneer and they told me to send it to them as it's a software issue. It was working fine before, didn't do any hacks, then gps stopped working (couldn't find me nor move when the car was moving), then intermittent reboots, then all of sudden constant reboots.

I'm sending my unit in, they said turn around time is 7-10 days once received. I can live without it for the time being, as long as I get it back in working condition.

I called Pioneer this morning and they told me that if the parking brake was bypassed i could start rebooting immediately or sometimes it can several months for the "checks and balances" to catch up.

They told me to hook the parking brake up the way it should be and it should work fine.

So I'm gonna give that a try.

I'll let you guys know if it fixes the problem.

I won't get around to it till later this afternoon but if someone tries this please post so i can know if i need to spend the time taking my dash apart

Im not too sure about the parking brake wire. I have read alot of post with different problems and pioneer always tells them it is a parking brake wire and to reconnect it the right way, and all of the posts i have read that did not fix it. I am not saying it will not fix it, but from what i have read it seems like the parking brake wire is there excust to either not do warranty work or they are lost as to what does fix the prob so the just tell people that you have your parking brake wire hooked up wrong. There are people an here that have the parking brake wire bybpass done since it was first descovered and never had a prob. I beleive the "checks and balances" would have cought up with alot of people by this point in time.

Either way good luck and i hope you get it fixed soon.

IMO, the problem being the hardwire bypass is BS. Why would it take 6 months for this unit to catch up and realize it is bypassed? Computers are capable of computing things very fast, and it would find a problem almost instantly if that was the problem. Let alone, why else would it be called a by-pass?

Anyway, update on mine. I got mine fixed, doctored up, and back to normal. Plus a few mods, and still running stable. Still no idea why mine pooped out on me, but basically to get it fixed what you need to do is first try to update to firmware 2.0, even if you already have that. This will make it stable and stay on, but not load up. Now, boot into testmode, ensuring that you have all the back -up files also on that same SD card. Open myflashdisk, go to options and uncheck all 3 boxes to ensure that all files are shown. Edit>select all>file>delete. Go back to your sd card, copy all the system files, paste them back in myflashdisk.

Simple fix, aye? I did it once but it didn't work. I got the system startup screen, but it kept rebooting. Reason why is that I COPIED THE WRONG VERSION TO MYFLASHDISK. I have the F90BT, and I copied the F900BT files, and that did not work. Minifreezer's upload is the F90bt, and that is what I used/needed. Ever since I copied those, it's working just fine. Even threw on ill.die.trying's mods, and it works great. set my settings back up, copied my contacts back [even though my bluetooth pairing was still in the AVIC, which I thought was strange]. and it's working like the day I got it.

IMO, the problem being the hardwire bypass is BS. Why would it take 6 months for this unit to catch up and realize it is bypassed? Computers are capable of computing things very fast, and it would find a problem almost instantly if that was the problem. Let alone, why else would it be called a by-pass?

Anyway, update on mine. I got mine fixed, doctored up, and back to normal. Plus a few mods, and still running stable. Still no idea why mine pooped out on me, but basically to get it fixed what you need to do is first try to update to firmware 2.0, even if you already have that. This will make it stable and stay on, but not load up. Now, boot into testmode, ensuring that you have all the back -up files also on that same SD card. Open myflashdisk, go to options and uncheck all 3 boxes to ensure that all files are shown. Edit>select all>file>delete. Go back to your sd card, copy all the system files, paste them back in myflashdisk.

Simple fix, aye? I did it once but it didn't work. I got the system startup screen, but it kept rebooting. Reason why is that I COPIED THE WRONG VERSION TO MYFLASHDISK. I have the F90BT, and I copied the F900BT files, and that did not work. Minifreezer's upload is the F90bt, and that is what I used/needed. Ever since I copied those, it's working just fine. Even threw on ill.die.trying's mods, and it works great. set my settings back up, copied my contacts back [even though my bluetooth pairing was still in the AVIC, which I thought was strange]. and it's working like the day I got it.

Glad i could help ya.

Ha . . ha . . . Another joke from the customer service (not just Pioneer's)

It is very sad that these people who are doing "technical support" to the small computer (AVIC), are talking such "smart" statements . . . and . . . no . . no more comments . . !

I do not mean to be rude and please correct me if i am wrong, but i get the feeling that things are going off-topic here. This topic is about the F900BT that worked fine for a long time and then all of a sudden (without any changes made to it) started rebooting. I see lots of things about wrongly connected handbrakes coming along, but that is not a problem that occurs all of a sudden right? That is an installation/setup issue. I would like to suggest to keep the topic clean so that the people having this "out of the blue" problem (of which i am one, yes indeed) can get help with their problems. :)

I do not mean to be rude and please correct me if i am wrong, but i get the feeling that things are going off-topic here. This topic is about the F900BT that worked fine for a long time and then all of a sudden (without any changes made to it) started rebooting. I see lots of things about wrongly connected handbrakes coming along, but that is not a problem that occurs all of a sudden right? That is an installation/setup issue. I would like to suggest to keep the topic clean so that the people having this "out of the blue" problem (of which i am one, yes indeed) can get help with their problems. :)

The parking brake we are refuring to is on topic. We were just stating that if the person has to call pioneer about rebooting problem that pioneer's generic answer fo all of the problems the f series is having, especcialy the rebooting issue, is that the parking brake wire being grounded and not connected to the parking brake lead.

You are right it is not something that just all of the sudden happens. Pioneer claims that it can take months for the "checks and balances" in the unit to catch up and realize that the parking brake wire is not connected right. We were just telling him for when he does call Pioneerhe would be forewarned.

I believe the individual that is haveing the rebooting issue probably has a corrupted file. Just my opinion though.