AVIC411.com

How many of you enjoy/love your F-series?

Obviously there is plenty to read on this board regarding bugs/issues/etc with the F-series, but I'd be interested to hear from those who love the unit and why. Thanks ( i know this has been posted before, but thought it would be informative now that 2.0 has been out a while and is shipping with units).

I recently purchased two units at a great deal from 6ave and am looking forward to installing them. It's really bang for the buck here it seems, and I'm excited to try these out.

I really didn't see the need to spend $1400 on a kenwood with similar features... definitely out of my budget.

I have been using my 700BT for about a month now. So far it has been a great purchase!

Sure it has a few glitches but for $400 it is well worth it. I am sorry but I have not seen anything that would warrant paying $1000+ more for another unit. It better be made of gold for that price!

Start up is only about 30 seconds to start playing the last selected input and a min or so for full boot.

Not really bad at all. GPS takes a min to kick in/get a fix, but again, no biggie to me.

Navigation works well. I have it all hacked and have(I mean would like to get) the 2008.4 maps installed. :)

House numbers are very accurate at times and other times way off :)

I don't have a VSS wire and went through a tunnel and it kept tracking guessing my current speed.

Bluetooth with my phone works good most of the time. I have Treo 755P.

I have had it not seem to connect a few times when I called out but this honestly could have been my phone.

I had a few issues with my phone and did a backup/restore with it and so far things have been great!

The phone book only seemed to transfer about 10 entries. The cool thing was most were the ones I wanted I used the phone book app anyway to clean the entries up. I honestly don't want all my contacts there anyway, only the most called.

The sound quality is fantastic! Very clear, loud and crisp in my SUV! I was actually really surprised and happy how clear the sound is. I am a drummer and very picky on sound!

Ipod works very well. A few glitches but overall I LOVE it!

There are missing features but they are minimal I guess. I wish the current now playing list could be displayed and we could touch on a different track. I wish the shuffle and repeat icons were click able to toggle them on/off on the fly.

VR works well overall. Again sometimes it thinks you said something else but it is still cool and the main reason I bought this thing!!!

I think it is a GREAT unit for the money! It is not perfect and has its glitches but damn a GPS/VR HU unit for $600 ($400 unit/ +$50 for HD/+$40 for steering wheel control and $40 for the Ipod adapter and all the shipping) So I got everything for under $600.

Yeah, I agree, for over $1000 for a unit (got my f90bt for $550) i'd want it made of gold -- i just couldn't justify that cost.

I have bluetooth and voice recognition in my Acura TL and I have the same issues from time to time.. bluetooth will occasionally lock up or not register the phone.. it make drop a call, etc. The voice recognition may be spot on some days and at others may not... so it's just the nature of the technology, and the nature of the connection with the phone. Some phones I've paired with my TL have been more reliable than others... it's just the technology.

I think some people don't get that bluetooth isn't a perfect technology, nor are all the features offered on these units. oh well

I have my F700 installed in a Pontiac Vibe for about 3 weeks now. I do like this unit.

The blue tooth with a Motorola V3 works great. It transferred the contacts fine except putting the last name first yet that is how it is listed in the phone so no big deal. The sound on both ends is very clear, and I am using the included mic. My wife says it sounds better then the Moto blue tooth I had in the car.

I installed a iPod about 1 week ago and I love it. The VR works great. The only thing I do not like is what has been discussed on this web site and that is the music does not pause when the phone rings or the GPS is directing. I hope this is addressed in a update.

My main complaint is the old maps. I have a TomTom 730 bought 1 year before I got the 700 and the TomTom has roads on it the this unit does not have. As for the routing it is OK. Does some things great and others not so great.

The install into the Vibe went fine. I did use a PAC OEM1 due to the factory amp. When I first turned things on the key beeps would run you out of the car and things started distorting at about 22 on the volume. After adjusting the OEM1 all works great now. The key beeps are not bad and things stay clear up to about 60 on the volume. I did not expect the 700 to sound any better then the factory stuff because I left the factory amp and speakers in the car. I was surprised and very happy that it does sound better.

For the unit and all the install stuff I spent just shy of 500.00. This was a very good upgrade and I am glad I did it. I have not taken any long road trips yet but I expect it to work great on one.

I installed mine a few days ago. Installation went very smoothly, and everything worked the first time I booted it up. It was extremely easy to apply the mods I wanted (Guga's image.res, Mavericksters data.zip). So far the bluetooth has been great, and I've had no issues with my LG Venus phone. When a call is ended music plays almost immediately. The voice recognition works well, though not perfect. I've learned not to rush the unit while it's still booting up, which doesn't take too long. The nav part works well and looks great. I've had a few qualms with how it routes me at times, but it'll get you there.

All in all, I love it. It's definitely NOT perfect, but it does it's job fairly well. I think my $545 was well spent :)