AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

yes you did it wrong. put the card in and hit reset or turn the car on. you don't have to hit any other buttons.

hey can u assist me i have a fatal application error my system keeps on rebooting and wont work can you help me please step by step i am streesed out over this i have the f900bt i dont know where to start

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deleting the gpspara files used to work for me - just this week it went into reboot but it was a difficult and more nasty kind of reboot loop. It was so nasty I couldn't even get into test mode - I ended up having to "upgrade" WinCE (in reality, just overwrite it) with a format to clear the entire unit, then copy my backup over. I think I'm going to have to keep a SD card now with both the WinCE image and my entire backup with me on the car at all times. What a PITA. Wonder if the new pioneer units are still so "reliable"... :rolleyes:

I am having the same issues as everyone else with the F900. I swear pioneer has sent out a signal that crashed our radios. For the same problem to affect everyone almost at the same time. Anyway, I am asking anyone if they have a test mode file for the F900 they can provide. I have read all 12 pages of post and would like to try the gps file deletions method, but I first need to get into test mode. I wiped my sd card clean and loaded a version of test mode on it, turn the key to the on position and I then get an error every time. What could I be doing wrong. I have had this radio for over 3 years and then all of a sudden. I was playing music for the sd card when all this ish happened. Please help if you can. (By the way, it reboots every time when I go over 20 mph)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I won't be able to test the parking brake theory until Wednesday afternoon but anyone else having the problem feel free to give it a shot and post your results!!

so was the parking brake wire the problem....ive also bypassed it to the ground and after a few months it started to reboot on me..ive switched the unit 3 times already and still the same problem

Mine did the same thing about a month ago, sent to be serviced/repaired. The tech there replaced the main control unit (around $450 for the part) that fixed the problem completely. I was not happy with the f700 anymore (mainly due to the gps) and I work for best buy so I just called the tech again and got him to give me an order to get a new unit. If you guys want I can try to find the repair order and find the part number for the part used.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem. My Fix:

- upgraded the firmware to 2.00008 thats the latest one from pioneer website.

- upgreaded bluetooth.

- find the testmode software, put it on sd card and start ur f900bt.

- delete these files: gpspara0,1,2,3 and also delete the userdata folder ( this will delete ur custom start screen - back it up)

Reset the unit using the little reset button and done. That fixed my issue.

PLEASE, for the love of GOD. help me figure this crap out... I have downloaded the newest version off of pioneers website trying to fix my reboot issue. It worked for like 3 minutes and then is doing the same again whenever I am driving over a certain speed of like 15 to 20 mph. I keep reading about how to download the testmode files and delete the gps1,2,3 files and all that sounds fine. But I cant seem to get the test mode files downloaded. I have tried using my personel desk top comp, and a buddies laptop and still when It says its downloaded, it wont let me open the file. I just want my freaking stereo to work again. It worked fine for over a year and all of a sudden decided to go on strike... Please help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a f700 that is just stuck on the main pioneer boot up screen. I so far have tried doing numerous updates found on here, as well as the update offered from pioneer. I think maybe I need like a full functional back up file. I can get into test mode, just cant get past start up screen.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 8 months later...