AVIC411.com

New iPhone 3.0 Firmware not compatible with AVIC 900BT?

The new beta 3 is out and i think they fixed it cause it works for me now......i have a avic-z3 and also a 500bt or somethin liek that a regular pioneer radio that has a usb on it....and it didnt work w/ the original beta or beta 2........but now w/ the beta 3 it seems to work....minus the charging on the avic-z3 ......but the other works also charge and plays music......

it CHARGES??? Sounds very interesting :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new beta 3 is out and i think they fixed it cause it works for me now......i have a avic-z3 and also a 500bt or somethin liek that a regular pioneer radio that has a usb on it....and it didnt work w/ the original beta or beta 2........but now w/ the beta 3 it seems to work....minus the charging on the avic-z3 ......but the other works also charge and plays music......

it CHARGES??? Sounds very interesting :)

I don't get it? what's so interesting about charging? I'd be really annoyed if mine didn't, but it always has on the avic ipod interface...

Yes thats what i said my 3g does not charge in my avic-z3 but it plays the music now w/ the 3.0 software beta 3......it also works on my regular radio the 5000bt.......charges and plays music, but that unit uses a usb cable.......on beta 2 i was getting error19 ,,,,not anymore its been fixed......YAY

Well, the iphone 3G doesnt charge with the iphone cable. Playback still works though. See: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16474

Oh well mine has charged since day 1 of having a F900BT with ipod interface. Guess my Car audio guys did it properly...

3.0 beta 3 definitely causes no interface playback issues off the bat also which is nice, not that 1 or 2 have proven to be that huge a drama to work around, just a nuisance.

The reason i asked so is because if found a discussion on modmyi

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/563081-stream-audio-your-car-via-bluetooth-3-0-a.html

Seen that and tried to see if it works on a Pioneer deck in another car that fully supports BT audio streaming, but bluetooth symbol doesn't come up on the ipod controls. This is quite odd as it goes against what the video on modmyi shows. I'm wondering if it's perhaps not released in the current beta of 3.0. On top of that I can't see any evidence that the F900BT has audio streaming capability, which in my case would be a highly redundant feature..

i watched that video a couple weeks ago and was dissappointed when i didn't see my little bluetooth icon near the volume control on the iphone. but after installing the latest iphone os 3.0 beta 3, my phone pairs up and gives me the little bluetooth icon allowing me to stream audio to my D3. now if they could improve the sound quality, it will be worth it. sounds very tinny to me.

i watched that video a couple weeks ago and was dissappointed when i didn't see my little bluetooth icon near the volume control on the iphone. but after installing the latest iphone os 3.0 beta 3, my phone pairs up and gives me the little bluetooth icon allowing me to stream audio to my D3. now if they could improve the sound quality, it will be worth it. sounds very tinny to me.

Ahh cool, I haven't tried beta 3 pairing yet, since I'm always using the connector in my main car. I also haven't been in my other car to use the deck in that to try it yet, but will do so when I get a chance. I'll test the F900 later as well just for kicks.

Can anyone verify that the new 3.0 beta 3 with pair with the F series for hands free calling and transfer of phonebook, thanks.

Yeah that side has never been an issue with any version of 3.0 anyway.. It's all been down to the interface glitch as far as I'm concerned.

But that doesn't have anything to do with the bluetooth operation right? I will not be using the iphone for music on my F series.

Yes, right,exactly as was stated. Bluetooth music streaming is of course another subject altogether. Surprised you don't want to use it for music. I was hesitant at first until realised how convenient it was to have my music on it and stop carting CDs between different cars and home...