AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

GTI MATT, 1 more question... that green square icon. Is that the street button? and Clicking on that will make traffic show? as in MSN traffic?

Also no trying to tear apart your work or anything (even though I am... lol) but lets say for the compass, I dont need the Lat/Long since im not in the military or navy. So in the code with the compass, I replace the onrelease='run sc_Lat/long.... to ((onrelease='run sc_btnARM_Itineary_OnRelease' visiblemodel="navigation.has_route">)) and delete all the c14 data and it will work right?

Go for it, I won't take it personally! lol. I know my taste won't be for everyone so feel free to hack it to bits.

What you said should work, if you make the change to the onrelease on the compass then you don't have to take the rest of the code unless you want to for tidyness as it will never get called. There is also come code for lat/long in advmenu.ui and navigatemap.ui both in common\ui.

The green button is just the std stop flyover button (as my screenshot was taken during a flyover). All I did was move it as the std position covered some of my buttons.

The traffic screen is called up by pressing the icon next to the current street name, I don't know if it works for MSN as we use TMC in Europe.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

Ok cool.. I was just going to try to back out the mod.. and see if that fixes it.. Does 256 work?

yeah, should work. I remember reading about this problem, and it wasnt the mods that was the problem its the bypass mod. 128 or whatever was the speed you changed to trick the system, but thats in kmph.. if you convert that to mph that is around 60 so miles an hour... you see? so you gotta rise up the number to trick the unit at a faster speed, im pretty sure. dont quote me... and I did the hardware bypass which is much more awesome.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for updating the zip file with my requested mod. The data file is in my system and running. Tommorrow i will test it further. To my opinion the system is no operating the way it should be.

@ lacehim

The km/h data zip file with sped warnings, is that the data file wich matt just uploaded?? So with the next direction button. When you tab you can put in new destination. (whaaa i love this feature)

I live in the Netherlands so much speed warnings to test :lol:

Thanks again for the best mod on the forum!!

Just one note: not a best screenshot of the "Honda/crematorium" I drive a Honda she is still alive!!

Thanks for the compliment, my data.zip doesn't contain kph warnings yet as I when I did this I wasn't planning on it becoming public, lol. I've got the sounds from Michael and plan to incorporate them into my mods for completeness but it's not done yet. Currently using my data.zip the warnings will say mph.

I never really noticed that about the screen shot, but it is funny. It's just the exit for the Honda factory and the crematorium so you Honda doesn't have to worry just yet, lol.

Okay i will keep track of this thread then. And wait for the changed data file for km/h.

I have speed warnings installed, but the sound is always off because of that stupid barking dog.

Speed warnings are a standard feature in the Netherlands F-series. You even get a 1 year free subscription to download speedwarnings.

Ok cool.. I was just going to try to back out the mod.. and see if that fixes it.. Does 256 work?

yeah, should work. I remember reading about this problem, and it wasnt the mods that was the problem its the bypass mod. 128 or whatever was the speed you changed to trick the system, but thats in kmph.. if you convert that to mph that is around 60 so miles an hour... you see? so you gotta rise up the number to trick the unit at a faster speed, im pretty sure. dont quote me... and I did the hardware bypass which is much more awesome.

Ok so I pulled the mod out and it didn't reboot at higher speeds but the "cursor" went all the way up the map with out being centered... wierd.. then locked at the end of the screen.. I hit the map button and it recentered.. I will try doing 256 with the Matt mod and see what happens.. Thanks Superman!

Okay i will keep track of this thread then. And wait for the changed data file for km/h.

I have speed warnings installed, but the sound is always off because of that stupid barking dog.

Speed warnings are a standard feature in the Netherlands F-series. You even get a 1 year free subscription to download speedwarnings.

hey you from holland too.. me too.. and i got the 1 year subscription also... And the barking dog is indeed very annoying.. But with another mod i'm using its another sound. But best would be the spoken sounds like this one.. so i will keep track of this one too.

Ok so changed it to 256 and still reboots with the mod.. Going to try the 256 without the mod.

Ok started from scratch new unit (the other one had a scratch on the screen from the factory and amazon replaced it) installed the 256 bypass only and no reboot which is good.. Going to add the GTImatt mod now (still love it by the way.. :D ) and going for a test drive.. The people at my work are like where the hell do you keep going.. .LOL

There is a lot of beautiful rows and rows of code, and on top of that, neatly organized and they follow a proper pattern too. Almost as if there was a grammer for the code or something, makes it easy to locate everything.

good call on the advmenu.ui because i didnt know there was more coded involved with that.

I know I keep saying this, but more things pop up and im excited to get this. 1 more question, I noticed that you changed the arrow of the car too, size and color. While the size is perfectly proportional now, where do i change the code for the color?

Im not positive if you touched or coded this part yet but the "current street box" on the very bottom where it is a dark background blue, do you know which one is that to change color?

ok for some reason it's the Mod.. I drove 82mph with no problem with the stock data.zip.. I then added the GTI and at 80 it rebooted.. Went back to stock data.zip and drove 80 no reboot.. Any ideas anyone?

I don't know what is going on here. I have driven well over 80 using this mod without any reboots but then I am not using the software bypass. I can't even think of anything in the mods that would trigger at 80.

There is a lot of beautiful rows and rows of code, and on top of that, neatly organized and they follow a proper pattern too. Almost as if there was a grammer for the code or something, makes it easy to locate everything.

good call on the advmenu.ui because i didnt know there was more coded involved with that.

I know I keep saying this, but more things pop up and im excited to get this. 1 more question, I noticed that you changed the arrow of the car too, size and color. While the size is perfectly proportional now, where do i change the code for the color?

Im not positive if you touched or coded this part yet but the "current street box" on the very bottom where it is a dark background blue, do you know which one is that to change color?

The colour of the arrow changed when I chose a different colour scheme. It's on my list of things to do to look at the colour schemes and how to change things but I haven't had a chance to yet but it must be somewhere in the color.ini file of the scheme I am using.

I think the current street box is 746_32K_OM-001_32b.bmp.

ok for some reason it's the Mod.. I drove 82mph with no problem with the stock data.zip.. I then added the GTI and at 80 it rebooted.. Went back to stock data.zip and drove 80 no reboot.. Any ideas anyone?

I don't know what is going on here. I have driven well over 80 using this mod without any reboots but then I am not using the software bypass. I can't even think of anything in the mods that would trigger at 80.

Could it be something in the mod having to do with MPH vs. KPH? not sure? sucks cause I love the mod!

The km/h data zip file with sped warnings, is that the data file wich matt just uploaded?? So with the next direction button. When you tab you can put in new destination. (whaaa i love this feature)

I live in the Netherlands so much speed warnings to test :lol:

Sorry mate it's based on the original file he uploaded. Maybe if you ask GTIMatt nicely he might put that mod into the kph datazip for you.