AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.

[attachment=1]P1010982.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]P1010985.JPG[/attachment]

Here is a list of mods included in my data.zip:

=======================================

Change to linear compass and move

Move clock and reformat

Add GPS strength indicator (Click to see GPS detail)

Add UK style Speed Limit Display

Clean up route blue boxes

Add 2 new blue boxes: 1 for clock, compass and speed limit and 1 for route info

Remove Map Scale

Moved speedcam warning box to bottom right

Move 2D and Info button to top of screen

Add POI button (visible whether route active or not)

Added new buttons for when no active route - Find Address, Go Home, History and Favourites)

Add buttons for when route is active (Delete Route and Mute/Unmute voice)

Changed Route info to show date, elevation and speed when no route active (when route active fields displayed are the ones set in settings)

Press actual street icon for traffic

Moved stop simulation button so it doesn't cover my custom buttons

Display house numbers by clicking on current street name (click on house numbers to remove)

Display Lat/Long when clicking on compass (remove by clicking on Lat or Long)

Call Itinery from next street name bg

Show Turn Restriction Graphics

Toggle between Time/ETA to dest

Toggle between Time/ETA to Waypoint

Toggle between distance to dest/distance to waypoint

When distance to dest changed to waypoint change time/eta to dest to time/eta to waypoint and vice versa

Stop/Start record track by clicking on clock, clock is white when not recording and red when it's recording

Speed Camera Warning Changes:

- Show correct camera type icon in warning box

- Spoken warning stating Camera type and speed limit (note: voice in English and only in mph for standard UK speed limits)

- Beep (not barking dog!) if over speed limit in last 500ft before camera (only on fixed and redlight+speed)

- Average camera warning now shows average speed for section (before it showed distance which was always zero)

- Press camera icon on average speed warning to cancel warning as standard igo expects the cameras to come in pairs but in the UK there are sometimes an odd number so it leaves the warning active until you turn the system off.

Known Issues in this release:

========================

No spoken warning on average speed cameras

No overspeed warning on average speed cameras

Spoken warnings aren't always heard if when navigating if it occurs when an instruction is being said (happens when guidance muted or unmuted)

Average speed warning sometimes shows an incorrect average speed in the thousands!

AS USUAL ALL THE USUAL DISCLAIMERS APPLY! I HAVE BEEN RUNNING THIS EXACT DATA.ZIP ON MY SYSTEM FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS AND HAVE HAD NO ISSUES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED IN THE KNOWN ISSUES SECTION. HOWEVER YOU USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG! ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP COPY OF ANYTHING YOU REPLACE SO YOU CAN RECOVER FROM ANY ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE. IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS IN THIS PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD AND I WILL TRY TO DEAL WITH THEM (PLEASE BEAR IN MIND I HAVE A REAL JOB, LOL).

To install follow these instructions:

Download GTIMatt.zip from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?y31qmnfnjqi

Unzip it, there will be 2 files, DATA.ZIP and transportm.ttf (this is the std UK traffic sign font and is needed for the speed limit mod). Copy both of these files (don't forget to back up DATA.ZIP) to My Flash Disk\APL2\Igo on your avic.

Hope you enjoy it and please post any feedback in this thread.

Matt.

****** 25th March ******

Added call to find address from the 2nd instruction box so that an address can added when a route is active as per a request (useful for quickly adding a via address).

****** 28th March *******

Here is a link to a beta version of my mods: http://www.mediafire.com/?nymzknfxq5n

This is the first version of incorporating km/h (30kph-120kph) and extra mph (such as 45mph mainly for US users) warnings into my data.zip. I have added an option of custom to the existing off, simple and when approaching audible options. If you select custom you can then click on the spanner to get to the sub options. Here you can set if you want to be warned in mph or km/h. I have done some brief testing without any issues but I'd love it if anyone wanted to try it out and see if they come across any problems. I have had a lot of requests for adding the km/h warnings so I wanted to get it out as soon as possible even if I haven't tested it fully.

*****I've found a problem with my latest mod, the barking dog is back. I think it's because I added the custom option to the warnings as value 3 and the pioneer code doesn't understand it and seems to default to the simple option. so the dog barks when you are over the limit. I think I know how to fix it but I won't get the chance to look at it until tomorrow.*****

**** 29th March ****

Think I have fixed the barking dog issue mentioned above, I tested it on a camera and the dog didn't bark, just gave my custom warning and beeped for being over the speed limit. The link from 28th March points to the new fixed version. Let me know if you still have problems.

