AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

Matt,

Had a drive with your data.zip today. It's very good. Clean and easy to read and it has everything on the screen.

I've made kph ogg files as per yours and uploaded them into the same location (I deleted the mph ones) and I've called them 0_30kph.ogg, 0_40kph.ogg 0_50kph.ogg etc. Do I need to update any scripts to work with the new kph.ogg files? I don't have many speed cameras near my house to test it on but I want to make sure i've set it up right so that I can go for a big drive and test it out on a few redlight cameras.

Also is there any other areas that you modified to display mph instead of kph?

Michael

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Hi Matt,

Before i put the data file on my system, question: is there a button to put in a new destination while there is allready a route active???

Or is it possible for you to make this mod for me?? I think its not very hard. I've tried with the mav mod. But my knowledge of programming is not very big.

Thanks in advance

Matt,

Had a drive with your data.zip today. It's very good. Clean and easy to read and it has everything on the screen.

I've made kph ogg files as per yours and uploaded them into the same location (I deleted the mph ones) and I've called them 0_30kph.ogg, 0_40kph.ogg 0_50kph.ogg etc. Do I need to update any scripts to work with the new kph.ogg files? I don't have many speed cameras near my house to test it on but I want to make sure i've set it up right so that I can go for a big drive and test it out on a few redlight cameras.

Michael

you will need to modify speedcam.ui in common\ui to call your sounds instead of mine, you will also need to replace the runif commands to call the correct sound for the correct speed (I've commented the code with the chunk you will need to use).

I don't think there is anywhere else that I hardcoded mph so everywhere else should so whatever units your system is set too but if you find anything that doesn't then let me know.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Before i put the data file on my system, question: is there a button to put in a new destination while there is allready a route active???

Or is it possible for you to make this mod for me?? I think its not very hard. I've tried with the mav mod. But my knowledge of programming is not very big.

Thanks in advance

I can probably make this change for you, I just need to find a good place for the button as it's pretty cramped at the moment.

Matt,

Michael

hey lacehim.. if you succesfully done this, would you mind sharing it... I think like me alot of people would love gtimatt's mod in combination with kph sounds instead of the mph ones...

Matt,

Michael

It would be great if you could upload your sounds and I will incoroporate them into my data.zip as well by hopefully choosing the correct version based on the speed limit unit of the speed camera as there seems to be others who would like to use this file but want the speedcam sounds in kph.

I've just finished modifying GTIMatt's data.zip with kph sounds as per his original spec. Australia has a number of differing speed limits so I've increased the number of files from 30kph (any slower and you could get a ticket walking) through to 110kph in 10kph increments. I haven't tested it yet and also I don't know if I have got it right because I haven't done much data.zip modification. I will be loading it on my unit tomorrow morning and I will make a test speed camera on a nearby street corner.

Maybe you could give it the once over Matt to make sure I haven't stuff it up. I hope it's okay for me to upload the modified Data.zip to share. You've done a great job and hopefully this helps out all the European and Australia owners in kphland.

Here's a link to the data.zip if you are desperate to test it out and another just for the audio files I mashed together from GTIMatt's audio files. I just used the female ones but making a male one shouldn't be a hassle.

GTIMatt's Data.zip with kph http://rapidshare.com/files/213343272/DATA.ZIP (updated removed the ">" as per Matt's post)

You will also need to put this font file info the same folder as the data.zip http://rapidshare.com/files/213722048/transportm.ttf

Kph Audio Files used in Data.zip http://rapidshare.com/files/213316264/output.rar

Let me know if it works or if I stuffed it up.

Hi Matt,

Thanks in advance

I've put a new data.zip up (see original post) that includes a new mod to call the find address screen when in route by clicking on the 2nd direction instruction box. I didn't have the room to add a new button but this should work fine.

I've just finished modifying GTIMatt's data.zip with kph sounds as per his original spec. Australia has a number of differing speed limits so I've increased the number of files from 30kph (any slower and you could get a ticket walking) through to 110kph in 10kph increments. I haven't tested it yet and also I don't know if I have got it right because I haven't done much data.zip modification. I will be loading it on my unit tomorrow morning and I will make a test speed camera on a nearby street corner.

