AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

My F900 started rebooting last friday. At first it would get to the source menu and then reboot. Now it just gets a splash screen and reboots. I tried to get it into test mode but that also failed. After a call to Pioneer they emediatly said send it in with no questions asked. I then called the shop they have me sending it to and told them of the problem. The tech told me that it is a known problem and pioneer is working on the cause but still does not know what is causing it. The only fix according to this guy is to replace the main system board.

Is your parking brake grounded?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My F900 started rebooting last friday. At first it would get to the source menu and then reboot. Now it just gets a splash screen and reboots. I tried to get it into test mode but that also failed. After a call to Pioneer they emediatly said send it in with no questions asked. I then called the shop they have me sending it to and told them of the problem. The tech told me that it is a known problem and pioneer is working on the cause but still does not know what is causing it. The only fix according to this guy is to replace the main system board.

Yes, has been for 3 Months

Yes, has been for 3 Months

Disconnect the parking brake from the ground wire and see if this solves the problem. Pioneer claims it will.

I just got my unit and I put the GTImatt mod in (which I love) and I did the Software bypass at 128.. My system is rebooting at exactly 61-62 mph ... Could this have anything to do with the mod.. I've done the apple theme,GTIMatt Mod and the silence.wav files to make the button silent.. Any idea's? It's fine under 61mph...

Its not the parking brake wire. I disconnected it. Others say it could be the car battery. I just got my less-than-a-year-old battery tested and it is perfectly fine. Plus, if it was the battery, it would have done the same thing in safe mode. In safe mode, the unit works fine for me, without GPS abviously. It could be 3 things:

1) The GPS antenna, because when I unplugged it, my stereo works fine, obviously without GPS.

2) The Head Unit, GPS part (not radio, ipod, usb, sd, cd, dvd, hd or any other "d").

3) Since most people, like me, got this problem around 2 weeks after installing the unit; and it first happened when using GPS, I would say it has something to do with sofware, or programming. Maybe data got built up somewhere, and the system got confused everytime it's trying to read your new location at a higher speed.

Here is what I suggest, which is what I am doing. Try the least expensive way first. If the unit is still under warranty, have the person who sold it to you or Pioneer send you a GPS entenna. If that does not work, then have the unit replaced. I would not recommend you to mess with hardware, software or programming, etc...Unless you really know what you are doing and if the unit is no longer under warranty. Most, if not all, companies will void warranty if hardware and or software have been compromised. That's my two cents. And please try everything at your own risk. Eveything that was said it my personal opinion, and I must not be held liable.

1. Put the SD Card with the testmode folders in the root directory of the SD Card.

2. Turn the ignition on

3. In testmode go to Start->Programs->Windows Explorer

4. Click on "My Flash Disk" and you will see a bunch of folders and files

5. Click on Edit menu and select all (or at least the files you are planning to delete - gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin)

6. Go up one level to see the SD Card that you used to boot into test mode

7. Double click, Edit menu and paste

8. Go back to the "My Flash Disk" root directory and delete the above mentioned files

9. Turn off the ignition and take the SD Card out

10. Turn your ignition on and it should work just fine.

Let me know if it helps.

Deleting files did not work for me because when I deleted file "gpspara0.bin" and tried to delete the other ones, "gpspara0.bin" which i already deleted reappears. It does that for all the other one. They keep showing up again. Even if you are successful at deleting all 4 of them, You have either messed up a feature in the unit, or the unit will create the files again and you will end up have the same problem after 2 weeks.

I am sorry guys but this unit is a piece of crap. I had a lot of respect for the Pioneer brand until now. I paid $600 for this unit, not including other stuff I bought to make this work in my car. All I ask is for this unit to work for a while longer than 3 weeks. Is that too much to ask, especially after spending so much money?

I am not a hacker and I don't care much for MODS. I just want my stereo to play music and give me directions. I can get a pretty good stereo $150 and a fairly good GPS for another $150. But I was willing to pay double that for the convenience of having the 2 units into one. Some of you even paid a lot more than I did. For Avic-F90BT, the idea was there; but the delivery wasn't. Im seriously considering getting the Kenwood DNX6140. Sorry Avic fans!!

Vegas, it worked GREAT! The system is now full functional :D . I really like this unit and all it's features but I must say, Pioneer messed up on this one - I really hope they release some REALLY GOOD fixes and updates for this in the future or they could end up losing ALOT of customers in the Navigation scene. Anyway, I am a happy camper once again and I decided that sadly, I will have to keep an "Emergency SD Testmode Card" in the vehicle at all times (like insurance lol) so that if this thing craps out on me while I somewhere in the middle of the U.S. I can reset the files and (hopefully) be back on track.

I do have one question, so when I delete those files you mentioned - does it erase all my setting, contacts, addresses, etc. etc? Because when I restarted the system, it acted like it was brand new again and wanted me to input my preferred voice and language, etc...

Anyway, thanks again Vegas - you made my day so much better - now I can go finish up my installation... :o

If that is indeed what fixed yours, apparently my unit keeps re-creating bad files. I have tired everyting except an entanna. I don't want to pay $45 on a antenna not knowing if that would fix the problem. It looks like this one is going back. I spent way to much time trying to fix it than actually enjoying it. Seriously though, if you spend that much money on something, it should not be expected of you to do R&D work for all the highly paid engineers at Pioneer. They should test, test and retest to remove all the bugs out of the system. And when that's done, they should have a few hundreds beta units on the field around the country (or world) testing the units for months before they release it. That way when consumers get a unit they would not have to join a forum site to keep it running.

If it was just me and or a couple people having this problem, I would understand. Hey, things happen. But when a lot of people are having the same issue, then it must be a poorly designed, or tested product.

I'm sorry for ranting, but that is how I feel. Even if you fix this for now, it can later embarrass you in front of a client, customer, or even a "hot chick" when you show up late because you got lost and you relied on your GPS system and all it does is reboot itself.

Jay I agree with you and it is a bunch of B.S. that we have to start tryin to fix this out of the box and yeah those Engineers do make big bucks so why is this "Lemon" edition out? I think they should get a pay cut for having us fix the damn thing lol. Anyway, although it is working now - I am still paranoid of it crapping out and that is not good - also the fact I gotta keep a "Testmode" SD card with me all the time, just in case - personally is ridiculous I think.

I dunno, if this thing craps out again on me WHILE I am in much need of it, I think I might rip it out of the dash and throw it out on the highway, in the bushes that is lol. Seriously, I feel your pain and I really pee'd off yesterday cos I just bought the thing and it was already "broke"!!???! Maybe Pioneer was over their heads with this one and tried to cram too much stuff in one unit or maybe to keep up with competition in haste??

Well if it gives me crap again I think I am gonna go "back" to the old faithful Avic-D3 - aaah the good ole days...

pcguy760 you are welcome. I hoped it will work for somebody else as well. As far as resetting all your preferences... It should not. It did not change any of my settings.

Cheers

Hey yeah it did - I just checked but I also did a full reset after that too so you think that might have did it? Oh well, its ok even if it did cos its working now!! I hate to say it, but like I mentioned before if it does crap on me again, its out the window and I am gonna find me a nice old D3. I somewhat regret selling my D3 now... somewhat, sometimes, I dunno but thats not good considering I just got this...