AVIC411.com

Avic – N5 – Question about the flip screen?

Hi,

I am looking on adding a flip up navigation to my wifes 2009 Honda Odyssey. I believe I found the right location for it (that it will fit). I would put it in the obvious stock location but if I remove the stock radio, I will loose the ability to use the stock DVD player in the rear. My solution (possibly) is to put the N5 in another location on the van.

My question is how far forward does the N5 go out before it tilts up? Is the forward (not the tilt) motion adjustable? Hrmmm, before the unit starts to tilt up, it slides forward – this is the motion I am talking about. I have some limitations in space & I am curious if this will work, or if I can figure a way to make it work.

Thanks,

Rich

Setting the slide back function

You can adjust the LCD panel slide position to

prevent the display from hitting things... (while the screen is out, it also comes in and out as in tilt up, down, in, out.. i say it comes out about 2-3 inches

Hi,

My Odyssey does not have the navigation but I am looking to put the N5 on the bottom of this image:

5FNRL389X9B047277-9.jpg

It has a slight lip over it, so I am trying to figure if the N5 would fit properly or if the LCD would hit the lip. My van doesnt have that radio as I dont have navi, i have a pocket.

Honda sells this part - that allows a single din radio to be installed in that location.

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII40228.pdf

Please note the part that says "trim" thats where the radio would fit.

Now, I am not sure if the replacement trim puts the 'tape player' in that same location or if it sticks out a bit.

Any ideas if using that Honda part & the N5 would work?

Thanks,

Rich

Setting the slide back function

You can adjust the LCD panel slide position to

prevent the display from hitting things... (while the screen is out, it also comes in and out as in tilt up, down, in, out.. i say it comes out about 2-3 inches

I get the tilt up & down, but what do you mean by in & out?

Tilt up & down mean the screen can tilt forward or backwards. Whats the slide position of in & out? Is that what I am looking for?

yea i think so.... i have mine n a chrysler 300 07model... do u have email i can take u two picture of my install.. one wit the screen forward and one wit it back...(screen will still b out on both pictures...) or i can try to c how to add a pic on here,,, im still new to this site,,,

• 2 weeks later...