AVIC411.com

"GPS Signal Lost" with Maverickster's mods

Since I have installed Maverickster's mods (bigger clock, mute button for navigation, etc.) I am receiving the message "GPS Signal Lost" on my 2 mile commute to and from the train station.

I like the mods, I have received the following problems since the update:

1) Hearing the waring "GPS Signal Loss" in areas that I never had an issue with.

2) The next turn indicator in the green block of the upper left of the map screen is sometimes blank after a route has been entered.

3) Sluggish button response in general.

I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I restored my data.zip file.

For the record, I'm not having these problems either. I monitor that thread from time to time and the only one of those three bugs that has been reported before is "generally sluggish", but I haven't really experienced that either. You're the first (of probably lots of folks by this point) to experience the other two (to my knowledge anyway), so I'm guessing there's something else going on there.

--Mav

I had some time today to mess with the Avic. I realized that I was not getting a GPS signal at all. I checked the plug and it was in so I moved around the antenna to the top of the unit and uninstalled the mods and it seems to be working much better.

I am not thinking it was placement as I only had these problems once I installed the mods but who knows.