AVIC411.com

XM March 2009 Logo Update...D/N/F/Z series!

Here are the updated logo image packs for the March 2009 XM programming changes. Several people has sent me requests for information about sending donations. My paypal is vandal@racinginc.com. This is not a requirement as I will never charge money for these logo updates nor make conditions regarding their use.

Changes/Improvements:

- A change has been applied to how unused category entries in the IMAGETBL.DAT are treated that will hopefully address the problem of category logos not working correctly on the D/N series.

- Clear Channel is screwing around with the stations Xm is required to carry by pulling WLN-700 and National Lampoon and leaving channels 154 and 173 without a clearly defined channel name or broadcast. These are set to display a generic XM logo for now like in the channel guid PDF using the channel names "America's Talk" and "Talk Radio". Note that both of these names are duplicates of the actual "America's Talk" and "Talk Radio" channels. The station names of these channels have changed multiple times and may do so again.

- A Blue Collar Comedy logo has been manually restored to semi transparent state and a resized to make a better source logo for this channel as the one in the channel list PDF is too small. Although not %100 perfect it will be significant improvement in the appearance this logo on every AVIC series.

- Channel 123, CNN Headline news was renamed for a second time and is now CNN HLN

- Open Road, Channel 171 is now Road Dog Trucking

- Channels 135 and 98 (PRX and OutQ) now have logos.

- Channel 42, XMLM is now xl Metallica until April 14th and thus will have no logo

- Channel 156 was renamed to Oprah Radio

- New logo designs are now present on the 5 commercial music channels 11, 21, 22, 24, and 161.

Installing:

- You will need to know how to modify the media for your particular AVIC series. See the stickied posts in the hacks/mod forum related to your unit for details.

- Locate the folder containing the XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directory. On the Z series this the AV subdirectory of the SDAT volume. On the F series this was reported to be MyFlashDisk/DATA/XM. On the D/N series these folders are in the root directory of the 2 map DVDs.

- As always when doing such updates on the Z and F series be sure to make backups of your XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directories.

- Simply copy the files in the pack over any existing files for each directory (XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS).

First up is Z series. These have been fully tested on a Z3.

THIS UPDATE HAS BEEN REMOVED. THE NEWER UPDATE IS HERE:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26240&start=0

Vandal,

Thanks again for all that you do with this. I did notice that on my D3, the categories all have logos now, but not the intended ones. I did a quick check this morning and it looks like this:

Rock (icon works)

Christian (icon works)

Country (icon works)

Pop (icon works)

More Music (has Hip-Hop "Urban" logo)

Traffic/Weather (Urban)

Religion (Urban)

Entertainment (Urban)

Comedy (Urban)

Sports (Urban)

Talk/News (Urban)

Family & Health (Urban)

Classical (Urban)

Latin/World (Urban)

Dance/Electronic (Urban)

Jazz/Standards (Urban)

Hip-Hop/R&B (icon works)

So instead of the formerly missing logos there is now the Hip-Hop logo. All of the channel logos look great. Thanks again for the update.

MANY thanks to Vandal for this amazing update. I worked for XM for 6 years and it kills me to see channels with generic graphics. The only problem I was having with Vandal's update was that I was getting a light grey box around all the channel logos. I'm assuming the original files had a transparent background, but the transparency wasn't showing through on my unit. My OCD was kicking in strong so it prompted me to add the dark grey background on the XMDPS files as well as the black background on the XMLPS files (giving the appearance of a transparent background). I zipped up the files and uploaded them if anyone else is interested. I also added the red "XL" logo on the appropriate channels and changed parts of the black graphics to a medium grey so you can see the logo (performed only where appropriate). This was a modification of the F Series mod.

The files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.ijoat.com/stuff/XMDPS.zip

http://www.ijoat.com/stuff/XMLPS.zip

Thanks again Vandal!

