AVIC411.com

I was about to buy an Avic F, but...

I've heard stupider, at least now.

If I'm dropping big bucks on a nav system, it better do everything I want. Pioneer dropped the ball on this feature (even after a firmware update, apparently), so they don't get my money. I'll live without Nav until someone makes a good product.

I've heard stupider, at least now.

If I'm dropping big bucks on a nav system, it better do everything I want. Pioneer dropped the ball on this feature (even after a firmware update, apparently), so they don't get my money. I'll live without Nav until someone makes a good product.

I don't see it as "dropping the ball" for many users it really doesn't matter, to you it does, thus this would not be the best unit for you to purchase.

Did you know that you can pause the Ipod before you make a call???? When you receive a call you can also REWIND the Ipod after the call... If it's really that impossible for you to do this, then this unit is definitely not for YOU. If you get the F700 your really not spending BIG BUCKS. You'll never get an all in one unit like this for under $350.00. (Amazon)

I do not think any company makes a Nav unit with all the options one person could ever want. If you really are willing to wait until there is the perfect Nav unit out there I guess you will be waiting a long time.

Do I wish the ipod would pause during a phone call, sure but it was not a show stopper for me.

I don't see it as "dropping the ball" for many users it really doesn't matter, to you it does, thus this would not be the best unit for you to purchase.

You are probably right that it does not matter for many users. But I think there is an objectively right and wrong way of doing this. Muting the ipod is always worse than pausing on an incoming call. So in that sense they did drop the ball. There are other Pioneer decks which handle incoming calls correctly.

Did you know that you can pause the Ipod before you make a call???? When you receive a call you can also REWIND the Ipod after the call... If it's really that impossible for you to do this, then this unit is definitely not for YOU. If you get the F700 your really not spending BIG BUCKS. You'll never get an all in one unit like this for under $350.00. (Amazon)

Never is a long time, isn't it. I'm sure someone will come out with something. Or maybe Pioneer will fix the AVIC so it implements this correctly.

Either I could muck around with a rewind button trying to find where the audiobook left off after a lengthy call....or I could just keep the HU I have right now, which does the right thing and pauses it.

Like I said, I'll wait until I get the features I want before I buy something. Just because *you* don't need a feature, doesn't mean that the feature is useless for everyone. I'm sure there are others who would want this particular feature too.

i dont want to start a fight or anything but

i have about 6000 songs in my library

which i have listened to them about a 100 times each

so for me i am not missing anything if the song doesnt pause

i wouldnt bother me if i missed the next three songs

i will just push skip back if i want to hear the song again

its not like its the last and only time you will hear the song

i dont want to start a fight or anything but

i have about 6000 songs in my library

which i have listened to them about a 100 times each

so for me i am not missing anything if the song doesnt pause

i wouldnt bother me if i missed the next three songs

i will just push skip back if i want to hear the song again

its not like its the last and only time you will hear the song

Yes, fine for songs. But not for audiobooks or podcasts. A podcast might be two hours long, without chapters. You can't just start it over if you're halfway through. If you have a 10 minute incoming phone call and the ipod doesn't pause, you have to manually rewind 10 minutes of the podcast. This would be a hassle even if I wasn't driving. And driving makes it worse: I have to keep glancing at the screen, and keep playing randomly to see where I was. As I said, pausing is really the correct way to do this--but I can understand that it doesn't matter either way to some folks. I don't think anyone actually wants it to be mute only.