Maybe you could give it the once over Matt to make sure I haven't stuff it up. I hope it's okay for me to upload the modified Data.zip to share. You've done a great job and hopefully this helps out all the European and Australia owners in kphland.

Here's a link to the data.zip if you are desperate to test it out and another just for the audio files I mashed together from GTIMatt's audio files. I just used the female ones but making a male one shouldn't be a hassle.

GTIMatt's Data.zip with kph http://rapidshare.com/files/213316263/DATA.ZIP

Kph Audio Files used in Data.zip http://rapidshare.com/files/213316264/output.rar

Let me know if it works or if I stuffed it up.

The only thing I would say is I think it will call the wrong speed limit as you're looking for < 30 etc so if it was a 30kph camera it would be the < 40 condition that would fire and tell you it's a 40kph limit. I think for kph you can get rid of the < sign and just have something like this:

runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value < 30 'playsound "0_unknown"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 30  'playsound "0_30kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 40  'playsound "0_40kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 50  'playsound "0_50kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 60  'playsound "0_60kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 70  'playsound "0_70kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 80  'playsound "0_80kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 90  'playsound "0_90kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 100 'playsound "0_100kph"'
else_runif %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value 110 'playsound "0_110kph"'
else_run 'playsound "0_unknown"'

The only reason I have the < in my code for mph is because it seems that the %navigation.curr_speedcam.speed_limit.value is in kph even if the camera is set to mph so you have to do a < comparison as no one seems sure exactly what they have stored in kph for the mph limit so the < gives a bit of margin for error (hope that makes sense!) Alternatively you could keep the < in and just increase the values by i.e < 31, < 41, < 51 etc.

GTI MATT, 1 more question... that green square icon. Is that the street button? and Clicking on that will make traffic show? as in MSN traffic?

Also no trying to tear apart your work or anything (even though I am... lol) but lets say for the compass, I dont need the Lat/Long since im not in the military or navy. So in the code with the compass, I replace the onrelease='run sc_Lat/long.... to ((onrelease='run sc_btnARM_Itineary_OnRelease' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route">)) and delete all the c14 data and it will work right?

Hey Matt or anyone .. I just got my unit and I put your mod in (which I love) and I did the Software bypass at 128.. My system is rebooting at exactly 61-62 mph ... Could this have anything to do with the mod.. I've done the apple theme,GTIMatt Mod and the silence.wav files to make the button silent.. Any idea's? It's fine under 61mph...

Hey Matt or anyone .. I just got my unit and I put your mod in (which I love) and I did the Software bypass at 128.. My system is rebooting at exactly 61-62 mph ... Could this have anything to do with the mod.. I've done the apple theme,GTIMatt Mod and the silence.wav files to make the button silent.. Any idea's? It's fine under 61mph...

well you dont need to do the silencer mod cause you can lower the beeps in the master volume... but it lowers the voice command volume too. Other then that, i have no idea why it would be rebooting. Sounds like maybe the software mod wasnt done correctly, but i could be wrong. Change your speed setting to 256 or something.

well you dont need to do the silencer mod cause you can lower the beeps in the master volume... but it lowers the voice command volume too. Other then that, i have no idea why it would be rebooting. Sounds like maybe the software mod wasnt done correctly, but i could be wrong. Change your speed setting to 256 or something.

Ok cool.. I was just going to try to back out the mod.. and see if that fixes it.. Does 256 work?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for updating the zip file with my requested mod. The data file is in my system and running. Tommorrow i will test it further. To my opinion the system is now operating the way it should be.

@ lacehim

The km/h data zip file with sped warnings, is that the data file wich matt just uploaded?? So with the next direction button. When you tab you can put in new destination. (whaaa i love this feature)

I live in the Netherlands so much speed warnings to test :lol:

Thanks again for the best mod on the forum!!

Just one note: not a best screenshot of the "Honda/crematorium" I drive a Honda she is still alive!!