AVIC411.com

Wiki added by popular demand!

Sweet! I noticed that some of the code samples in the software mods sections are in blockquotes, but the line breaks aren't being turned into "

"s in the browser. This might break cut-and-paste, since it looks like one long line... I added some

tags to the "Tap Compass to Cancel Route" page as a suggested way to post code, since the  WikiMedia tags didn't seem to work for the page for some reason.  Just something for the mod owners to keep in mind when you're updating a page with your code.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I saw this and think it's going to be an excellent tool. I've started working on improving some pages and lists, starting with the Software Mods section.

I've done a new writeup on how to enter Test Mode, with illustrations, which should help out with people trying to figure it out. I'll be working more on this, getting some more pictures up and working on updating the software mods list to better reflect what's out there.

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/EnteringTestMode

As a new member to the site, but not to forums, I know the importance of reading up before posting. I just wanted to say Thank You for giving us newbies a great jumping off point! I really think that this will help me tremendously in the near future!!

Keep up the good work!

How do I change the title of a page in the Wiki and retain the link to the old page?

For example, the page for "Remove Clock" is really a page to remove the clock and the map scale... but if I change the text to "Remove Clock and/or Map Scale" the link breaks...

How do I change the title of a page in the Wiki and retain the link to the old page?

For example, the page for "Remove Clock" is really a page to remove the clock and the map scale... but if I change the text to "Remove Clock and/or Map Scale" the link breaks...

If you link like this:

[www.url.com This Title Will Appear]

you'll see "This Title Will Appear" on the wiki, but the link will be to http://www.url.com

alternately, you could just copy/paste the contents of the old page into a new page with the new title that you want

• 2 weeks later...