AVIC411.com

Is it possible to use iPod without the RCA connection??

I messed up on the install of my AVIC-F90BT, I thought all I had to do for my iPod to connect was use the regular USB cable. Didn't realize the AVIC uses the audio/video input for sound from the ipod, and the usb for control. Is it possible to get the music to play via USB only? It works on a flash drive, why not the iPod? I took my time doing a nice panel-mount usb connection for the iPod, and it's useless unless I can do this.

I did the very same thing on my first install. You get the info on the screen fine and can control the iPod, but no sound. I know this isn't what you want to hear but I would HIGHLY recommend opening back up and fixing it properly. I am sooo glad that I did - the iPod control is one of my favorite features. Besides you bought an all-in-one so you wouldn't have all of those external wires everywhere

• 3 months later...
^how do you use the front plug? I have the aux cord and still cant get it to play

I tried using a regular 3.5MM male X 3.5MM male patch cable from the ipod to the aux in front jack. Didn't work, can anyone explain this?

READ THE MANUAL. The front 3.5mm input is a A/V Input compatible with the External Input Cable (sold separately). If you plug a regular patch cable into it, it doesn't seem to work. I've tried. Several times. And then I read the manual.

There may be other ways to bypass it, but reading the manual is ALWAYS a good place to start. It's a PDF and very easily searchable.

Page 42 and 43 in the Owner's manual, available on Pioneer's website.