AVIC411.com

F900BT - Splash Screen then "off".

I don't "think" this is the problem other people have had regarding the backup camera - I have an f900BT, no backup camera installed, and it will show the splash screen, and then go dark, call it maybe 15 or 20 seconds. The thing is, I never hear any audio, and it responds to no buttons whatsoever. It seems very much like it's off.

I've tried resetting it, including hold 5 seconds, hold 10 seconds, and hold reset + eject 10 seconds, and nothing changes. I have to buy myself an SD card today, once I do that I figure I'll try putting the 2.0 update on it, and seeing if the unit will boot that.

My question is - is that a reasonable thing to do? Will it copy the files from the SD card if it already had the 2.0 firmware? (It did.)

I didn't try modding or anything like that, it was just music one day, and now the only soundtrack I hear is me yelling at other cars, and I've heard that song before. >.>

I have the same exact problem. I am using an AVIC-F90Bt and it was working GREAT and then I tried starting it and after the boot screen it turns off. Completely off, no lights, no screen, I can even hear my amp turn off but the fan on the unit stays on. Does it think that it has overheated maybe? I also tried starting in test mode. It boots, starts to copy the files, and then turns off. The fan stays on. I think there is something wrong with a heat sensor maybe within the unit but I have no way to tell. I also can't find anything about this problem online anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

OK...same problem! Have done car installs for years w/o problems. Decided to "upgrade" from an N-3 to F900BT in 2001 Explorer. New unit came with 2.0 upgrade. Unit worked fine for 3 weeks, then the same problem-starts to boot up then off/zilch/nada. I can hit the reset and and it goes thru the same thing. I figured I had a bum unit, so I went to best buy and got a replacement. Started to boot up showing "loading files", etc....then the same thing-off/zilch/nada. I take the unit back to BB then go buy one from THE local car audio/video expert...SAME DAMN THING! I removed my "hack" connections-before I installed the second unit. Removed the "A/V" connector and all other connections, including IP buss. On the "Power Connector"-Acc/Battery power lines are fine. Checked all speaker leads....no grounds, rev polarity...perfect. Ground is good. No more wires to check! Talk about exasperating. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a direct ground to chassis....but like I said ground is good. Any ideas? I believe trying 3 different units from 3 different sources probably eliminates a software problem. Oh, for the heck of it I jerririgged the N-3 back up to see if it would have problems.....worked like a charm. I'm ready to beat this unit like a rented mule.......

I had the same problem, I couldn't even get into testmode it would reboot copying the files, what I did was update 2.0...again, the unit was already at 2.0, it still wouldn't boot up but it would endlessly load, but then it would let me get into testmode, now I'm just waiting to finish downloading the files from gsxr 1k and all should be well I believe, I'll update you guys in about 30 mins

How do you overwrite the entire Flash Drive?

I've copied the 1.6GB of data onto my SD Card but unsure how to proceed.

(a huge thanks to another gsxr 1k for sharing). On a side note, I have the F900 but will be using the F700 data files. Will there be any issues such as loosing DVD playback?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Resnone, you won't lose any functionality, the software is the same between the two units, hardware in the unit signals which files are actually loaded and used.

As for overwriting, just copy and paste. If it doesn't work that way you may need to re-format the flash drive, you should be able to do that straight from explorer, if not you should be able to do it from the control panel.