AVIC411.com

AVH-P4100DVD & iPod Video

i got my guy to fix this problem today.

not really to sure of how he did it, but he held down the source button, the it turned off. then he taped the screen at pressed the top right corner where it say av menu. then intel set up. make sure you aux is set to ipod. that help me.

now my question is, how do you hook up an xbox to the back? if you could just tell me when the red, white, and yellow rcas go. that would be great!

I'm not sure if this is correct, but here's what I just did to get the iPod to play videos on the screen:

I went to the "ipod" source, I hit "menu" on the wheel, I chose video in the top right corner, went through the menus to find and select a video, then it looks like it's playing (but no sound or image), I then switch the source to AUX 1 and a "still" image of the image of the video is there, I then push the puse/play button on the ipod and everything starts going.

This seems awfully involved just to play the video, but it's working (I guess).

Does anyone else have this issue and is this how you do it too?

Thanks,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a ton of posts about the iPod video out problems. It seems as if updating your iPod with a new firmware version is the culprit. You can back load old firmware to fix the problem but I have read where people have had a lot of problems when they do it. I bought an iPod to rca cable and ran that to the back of the head unit. Now I can watch video through the iPod via the AV source. Video and sound are great. To listen to music and control the iPod I just unhook it from the rca cable and plug it into the usb cable and select iPod as the source. This is the best option out there in my opinion.

• 3 months later...
i got my guy to fix this problem today.

not really to sure of how he did it, but he held down the source button, the it turned off. then he taped the screen at pressed the top right corner where it say av menu. then intel set up. make sure you aux is set to ipod. that help me.

now my question is, how do you hook up an xbox to the back? if you could just tell me when the red, white, and yellow rcas go. that would be great!

After a couple hours of trying to figure out why I had no video, this is the solution that helped me. Thanks for posting this ampboy41.

I too was getting no video on the iPod source, and the still image on AUX-1 with a 6th gen iPod (160GB). Also could play video through AUX-1 with a 5.5 gen iPod by pressing play on the iPod when the still image appeared, but no other control from the iPod itself worked. Some people have mentioned renaming AUX-1 to iPod, but that does nothing. The unit has to be off to access the initial menu, and there you can set AUX-1 for iPod, which will grey out AUX-1 on the source selection screen. I'm using the CD-IU200V cable (without the mini plug).