AVIC411.com

XM March 2009 Logo Update...D/N/F/Z series!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you guys know...

YOU ROCK!!!

This has been driving me nuts ever since they merged. It took me a while to find this forum and I am glad I did. This worked like a charm and now I can look at my display again with all the nice logos. Keep up the good work. It is appreciated.

I can't for the life of me figure out why these new files just won't take on my F900bt.

I have modded it, have new POI icons and the system is just perfect, except for this one XM thing that is driving my OCD up the wall. I have tried putting the files in a bunch of different directories but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

Per XMFan, there are new channel logos:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=102343

Looks like its time for another update. I'm going to start on these next week.

What's the status on this 'other' update? I was gonna update my 2 90BT's but figured I'd wait with this hint of an improvement!

March is still the latest update, while XM has some slightly newer logos for 9 or so channels. There hasn't been any changes to the channel linup itself, so you should get logos for all the channels that don't change names.

Unfortunately I've been too tied up with overtime work to get another update out at the moment. I've also ran into a problem with pulling the logos from the newest PDF. It seems XM may have someone new working on it as it has been made a real mess internally. Inkscape won't import the latest channels list PDF correctly and many images come up missing or damaged. I'm trying to find a way to resolve this.

I can't for the life of me figure out why these new files just won't take on my F900bt.

I have modded it, have new POI icons and the system is just perfect, except for this one XM thing that is driving my OCD up the wall. I have tried putting the files in a bunch of different directories but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

The updated files have to be placed in the exact locations. You can't just drop them anywhere and expect the AVIC to somehow figure out where they are. The AVIC program is hard coded to read the XM image table and logo/category images files from fixed specific locations.

Logos are driven by files in four directories named XMDAT, XMCAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS. These four subdirectories should be in the DATA\XM directory of the AVIC drive. The logo update has files in the same four above named directories. The files in the 4 directories of the logo update should be copied on top of the existing files in the same corresponding directory on the AVIC.

Thus the files in the logo update XMDAT directory should be copied to the DATA\XM\XMDAT directory on the AVIC drive, the files in the logo update XMCAT directory should be copied to the DATA\XM\XMCAT directory on the AVIC drive..and so on for the file in XMLPS and XMDPS.

Do not delete the existing XMDAT, XMCAT, XMLPS, and XMDPS directories on the AVIC. Deleting these can likely break the whole thing as there other existing files that are required and not replaced by the logo update, in particular the XMDAT directory, which has some kind of versioning file.

Thanks a bunch. That was it, just had it in the wrong directory. I knew the AVIC wouldn't just figure out where to put the files (how cool would that be?) but I just happened to put them in the wrong directory. A quick cut and paste and voila! I have radio icons. Thanks again for the much valued support!

I just want to say thanks. It's a nice option to have all the logos show up. The system has all this potential, yet stupid little things like this aren't taken care of by Pioneer. Thanks for making my unit more enjoyable by doing what it's suppose to do. Thanks again.

Harvey Gordon