AVIC411.com

New iPhone 3.0 Firmware not compatible with AVIC 900BT?

I have an ipod 160 gb that handles music and video.

I see, you have it more than well covered then. Only diff I can see aside from not have the awesome 160gb of storage, is that you have slightly more chances of having your iphone on you at times when you wish you had some tunes to play but are not carry the ipod. Maybe do transfer a few fav tunes across, never know when it could come in handy when ipod-less. Personally I would never have the time to fill a 160gb ipod, nor do I even have more than 15 gig of digital music right now on my media server.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea my library is about 30 gig right now and I have all of it on my ipod. I would love to have everything in one device but the capacity of the iphone is just too limited at the present. My ipod has everything in my library and only leaves my storage box when I update it with new content.

Yea my library is about 30 gig right now and I have all of it on my ipod. I would love to have everything in one device but the capacity of the iphone is just too limited at the present. My ipod has everything in my library and only leaves my storage box when I update it with new content.

That may all change in June with the rumored release of a new 32gig version. I agree 16gig would be way to small for an entire collection, especially if you are like myself and insistent on mostly 320kbps quality. Mind you it certainly keeps me going when away from home. This weekend is a good example, I'm playing all the music I need off it.

• 1 month later...

Iphone 3.0 official release on regular iPhone 3G does not work with Avic F900BT running the latest firmware. The device will still charge, but now it states "This accessory will not work with iPhone" - no options or OK/CANCEL are given, its just stated it won't work. It worked just fine before 3.0 was loaded and it was running 2.2.1. So, either Apple will have to release an update (which they have to anyways to make MMS work for AT&T customers come late August) or Pioneer will have to update their firmware again - which we all know takes a substantial amount of time. Thank you Apple for once again fudging up interface compatibilities! Has anyone else experienced this with their Avic with official 3.0 release on iPhone?

I have the same setup, works fine (just like it used too) of course apple didn't release the whole update , the SMS, the blue tooth tethering and a couple other things they said were in the 3.0 were not there yet. Oh well, that gives pioneer more time for our update :)

I have the same setup, works fine (just like it used too) of course apple didn't release the whole update , the SMS, the blue tooth tethering and a couple other things they said were in the 3.0 were not there yet. Oh well, that gives pioneer more time for our update :)

More like AT&T hasn't enabled the features. Besides... why would Pioneer care about MMS and tethering?

Iphone 3.0 official release on regular iPhone 3G does not work with Avic F900BT running the latest firmware. The device will still charge, but now it states "This accessory will not work with iPhone" - no options or OK/CANCEL are given, its just stated it won't work. It worked just fine before 3.0 was loaded and it was running 2.2.1. So, either Apple will have to release an update (which they have to anyways to make MMS work for AT&T customers come late August) or Pioneer will have to update their firmware again - which we all know takes a substantial amount of time. Thank you Apple for once again fudging up interface compatibilities! Has anyone else experienced this with their Avic with official 3.0 release on iPhone?

All releases of 3.0 since beta have essentially worked(give or take some early beta glitches) with the F900BT. I don't know what your issue is but it doesn't gel with the rest of us.

I just bought the 32GB iPhone 3Gs and have a 900BT. I get the same error of "this accessory can not charge the iPhone" or something like that. It won't show up as "ipod" on the deck and won't charge. Bluetooth and calls work fine... damn you Apple and/or Pioneer. Any solutions?

I just bought the 32GB iPhone 3Gs and have a 900BT. I get the same error of "this accessory can not charge the iPhone" or something like that. It won't show up as "ipod" on the deck and won't charge. Bluetooth and calls work fine... damn you Apple and/or Pioneer. Any solutions?

If you can't even charge your iphone it sounds more like your whole ipod interface wiring setup is wrong. As repeated here multiple times there are plenty of people with a working iphone-F900BT interfaces and iphone 3G. Did you already have an iphone 3G before getting the 3GS? There is zero reason for anything to be different in connecting a 3G vs 3GS, apple upgraded the processor and the camera, otherwise they are identical. Unfort given the rest of the world has to sit around twiddling our thumbs till the 3GS is available this next week, I don't have one yet.

i didn't try to make the ipod work as hard disk drive, because it works correct like ipod in the avic...

but would it be possible to make the iphone work as hard disk drive ? and when connected to the avic to look for mp3...

i remember a way to activate ipod nano in itunes as a simple hard disk drive...so that we put mp3 in a completly another folder, that could be seen by the avic ??? :!::?::idea:

ps: i've tryed my brother's iphone and i confirm, it only charge nothing else...

i'm going to se this afternoon if bluetooth would work and if my little idea would work...but if anybody have better idea, please let us know :wink:

i didn't try to make the ipod work as hard disk drive, because it works correct like ipod in the avic...

but would it be possible to make the iphone work as hard disk drive ? and when connected to the avic to look for mp3...

i remember a way to activate ipod nano in itunes as a simple hard disk drive...so that we put mp3 in a completly another folder, that could be seen by the avic ??? :!::?::idea:

ps: i've tryed my brother's iphone and i confirm, it only charge nothing else...

i'm going to se this afternoon if bluetooth would work and if my little idea would work...but if anybody have better idea, please let us know :wink:

Sorry, but I can't see the point. There is something wrong with your install if your bro's iphone doesn't work like a normal ipod when you hook it up.

you're right,

it wasn't work with iphone version 2...

i've just update my brother's iphone in V3, and even if it display a message info about "compatibility" it works great !!!!! :D

now with the avic F700 ( V2, first version 2, no update done yet ) i have the iphone charging, working with bluetooth phone, and playing mp3 !!!!

sorry about my first confirmation, i was wrong ( i mean i was right with V2 firmware of the iphone :lol: )

so V3 iphone firmware and 1st V2 avic firmware : result OK !!!

I think you need to go to the av setting and make sure input 1 is set to iPod . . . .

as far as the charging issue / notice goes WITH THE NEW IPHONE 3GS - I get the same thing and it will NOT charge (but otherwise works the same as my 3G). I think they might have changed the pin assignment in the cable. I am planning on calling apple to find out if there is a new av cable for the 3GS because my 3G charges fine. I am currently using the pioneer ipod cable. I am thinking a NEW av cable (probably from apple itself) will probably fix the charging issue . . .

Clark