AVIC411.com

New iPhone 3.0 Firmware not compatible with AVIC 900BT?

btw I wanted to add . . .

NO COMPATABILITY ISSUES with iPhone OS 3.0 and the F900BT or any 700BT that I have encountered at any rate (I have tested with both 8GB iPhone 3G & 16GB iPhone 3GS phones on 13 different decks).

you MAY need to do a reset on the deck itself if you are having any unusual notices or connection issues (this was required on 2 out of 13 decks and all decks had latest 2.0 firmware installed).

my deck is modded with my custom startup screen, my custom designed image.res, and running cmh928's last build with latest map upgrades

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw I wanted to add . . .

NO COMPATABILITY ISSUES with iPhone OS 3.0 and the F900BT or any 700BT that I have encountered at any rate (I have tested with both 8GB iPhone 3G & 16GB iPhone 3GS phones on 13 different decks).

you MAY need to do a reset on the deck itself if you are having any unusual notices or connection issues (this was required on 2 out of 13 decks and all decks had latest 2.0 firmware installed).

my deck is modded with my custom startup screen, my custom designed image.res, and running cmh928's last build with latest map upgrades

Thanks for adding that. I was hoping someone would put to bed reported issues with the 3GS, just as others like myself had done with the 3G and 3.0. It just didn't make sense that the 3GS would have an all new issue with charging. I can't wait to upgrade to one hopefully late next week.

just to clarify . . .

All av functions, all phone functions work fine with OS 3.0 and/or the iPhone 3GS.

there IS an issue with charging compatability and the iPhone 3GS with at least the pioneer iPod cable. I have yet to confirm with Apple engineers, but I think they may have made some pinout changes on the dock connector itself . . .

I will update as I find out more

yes it is compatible - it will work for all control and av functions. I am trying to find out if charging is supported on the new 3GS.

"Dear Clark,

Thank you for using Apple Expert Exchange. We have scheduled a callback regarding case number 127921739. An Apple Engineer will call you on Monday, June 22, between 9:30 and 9:45 a.m. Pacific."

that's the latest I've gotten from Apple . . . I'll keep this updated as I learn more

just to clarify . . .

All av functions, all phone functions work fine with OS 3.0 and/or the iPhone 3GS.

there IS an issue with charging compatability and the iPhone 3GS with at least the pioneer iPod cable. I have yet to confirm with Apple engineers, but I think they may have made some pinout changes on the dock connector itself . . .

I will update as I find out more

Ok, so it seems there is most likely an issue to be had there with power. Poor move by apple if this is case, as it going to cause no end of dramas for a lot people. Guess I'll find out for myself sometime late next week...

yes, but does it CHARGE the iPhone 3GS?

here is my reasoning: if the Apple cable works with/and charges previous models which may have had a different charging pin config (such as original iPhone and the iPhone 3G), it would suffer the same charging issues as the Pioneer cable as they are identical in their pin config.

I understand what your reasoning is. You are troubling yourself for no reason. If it is listed as compatible on their web site, you should be good. Go to Best Buy, buy the cable, if it does not work take it back and then concern yourself until an updated cable is released. You can forget expecting Pioneer to issue a new cable.

pioneer will not release a new cable - not profitable

current apple av cable will not charge

btw - just because something is listed as compatible does mean that it is or that it completely is!!! I am an IT professional for the past 21 years and can attest to that!!!

let's end the discussion until Monday when I can definitive word from my Apple Engineering department

Ok I hope this helps some people out cause I was very frustrated when I hooked up my new (iphone 3gs) to my included pioneer cable that came with my f90bt.

I went in my car and connected my phone to the cable and even though the music worked it said something that it will not charge it (a big triangle looking sign). Well I tried disconecting it and putting it back on and it still didnt work so I gave up.

Well Last night before I left my house I brought the iphone included usb cable that you use to hook it up to the computer and it charged the phone so I was like cool well at least i dont have to buy a charger. So anyway I rehooked the pioneer cable to my phone and HOLY SHIT no message came up and it was charging my phone. I tried taking my phone off,shutting the headunit off and it still worked.

So to all of you that have this problem try disconecting and reconecting your usb piece on your pioneer cable. Let me know if you need any help.

P.S the only thing I had done before this was reset my phone like 10 hourse before trying this just inscase that helped i figured i would post this.