AVIC411.com

Given the same basic tools, one person can expose the statue hidden inside the rock, and the other can smash his thumb and blame the hammer.

There is enough knowledge posted here by perhaps a few dozen contributors to make your Avic sing, and enough misinformation spread by a few thousand posters to totally brick it.

Take the time to READ and fully understand before attempting any mods or leave it STOCK. If you don't take the time to do it right, then don't expect others to waste their time fixing the problems you created.

I know now that I made my mod too easy to install and lured in users who don't even know how to work a desktop PC let alone apply mods to a carputer. They'd be better off being intimidated by the modding process and leave it stock.

Peace out.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To avoid the confusion:

The zip files that Cmh928 has provided contains the DATA.ZIP, the Sound files, the Speedcam files, the 3D Building files, the SYS.txt, the Image.res, and all the other mods listed.

All of these files are installed in the MiTACAP folder.

So to quote the original post:

Cmh928 says,

"With any luck, it will only require the user to unzip 2 folders to SD card, insert card, turn on the key, wait for copying to end, remove card, and reboot."

I was confused when downloading the zxip to only see the testmode and MiTACAP folders and a readme, so I wanted to post this to augment what Cmh928 already said.

Big thanks to Cmh928 for making this so easy, my 4 y/o can do it.

Ok now i will have to watch your threard, IDT thread, Boris thread and GTIMatt thread. I think pioneer should hire you guys and fire their crew. I will test out your new mod. It sounds great. I have a couple of questions that might save me time and running out to my car back and forth, otherwise i will have to ExamDiff. After reading through GTI's threads and Boris progress report thread, I just wanted to know if you have incorporated these items

Boris' -

1. setting_800_480.ui and setting.ui. - Building Visibility, etc.

2. poi*.ui files so you can search POI by address

3. route.ui and route_800_480.ui - Route settings allow turning "snap to road" on and off and Route settings allow changing vehicle type (care, pedestrian, truck, taxi, bus, bicycle, emergency) - 700-90 models only right now.

4. place.ui and place_800_480.ui files - lets you add new or edit existing cameras

5. model_variables.ui - some speedcam settings

6. speedcam.ui files - which i assume you have even modified it further than Boris in order to get the voices, etc.to work

Thanks, just trying to save myself some time if i could

Ok now i will have to watch your threard, IDT thread, Boris thread and GTIMatt thread. I think pioneer should hire you guys and fire their crew. I will test out your new mod. It sounds great. I have a couple of questions that might save me time and running out to my car back and forth, otherwise i will have to ExamDiff. After reading through GTI's threads and Boris progress report thread, I just wanted to know if you have incorporated these items

Boris' -

1. setting_800_480.ui and setting.ui. - Building Visibility, etc.

2. poi*.ui files so you can search POI by address

3. route.ui and route_800_480.ui - Route settings allow turning "snap to road" on and off and Route settings allow changing vehicle type (care, pedestrian, truck, taxi, bus, bicycle, emergency) - 700-90 models only right now.

4. place.ui and place_800_480.ui files - lets you add new or edit existing cameras

5. model_variables.ui - some speedcam settings

6. speedcam.ui files - which i assume you have even modified it further than Boris in order to get the voices, etc.to work

Thanks, just trying to save myself some time if i could

Look at the pix on the FTP and all your questions will be answered.

Also, you know what would be awesome if we can do for the newbies, if we can get this to copy all the new maps the 2008 maps without having to copy them yourself individually.

That would surely cause this FTP to fall to the same fate as the last one.

sorry one more question. what is the msn mod. is this something that we have to subscribe to in order to use it. I am not sure what this is and i am trying to decide whether to use he MSN data file or NOMSN data file?

Thanks

MSN Direct is only available in the US and only on F90, F900 and F500. It is a pay service ($50/year) after the 3 month free trial. If you never activated it, then I suggest you try it out. Call the 800 number shown on the Avic's screen and read off the 25 digit code to them. I use it for movie listings and gas prices mainly. It is very accurate at least in CMH. It also shows road construction and accidents along with local and worldwide weather.

Great!

Ya know, you sure would have saved me a buttload of time if I had just waited for this :( Great work!!

One thing you might try and that I found handy, I have made my clock clickable which starts route recording and changes colors when active/not active. This was taken from Matt's orig. version. I also gave the fonts my twist and added "Digi-ds" and made them digital with larger glowsize and different colors (hex value changed to whatever ) to match my own Toyota dash illumination.

Great work again!!!

Bud

Great!

Ya know, you sure would have saved me a buttload of time if I had just waited for this :( Great work!!

One thing you might try and that I found handy, I have made my clock clickable which starts route recording and changes colors when active/not active. This was taken from Matt's orig. version. I also gave the fonts my twist and added "Digi-ds" and made them digital with larger glowsize and different colors (hex value changed to whatever ) to match my own Toyota dash illumination.

Great work again!!!

Bud

Read the !Readme! and all the icon presses are explained. The clock brings up traffic events. I made this file for ME and the features I use most. Track recording isn't one of them. Feel free to mod away!

I didn't do any custom fonts as I have read FAR too many posts from newbies of "Your file crashed my unit!" and don't need the grief. The all-in-one does install ds-digi as well as transportm fonts just in case they later add GTIMatt's or IDT's file. I do like the look of the EU speed limit using the custom font, but not enough to risk getting PM's about it not working.