AVIC411.com

F900BT reboots over and over - Very weird - HELP!!

Vegas,

My f900bt has been rebooting since 12/27/08, since driving back from a holiday gathering. I hadn't even been able to get it into test mode. Today I was going to take it out to send it back to Pioneer since it's finally warm up here in NY. I decided to look here to see if there was something new I could try. I found your post, got the thing to boot into testmode by clicking the sd card in and out until it picked up on it - figured I was sending it back anyway, so what the hey. I got it into test mode, got rid of those files and it works now. Even the gps can find my location now. Previously, it would work sometimes, but the map was frozen on the place I was when it broke. I really hope this fix stays. What a pain!

I am very greatful for your information. Please message me with your paypal. I would like to give you a small token of appreciation for the hassle and shipping you just saved me.

Janet

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas,

My f900bt has been rebooting since 12/27/08, since driving back from a holiday gathering. I hadn't even been able to get it into test mode. Today I was going to take it out to send it back to Pioneer since it's finally warm up here in NY. I decided to look here to see if there was something new I could try. I found your post, got the thing to boot into testmode by clicking the sd card in and out until it picked up on it - figured I was sending it back anyway, so what the hey. I got it into test mode, got rid of those files and it works now. Even the gps can find my location now. Previously, it would work sometimes, but the map was frozen on the place I was when it broke. I really hope this fix stays. What a pain!

I am very greatful for your information. Please message me with your paypal. I would like to give you a small token of appreciation for the hassle and shipping you just saved me.

Janet

I will be doing the same tomorrow when I in fact get my Pioneer re-installed. If this IS a good solution, I will as well send my token of appreciation!

Deleting those 4 files absolutely fixed it. This worked like a charm for me! I went from :x : to :D Thank you Vegas for your insight, you saved me a whole lot of headaches. Also, a huge thanks to another gsxr 1k for sharing his original flash disk with me (I didn't need them but its great to have them archived just in case) . Check your PM's, I sent you both itunes gift cards.

1. Put the SD Card with the testmode folders in the root directory of the SD Card.

2. Turn the ignition on

3. In testmode go to Start->Programs->Windows Explorer

4. Click on "My Flash Disk" and you will see a bunch of folders and files

5. Click on Edit menu and select all (or at least the files you are planning to delete - gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin)

6. Go up one level to see the SD Card that you used to boot into test mode

7. Double click, Edit menu and paste

8. Go back to the "My Flash Disk" root directory and delete the above mentioned files

9. Turn off the ignition and take the SD Card out

10. Turn your ignition on and it should work just fine.

Let me know if it helps.

Confirmed - this worked for me!!!! At least for the 15-20 minute test drive I just took with only the radio on - but hey, 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted operation is about 15-20 times better than what I've had over the last several months. Thanks so much to Vegas for figuring this aspect of the issue out and GSXR for paving the way with the software back up. I sent the unit back to Pioneer and tried many of the other firmware fixes listed on this forum to no avail.

Deleting files did not work for me because when I deleted file "gpspara0.bin" and tried to delete the other ones, "gpspara0.bin" which i already deleted reappears. It does that for all the other one. They keep showing up again.

If you're talking about them reappearing right away after they were deleted while still in the same test mode session, I noticed this too. After some toying around, I found they didn't reappear when I deleted them in reverse order (ie gpspara3.bin then gpspara2.bin, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Im also having a reboot issue with my avicf900. I had it installed at a local car audio installer. Unit seems to work fine until I start driving. Took truck back and they told me they put in a switch to act as the parking brake. The radio reboots continuously while in motion. Does the parking brake lead have to be physically connected to the power of the parking brake. Is there another way to bypass this? Possibly another issue?

Im also having a reboot issue with my avicf900. I had it installed at a local car audio installer. Unit seems to work fine until I start driving. Took truck back and they told me they put in a switch to act as the parking brake. The radio reboots continuously while in motion. Does the parking brake lead have to be physically connected to the power of the parking brake. Is there another way to bypass this? Possibly another issue?

have them do the hardware bypass and lose that switch. you just switch two wires in the harness and ground the park brake and mute wire, iirc. the how to is around here, probably stickied.

edit: i would print this out and take it to them.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17013

It was installed for professionals, worked very fine, it's a software problem, happens when I tried to install a data.zip of GTImatts, I've already tried to restore igo backup and deleted those files, now a tried to re-install firmware 2.0 but it wont start because i already have the 2.0, does anyone knows how to hard reset and if it works? I'm going crazy here, my unit just reboots over and over every 5 minutes!!! Help me and sorry for my english, I'm brazilian!

Thanks guys, a downloaded the unit back up and restored my unit!

Thanks God it works!!!!!

I realize that my problem was some schemes that I downloaded here, when a changed my map colors it starts reboot, so here is my newbs advice, be careful about the schemes maybe you'll have the same problem as me! If that happens you'll only need to restore a full back up!!

Thank you all for the atencion!

My F90BT Just Started Doing This Tonight.

Comes on for about 5 minutes and reboots.

The system startup stays there I can still Play music buts it's really irritating.

Is the fix the same as with the 900?

Is there anyway i can get this backup?

How do i get test mode?

I'm really frustrated with it and any help would be appreciated.