AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope not.

I just got my unit updated to version 3.020100.

Now I need to do something about the basemap 2007.07, Sensis R15.1 and Map version 02.000500.

I have downloaded some file from 4Share but seem to have 2 Testmode files (testmode and Testmode 2) on the flashcard with other folders being:

APL2,

Backup,

Lang_English-us,

My Flash Disk and

Update.

SpeedCam updates are files, not directories/folders.

Does that look right? :?

Just a quick thanks here. I finally got some time to fool around with my unit last weekend, so got the latest maps(R17) and the skin(Update2b) and whacked both on. Have to say that this is miles better than the Pioneer stock standard!!

Even my gf(who doesn't touch my head unit too much other than to put in the address on the GPS) just playing around with it said that it seemed substantially more featured than what I had there before, and I would have to agree.

Hey there guys, newbie registered but ive been doing a fair bit of reading before I registered....just have a question or 2

Im in Australia, just bought a US model F700bt.

I plan on using the FX3.1 firmware on it just want to confirm that it will work properly, along with the V3Update03 parts 1 and 2 files...I've downloaded all the files i need, along with the Update02b files for the skin.....havent installed them yet because i wanted to confirm that I had everything i needed to get this underway

and that i just follow the instructions and copy over 3.1 files, use the autoinstaller for the maps v3update03 files and then copy over the update02b files

and that this will give me 3.1 firmware, with the Australian maps and updated skin etc.

do i need to download the speedcamera or poi update files as well or will the above do it?

I know questions like this have been asked, but just wanted to confirm for my situation! thanks heaps

After using the new skin/mod for a couple of weeks now, I think I've managed to figure out most of the options. One option that I've been looking for(and may well not exist) is on the voice guidance. Everytime the GPS triggers new voice instructions eg. "turn left", before the actual instruction is said, there is a "ding!" sound like a bell. I don't remember it being in the unmodded version but that could be due to bad memory....

Is there anyway to turn this "ding" sound off? I've gone through all the menus but cant find it an option which seems to address it.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, I know this thread has died off but if anyone is reading this can you help with this small question. I just received the official CNSD-250FM SD upgrade cards as a gift and I'm trying to figure out if I need this or not. Basically, I'm not sure whats actually in it. It does say v16.2 Whereis and 'upgraded navigation features'. The latter im interested in. Does anyone know if this has the 4.0 firmware? Also, if its the latest SD update, how come it only comes with V16.2 maps? I have R17 maps on mine (what is the diff between R and V anyway?) already so it seems a little strange. Thanks so much for any help!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...