AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi 34by151 just have a question about the first update you made. I've just bought a new Australian Version AVIC F900BT with V2 all ready on it. I've downloaded the 3 files you've first provided and found the test mode file to let me into the windows section. I deleted the sound files to get rid of the beep which works fine but I can't find the files "My Flash Disk\Update\APL2\iGo\CONTENT" and "My Flash Disk\Update\APL2\iGo\LICENSE" I dont have anything with "update" in it i.e i have found "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\CONTENT" and "My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\LICENSE" which I added ".bak" too as instructed

But I don't quite understand this section (listed below) as I don't have anything saying SD Card\Update, and if I try to copy the first update file you provided from the storage card to the flash disk it says it's too big and will only replace some files until storage is full.

8. Copy The directories below SD Card\Update to "My Flash Disk". When asked say yes to overwriting files. Copies of the overwritten Files are contained in this release. The Main Files overwritten are DATA.ZIP EZRIDER.EXE and SYS.TXT copies of the original files will be copied to you flash drive as DATA.BAK, EZRIDER.BAK and STS.BAK These are the files from The V2.0 Firmware update

Many Thanks Glen

• 1 month later...

to all the australian F900BT owners. I'm about to install my aussie F900BT as well, and was going to do the full hardware bypass(move the mute pin, ground both mute and parking brake wires) when I saw on one of the bypass threads that the EU units don't need the moving of the mute pin, and grounding of the mute wire(which is definitely needed on the US units otherwise they get the warning msg), and is actually detrimental ie. will drain the battery faster. I just saw on this post that the aussie version is identical to the EU version so now I'm not sure whether I should do the full hardware bypass or just ground the parking brake. I tend to leave my car sitting for maybe a week at a time, so wanted to be sure.

Can anyone with an aussie F900BT confirm if the whole mute wire business is required for ours?

BTW, I love the work on the aussie specific stuff, I'm looking forward to trying the mods out, and hopefully seeing if I can contribute any of my own, being a techie geek. thanks to all the contributers!

I must admit I've considered it but I don't have the time. Pioneer are releasing updated maps in August so most are waiting for that to see if it comes with an official Aussie 3.0 update. If you are going to update yourself I would suggest using the European version. The US units differ with hardware and don't support TMC (SUNA).

I really think the US owners have jumped on the update because they are all being charged for the update inc 8.3 maps. I've sent away for the free map upgrade (see pioneers website) but I'm aware that as yet there are no IGO8.3 maps for Australia so we may end up stuck on IGO8.0. Also pioneer told me that the new map update was Sensis 15.1 when I emailed them a few months ago. Those maps are nearly a year old themselves.

Only time will tell I suppose. If anyone does update an Aussie unit can they post here to let us know how you get on. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone from sydney got the SUNA traffic updates working??

i emailed pioneer australia and also SUNA traffic and they said that i need to wait until V3 maps comes out in august 2009 and i couldnt exactly say ive already got it, considering it hasnt been "officialy" and "legally" released....but in this thread it says it should come with it, and sydney as well as brisbane's SUNA traffic got launched a few months ago so it should be working!

anyone?

has anyone from sydney got the SUNA traffic updates working??

As far as I'm aware SUNA works in Melbourne (since Sensis V14) but not in Sydney & Brisbane because we need Sensis V15.1 and also a new key to receive the encrypted signal in these cities. I have installed the updates and have 15.1 maps but SUNA has never worked in Brisbane. I think we are going to have to wait until the new map updates get delivered so that we can get our hands on the key.

FYI I haven't received my map upgrade yet. I did ask Pioneer months ago what version the maps would be and they said Sensis 15.1 which is what Australian Map Update on this thread installs, so I don't know what is taking so long to upgrade us to outdated maps. We shall just have to wait and see.

Also we haven't had an update since 2.0 (the EW units are on 2.09 and use the same hardware). The US units are getting IGO 8.3 but there aren't any maps for 8.3 in Australia yet. Maybe this release will change all that, or maybe we will just be disappointed.

Just ground the park wire, that is all the AUS ver. needs. Works for my f900bt. No pin magic, no software changes... :)

thanks mate! Did just that and works fine :) Now I'm looking into a way of turning the unit on when I trigger the unlock on my car, rather than when I actually start up the car, so that when I actually start driving, everything's up and running. Thinking some sort of relay linked to an appropriate circuit somewhere as well as the actual ignition wire will do.

Then, more mods!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just FYI, they added another update to the Australian Pioneer website for the F900BT, was a file called: LPUE080.zip... which is different from the V2.0 update.

When I enquired with Pioneer as to what this was for, they said that this was the next firmware update for the unit. When I checked out the file, seems that the Windows CE image had been updated, and maybe some other stuff, so this may contain parts of the 3.0 update.

Also, I asked about the mapping update that was due to come out in Aug, and their reply was "The mapping update has been delayed slightly. Pioneer expect to be able to release the mapping pdate by the end of September."

Just FYI, they added another update to the Australian Pioneer website for the F900BT, was a file called: LPUE080.zip... which is different from the V2.0 update.

When I enquired with Pioneer as to what this was for, they said that this was the next firmware update for the unit. When I checked out the file, seems that the Windows CE image had been updated, and maybe some other stuff, so this may contain parts of the 3.0 update.

Also, I asked about the mapping update that was due to come out in Aug, and their reply was "The mapping update has been delayed slightly. Pioneer expect to be able to release the mapping pdate by the end of September."

oh cool so you've actually updated it and it says V3 and everything?

oh cool so you've actually updated it and it says V3 and everything?

Nope. It Seems to be an update to 2.009? No sign of 3.0 for us Aussies yet then. There is no information on Pioneers website about the update and mine is running okay at the moment so I'm not sure if I want to play with it before the maps arrive.

Info as per the download

[2008 Navigation Application Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F500BT/F700BT/F900BT

20090716 10:30

Release File : APL

Release Version : 2.009000 20090716

[2009 Navigation Platform Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F700BT/AVIC-F900BT

Tue. Jul. 14 12:55:49 2009

Release File : PLT

Release Version : 6.1.7.5

According to these html files in the update the APL is a 2008 release for APL? Strange.

I emailed pioneer asking if there are any updates for my F900BT because I know the 2.0 version on their site is very outdated. They didn't reply but then this appeared. I've found the service at Pionner Australia to be very bad. There website is outdated, the support for the unit is pretty dismal and we pay double what the american's pay for the unit and get less. I doubt if I will buy another one.