MANY thanks to Vandal for this amazing update. I worked for XM for 6 years and it kills me to see channels with generic graphics. The only problem I was having with Vandal's update was that I was getting a light grey box around all the channel logos. I'm assuming the original files had a transparent background, but the transparency wasn't showing through on my unit. My OCD was kicking in strong so it prompted me to add the dark grey background on the XMDPS files as well as the black background on the XMLPS files (giving the appearance of a transparent background). I zipped up the files and uploaded them if anyone else is interested. I also added the red "XL" logo on the appropriate channels and changed parts of the black graphics to a medium grey so you can see the logo (performed only where appropriate). This was a modification of the F Series mod.

The files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.ijoat.com/stuff/XMDPS.zip

http://www.ijoat.com/stuff/XMLPS.zip

Thanks again Vandal!

I was waiting to hear from you about if the grey background shows on the original Pioneer logos so i can address this in the logo generator as either a bug or a feature and finally post the thing. I found the old F series screen shots on here and the original Pioneer logos do show the grey background so I will add this capability as a feature for the F series and finally post the thing this week.

When the next logo pack comes up, a corresponding updated logo generator will be posted as well which anyone can use to re-generator the logos with you alternate background. This will save you quite a bit of time and hassle as the generator can spit out out the 400+ logo files for one series in under 10 seconds.

You say you worked at XM for six years...do you happen to know the official name non-public ID number assigned to each XM channel?

Vandal,

Thanks again for all that you do with this. I did notice that on my D3, the categories all have logos now, but not the intended ones. I did a quick check this morning and it looks like this:

Rock (icon works)

Christian (icon works)

Country (icon works)

Pop (icon works)

More Music (has Hip-Hop "Urban" logo)

Traffic/Weather (Urban)

Religion (Urban)

Entertainment (Urban)

Comedy (Urban)

Sports (Urban)

Talk/News (Urban)

Family & Health (Urban)

Classical (Urban)

Latin/World (Urban)

Dance/Electronic (Urban)

Jazz/Standards (Urban)

Hip-Hop/R&B (icon works)

So instead of the formerly missing logos there is now the Hip-Hop logo. All of the channel logos look great. Thanks again for the update.

At least "something" is working correctly which is a start. Figures thats the D/N series would be the one to cause the hassle since it is the most diffiult to update to test any changes. I'm going keep trying to figure out what the problem is.

I was waiting to hear from you about if the grey background shows on the original Pioneer logos so i can address this in the logo generator as either a bug or a feature and finally post the thing. I found the old F series screen shots on here and the original Pioneer logos do show the grey background so I will add this capability as a feature for the F series and finally post the thing this week.

When the next logo pack comes up, a corresponding updated logo generator will be posted as well which anyone can use to re-generator the logos with you alternate background. This will save you quite a bit of time and hassle as the generator can spit out out the 400+ logo files for one series in under 10 seconds.

You say you worked at XM for six years...do you happen to know the official name non-public ID number assigned to each XM channel?

Sorry Vandel, I worked on the marketing side so I wouldn't know the answer to your question. A true transparent background wouldn't work on some of the logos because several of them have a lot of black in them (black on black would not show). I did notice that black on the dark grey (on the XMDPS graphics) is fine because the grey actually lightens up quite a bit on the screen (if you have the brightness turned up all the way). But I had to change the black logos on the XMLPS in order for them to show up on the black background. I was going to wait for your logo generator to come out, but like I said... my OCD was kicking in strong and I couldn't wait. ;-) Now hopefully SIRIUS XM leaves the channel lineup alone for a while.

How can I do this on the Z3? I recently got my Z3 with xm and really want to update the logos. I looked on the hacks thread of the z series for instructions but I can't find anything. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

The first requirement is that you need to unlock your drive if it's not already unlocked. (See the sticky posts in Z series hacks forum).

Once you have an unlocked drive, and you are able to access the files on it via a PC you can install Vandal's update.

Installing:

- Locate the folder containing the XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directory. On the Z series this is the AV subdirectory of the SDAT volume.

- Be sure to make backups of your XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directories.

- Simply copy the files in the pack over any existing files for each directory (XMCAT, XMDAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS).