AVIC411.com

AVH-P4100DVD & iPod Video

Been testing out an AVH-P4100DVD for a week now. I have everything working great except for ipod video. I am trying both a nano 3g and an itouch 2g. Trying both .mp4 & .m4v formats with no luck. I have video working on DVD source and Xvid on DVD-R. I am also using the CD-IU200V as directed by Pioneer and have all settings correct for playing ipod video from the manual. I have converted video to multiple ipod formats with many different resolutions. Anyone have any ideas or similar problems with this source unit or similar? I am hoping to hear from some AVIC-900 or 90BT owners as I am close to shipping this thing back and swapping to the 90BT. Just worried about the long load time complaints.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. I just had a avh-p4100dvd installed also with the cd-iu200v iPod cable. I changed the AUX to iPod as stated above, but I am not getting video, only sound from my iPhone 3G. I also tried the iPod 4G and there is no sound or video. Video plays on the iPod/iPhone, but not the deck. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to remove the backgroun from the ipod source in order for you video to play, i just hit the reset button on mine and then went to AV menu+initial menu+aux1-IPOD+aux2-off then go to ipod av menu and select video. this sould work fine. i was having trouble with it too but finally figured it out!!!!!!!! hope everyone can get it to work as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD for 2 days now and had a similar problem with playing video from my iPhone 3GS. I originally linked mine up using the generic ipod USB lead and a standard 3.5MM audio jack from the back of the unit to my iPhone. With this setup i could only manage to hear sound from my iPhone movies with a blank screen. I then bought a genuine Pioneer CD-IU200V lead and now i can get video. Its the smaller jack part on that lead (looks like an audio jack) thats sending the picture to Pioneer headunit. The lead DOES need to be put direct in to the back of the unit and not run with and extension leads.

So for those that cant get video, your either using standard usb\audio cables like i tried or your not using the genuine Pioneer lead. Also dont trust ebay for the CD-IU200V leads as you dont know if there the real deal or not.

Got mine here for £24.49

http://www.bassjunkies.com/search-cd-iu200v-select

My only complaint now, is that iam getting a very slight audio delay when streaming from my iPhone to the PIoneer headunit, lip movement isnt matching up to the audio perfectly. I'll look into to solving that next.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello any updates on this issue??? I too have the p4100dvd with the CD-IU200V cable . When I play a video such as youtube on my iphone, I can hear it on the ipod input and see it on the AUX1 input but never both. When I go to initial setup and set AUX1 to ipod, the AUX1 source in my source menu is disabled. Im not sure if anyone has a fix for this. Please let me know.