AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

I've had my F900BT for roughly 6 months now and it has been working perfectly since the latest firmware upgrade. That is, until now. I was just about to go on a small road trip, i input my destination and all of a sudden the system rebooted. Then rebooted again, and again, and again... After numerous physical resets, removing the radio fuse.. nothing's worked. It displays the 'now loading' screen just fine, makes its way to the main menu with the 'system starting' pop up...then reboots. I've disconnected the SD card I had in there (Music), disconnected bluetooth and made sure no disc was in the DVD slot...Nothing's made a difference.

What the hell is going on? How can I fix it???

HELP!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second redoing your flash drive. Do you have a sd card of atleast 2 gbs? Have you tried going into test mode?

I've got an 8GB SD card.. No idea how to go into 'test' mode. I haven't modded this unit at all other than the connector plug-in for setting the GPS and viewing DVD's while driving.

:?

This same problem just started to happen to me recently as well. I was almost positive that it was a loose positive connection but now I am starting to second guess it. And I literally just tried to test mode my deck and it's a no go, constant reboot. I notice sometimes if I hit a sharp right turn then my Pioneer will start working and so I am going to take it back to my installer on Saturday and let you guys know if whether or not it is a wiring problem!!! PS.. has anyone noticed how cheap and terrible the Pioneer harness is made??

This same problem just started to happen to me recently as well. I was almost positive that it was a loose positive connection but now I am starting to second guess it. And I literally just tried to test mode my deck and it's a no go, constant reboot. I notice sometimes if I hit a sharp right turn then my Pioneer will start working and so I am going to take it back to my installer on Saturday and let you guys know if whether or not it is a wiring problem!!! PS.. has anyone noticed how cheap and terrible the Pioneer harness is made??

So it is definitely not a wiring problem...... Looks my Pioneer is somewhat dead after just about 2 weeks..... I'm going to be contacting Pioneer on Monday for my warranty exchange/repair. My deck does work however sometimes keep that in mind. Does anyone else's work occasionally or is it just me??

Quick update on what it seems like solved my reboots (at least for now). I went in testmode, I copied my flashdisk on an USB flash that I plugged in to be safe, then went back in the flashdisk and looked at what files were used last.

My reboots started when I used my gps so I was looking for something that would have gps in the filename. In the root directory of my flashdisk, I saw 4 files named gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin which were used last. I deleted all 4 of them as I assumed they may be created by the OS. After this I shut off my car, turned it on and no reboot. I have not driven for an extended period yet to be 100% on this solution but for about 10 min I was ok and I was able to select destination and get directions.

I am not sure what these files are and what they do but so far I am good. I have also a back up of them so my advice is if you are going to follow my steps SAVE YOUR FILES FIRST.

I will let you know on any updates.

Cheers

Quick update on what it seems like solved my reboots (at least for now). I went in testmode, I copied my flashdisk on an USB flash that I plugged in to be safe, then went back in the flashdisk and looked at what files were used last.

My reboots started when I used my gps so I was looking for something that would have gps in the filename. In the root directory of my flashdisk, I saw 4 files named gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin which were used last. I deleted all 4 of them as I assumed they may be created by the OS. After this I shut off my car, turned it on and no reboot. I have not driven for an extended period yet to be 100% on this solution but for about 10 min I was ok and I was able to select destination and get directions.

I am not sure what these files are and what they do but so far I am good. I have also a back up of them so my advice is if you are going to follow my steps SAVE YOUR FILES FIRST.

I will let you know on any updates.

Cheers

So you WERE able to enter test mode no questions asked or did you have to wait until it stopped rebooting eventually??? Please tell me before I send my monitor off to Pioneer!!

hoh :(

i have the same problem. my avic working fine, but today it reboot randomly! again and again after 3-4 minuts after start/

I notice that avic reboot only in GPS mode.. when i listen FM or iPod, all ok!

may be problem in wrong bypass? i put wire (parking brake ) to the ground/

hoh :(

i have the same problem. my avic working fine, but today it reboot randomly! again and again after 3-4 minuts after start/

I notice that avic reboot only in GPS mode.. when i listen FM or iPod, all ok!

may be problem in wrong bypass? i put wire (parking brake ) to the ground/

So I got off the phone with Pioneer, talked to a service guy in navigation and asked me if I had my parking brake wired properly and not just grounded and of course I said no and he said "Well what usually causes the constant reboot is the parking brake being improperly grounded and whenever we receive a monitor in for servicing that always ends up being that problem and so the solution is to properly ground it." Now when this problem first started happening, it had been my first and only time I had received the error on my monitor to where it says that the parking brake is not properly grounded. And literally 1 minute after that, my monitor has been on a constant reboot. I'm going to adjust this problem and will post my results in a few hours.

My F900 started rebooting last friday. At first it would get to the source menu and then reboot. Now it just gets a splash screen and reboots. I tried to get it into test mode but that also failed. After a call to Pioneer they emediatly said send it in with no questions asked. I then called the shop they have me sending it to and told them of the problem. The tech told me that it is a known problem and pioneer is working on the cause but still does not know what is causing it. The only fix according to this guy is to replace the main system board.