AVIC411.com

F900bt turns off through open/close windows???

Hi all!

I searched the web and just found this great forum. So many problems are solved and I hope you guys can help with my too.

I decided for the F900bt (2.0 update already installed) and installed it in my 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan (w/o factory amp or steering wheel controls). To replace the head unit I installed the PAC C2R-CHY4 replacement interface. That was a pretty easy thing, all wires connected and GPS and Mic installed - everything works fine.

Until I realized later that the radio turns off and restarts randomly when I open or close one powered window of the car. It doesn't matter which window it is and it don't happen each time. But of course I want to stop that. So I thought maybe the PAC interface module has an issue and sent it back to the seller and bought a another one. You can imagine - the same issue with the new interface. I also checked again all wire connections and couldn't find any issue here.

Do you have any idea what can cause the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Virzn

The wires of the PAC interface are directly connected to the plug of the Dodge and to the proper wire of the F900bt. The power wire from F900 goes directly to the car plug and the ground wire as well without involving the PAC interface. Only the ACC connection comes out of the interface module to the radio (because the car plug doesn't have a pure ACC wire but somehow the information coming from the car is translated by the interface module).

The ACC out of the interface has an output of exactly 12v 1amp. Can it be that F900bt needs a little bit more or something?

I think it is the PAC SWI PS you need

he is talking about the CAN interface not the steering wheel interface.

unfortunatly i have experenced problems with just about all brands CAN or LAN (gm) interfaces.the only time i use them is when the is an amp in the system that doesnt need to be bypassed. you best bet would be to find a true ACC wire (i usually use the key activated cig plug socket in most chyslers) and tap off the + wire and run it up to the AVIC's ACC wire, you will lose the Retained Accesorry Power, but at least you headunit will stay on while you are using the windows

@1loudls

What is a cig plug socket and where would I probably find it? What does it mean to lose the retained acc - will the radio turn on when the key is in ACC position and turn off by taking the key out?

By the way, thanks a lot for your really quick responses, guys :!:

RAP (Retained Accesorry Power) is where the radio stays on for ten minutes after the key is turned off or until the door is open,

the cig socket (most car dont come with a cig lighter anymore, sorry) is the power port where you plug in your phone charger, Alot of chrysler, dodge, and jeeps have two power ports. one will usually have a picture of a battery and the other will have a picture of a key on it (this is the one you will want to use). some times there is no pictures at all. if you have a phone charger that has a light on it when it is on, you can use this to test (if there are no pictures on the power port) just plug it in, while the key is off, if it lights up then this wont work, if you have another one make sure to try them all. if it doesnt light up, put the key in and turn it on, if it lights up now then you have found a winner

The ACC over cig solution works just great. Now everything is perfect! Thanks a lot for that tip!

Even if the pac interface has this issue I still would recommend it because it combines all needed cable (speed, brake and reverse) within one plug to the car wire and it's simple to install on the F series.

Thanks!

Virzn

hopefully since more and more car are needing these interfaces they are getting closer to making them work right, they have the best funtionality but still just a little buggy when it comes to translating all the info from the car