*** 4th April ****

Posted new version. See here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 35#p157535

*** 9th April ***

Posted ner version. See here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23003&p=158721#p158721

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

I opened up the sound file and played them, they seem to be cut off at the beginning. is that correct? Also how do I get the Itinery screen up cause you said "call Itinery" not sure what that means.

Can the custom boxes color be changed to a small shade of red? Im looking at the code and im not exactly sure where to begin.

thanks!

I am getting an invalid file when downloading

Not sure what happened but I just downloaded it onto my work PC without any problems. I did notice however that as I zipped it up on my mac when you open the zip there are some mac os files there and you need to go into the GTIMatt folder to get the data.zip and the font files that you need to copy to the avic.

Hi Matt,

I love the mod you've done and I'm going to try it on my Australia F900BT. It's the best looking one I've seen yet.

Just one question? Will the ogg speed files you've added still work in kph?

The sound files will play but obviously will say a speed in mph and it won't be straight swap so it won't say 50mph in a 50kmh zone but probably something like 30mph in a 50kmh zone (hope that makes sense!). I had to join 2 sounds together (the camera type and speed limit) and as I don't need kmh I didn't bother making them. I do have the original sounds though if you wanted to make the files yourself. I have also commented the code in common\ui\speedcam.ui to show what should need to change if you use kmh.

hey gtimatt,is it possible for you to show mods indivudially so that we can apply the ones we like? like the one with lane information and so.

That would be quite a lot of work as it took me a lot of time to put these together. I have however commented all the code for each mod so I'd suggest you download the zip and have a look through it and if you had any questions I'd try to answer them. A lot of the mods are detailed in some of the other threads here though. If there was 1 or 2 in particular that you were interested in I could post more detail but not for the whole lot.

I'm not sure what you mean about the lane information as I didn't make any changes to that, the lane information you can see on my screenshot is standard funcationality.

Matt,

Would love the sound files I can have them. I just put on my unit and the speed and alt all shows in kms and meters which is great. I can play with the sound files when I have time.

Do I need to activate the speed warning in settings for it to play the ogg files or is it all built into the data zip.

Thanks for you help.

Michael

I opened up the sound file and played them, they seem to be cut off at the beginning. is that correct? Also how do I get the Itinery screen up cause you said "call Itinery" not sure what that means.

Can the custom boxes color be changed to a small shade of red? Im looking at the code and im not exactly sure where to begin.

thanks!

I just downloaded the file to my work pc and the ogg speedcam sounds played as I would expect them too there was nothing cut off.

The itinery screen is displayed when you have a route and you click on the long blue box at the top of the screen showing the next street.

I created new boxes so if you want them a different colour then you will just need to replace the bmp files in ui_pioneer\800_480\ with ones looking like you want. I used Paint.NET to create a png and then used iPaq 31x image explorer to convert it to an igo format bmp to keep transparancy (both these programs are free). The bmp you will need to change are:

st_info_bg.bmp - box containing compass, clock and speed limit

info_bg.bmp - route info box

746_32K_OM-003_32.bmp - Next Instruction box

746_32K_OM-005_32.bmp - 2nd Instruction box

746_32K_OM-007_32.bmp - Next street box

tr_bg.bmp - background for turn restriction (only shown when a valid turn restriction is present)

Hope this helps

Matt.

Matt,

Would love the sound files I can have them. I just put on my unit and the speed and alt all shows in kms and meters which is great. I can play with the sound files when I have time.

Do I need to activate the speed warning in settings for it to play the ogg files or is it all built into the data zip.

Thanks for you help.

Michael

Michael,

I think you need to activate the warnings (mine has always been turned on) but it doesn't matter about the sound warning as it sets that in the data.zip to use the custom ogg files rather than the standard one. If you want to go back to standard warnings then there is a commented line of code in common\ui\model_variables.ui that you should be able to set to go back to a standard audi warning (off, simple etc) but I haven't tested this.

I have attached the sounds I used as the basis for my warnings. BorisM has also posted some sounds that are already combined and include kph ones but they sounded a bit robotic to me so I decided to make my own.

Anyway, enjoy!

Matt.

hey gtimatt,is it possible for you to show mods indivudially so that we can apply the ones we like? like the one with lane information and so.

akkasoglu, I think the lane information appears when you upgrade the maps. I've just update my Aussie maps from V14 to V15.1 thanks to 34by151 and the lane information appear automatically. I was using a stock data zip.

Thanks Matt for the audio files. When I get them done I'll upload them if that's okay so that any other kph folk can use it.

After putting in my HD radio module I decided to give your mod a try. Haven't driven anywhere but appears to be working. Am a little worried though because my gps was showing weak to average signal. But after a few minutes it went up to high. I hope I didn't knock it down from where I had it mounted in the dash.

So good job on all you did.