AVIC411.com

Hi,

I really want to try Cmh's Mod but before I do it, is there ANYTHING I need to worry about?? Are there any glitches in this mod that would affect audio / video / GPS Navigation? I ask because sometimes I use the navigation for very critical tasks since I am not from around here so its vital to me that it works 100%.

Just wondering before I do this or do I have a "green light" to go ahead and do it from you guys?!

Thanks,

Mo

there's nothing wrong with the mod, but if you're not comfortable with what you're doing then i think it's better to hold off for a while til you get back home,

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the same thing happen on my F90bt. But what I have noticed is it only happens when I start my car in the underground garage at work. Then I select a destination and then route. Music still plays but it reboots.

Today I let it stay on for almost a minute. Looked to make sure all sats were green, then did the route and no reboot.

My unit is the same way if you try to route before you have GPS signal. It was that way before any mods. Thankfully it normally has signal before it is even done booting unless the weather sucks or I'm in an urban canyon.

i made another round of mods tonight and will post all the new files tomorrow. Clock is now red and slightly revised font. Compass now calls a Day/Night mode toggle when pushed. (thanks for the idea IDT, though I made my own script). The Day/Night defaults back to Auto or whatever mode is set in NaviSettings on the next reboot. I moved the RoadList button to be the Next Streetname box at the top. I played with fonts and locations of CurrentStreet, Speedlimit signs and TurnRestrictions, as well.

I'm still modding Samantha as well. You can change some of her key phrases in info.ini inside of her zip file, but there is no way to just toggle them from serious to humorous.

Hm, I have just installed cmh ver 4.5.09 and notice the self-restart when selecting a route soon after boot up. This just happened with the new version. I have had using the old version and didn't have this issue.

Another problem with mine F500BT is that there is no voice at all. I vaguely remember having similar problem with another MOD file and I think I had to change one line in the SYS.txt?

[device]

type="PIONEER746UC"

But I have no idea what I should change it into. Any clue??

Hm, I have just installed cmh ver 4.5.09 and notice the self-restart when selecting a route soon after boot up. This just happened with the new version. I have had using the old version and didn't have this issue.

Another problem with mine F500BT is that there is no voice at all. I vaguely remember having similar problem with another MOD file and I think I had to change one line in the SYS.txt?

[device]

type="PIONEER746UC"

But I have no idea what I should change it into. Any clue??

I have no F500 to test on, but I know it is a PIONEER749UC (USA/Canada). Dumpystig is the master of all that is F500. :-)

GPS signal and MSN Direct are both slow to resume after you first install any mod from testmode. They get sent a hard reset command would be my guess. Just don't try to route until the GPS icon is green and you'll be fine.

Awesome, I think that was it. Thanks!! Great job btw with all the mod changes.... :mrgreen:

I have no F500 to test on, but I know it is a PIONEER749UC (USA/Canada). Dumpystig is the master of all that is F500. :-)

GPS signal and MSN Direct are both slow to resume after you first install any mod from testmode. They get sent a hard reset command would be my guess. Just don't try to route until the GPS icon is green and you'll be fine.

CMH, I'm a little hesitant to use your entire newbie file (even though I am one), because it seems to modify many things (I don't really care about schemes/colors/etc.) Can I juse download your data.zip file, put it onto an SD card with the testmode files, and overwrite my data.zip on the avic (F90BT)? Or does everything go hand in hand, and will I mess up some of the fuctions if I do that? Thanks.

Mike

did you remove the ability to click the route info box? it doesn't seem to work with your latest changes, just wondering cause i would like to put that back in. Your latest mod on 4-10-09 is giving me trouble. I cant edit the navigate 800_480.ui file to work with those changes. It keeps reboooting. I really wanted to have the option of turning off the 3d tilt feature and turn restriction. it looks like you are really busy with these changes but when you have time, is it possible for you to post the changes you made for that? thanks

CMH, I'm a little hesitant to use your entire newbie file (even though I am one), because it seems to modify many things (I don't really care about schemes/colors/etc.) Can I juse download your data.zip file, put it onto an SD card with the testmode files, and overwrite my data.zip on the avic (F90BT)? Or does everything go hand in hand, and will I mess up some of the fuctions if I do that? Thanks.

Mike

Just install the AIO. Schemes are installed but you still have to choose them or they just sit there. If you don't like the Guga menu theme, I posted earlier how to delete it.

Gnasr,

The RI box works as it did before. The differences in nm and nm8x4 are subtle at times. All the new layers not only need to be integrated, but also nested under the correct EXISTING scripts/layers, or placed outside of existing scripts/layers depending on the command.

I wish you guys would indicate that you are attempting to take BITS of my mod and modify your own versions. You scare the newbies when they see "It's rebooting" or "it doesn't work".

It is good to know the reboot on bootup with gps signal being week is normal. I think coming out of the garage at work with gps fully on but no signal requires me to wait at least 30 more seconds to get to to not reboot. Looking forward to your updates.

Mike

Just install the AIO. Schemes are installed but you still have to choose them or they just sit there. If you don't like the Guga menu theme, I posted earlier how to delete it.

OK, thanks. And to revert back to the old way, all I do is replace the data.zip, image.res, and sys.txt files, right?

Hey CMH i wanted to try your mod but i do not like the GUGA theme so i am not going to go with the AIO. So if i install you dats.zip and sys.txt will i need your image.res or could i use the AIO and just replace the image.res with mine. Thanks in advance

You could always just grab the AIO and delete that file from the SD card before you stick it in the avic.

It is under mitacap\apl\image.res

I figured that, but wanted to ask incase you coded something that was particular to your image.res. Thanks

And thanks again to you and all the others that have put in there time and energy for these great mods.

I have the same thing happen on my F90bt. But what I have noticed is it only happens when I start my car in the underground garage at work. Then I select a destination and then route. Music still plays but it reboots.

Today I let it stay on for almost a minute. Looked to make sure all sats were green, then did the route and no reboot.

My unit is the same way if you try to route before you have GPS signal. It was that way before any mods. Thankfully it normally has signal before it is even done booting unless the weather sucks or I'm in an urban canyon.

i made another round of mods tonight and will post all the new files tomorrow. Clock is now red and slightly revised font. Compass now calls a Day/Night mode toggle when pushed. (thanks for the idea IDT, though I made my own script). The Day/Night defaults back to Auto or whatever mode is set in NaviSettings on the next reboot. I moved the RoadList button to be the Next Streetname box at the top. I played with fonts and locations of CurrentStreet, Speedlimit signs and TurnRestrictions, as well.

I'm still modding Samantha as well. You can change some of her key phrases in info.ini inside of her zip file, but there is no way to just toggle them from serious to humorous.

are you also looking at adding the

- Added option to turn off showing the zoom/tilt buttons when clicking on the map in 3d mode to the custom menu

that GTIMatt put into his newest update, It gets really annoying to hit the wrong part of the screen and that f-ing zoom/tilt thing pops up. I'm still too noobish at this thing to try to add stuff like this myself to the files (i just put my f90 in on thurs) and you mod is GREAT!!! I love the fact that you have pulled the best parts of other mods in with your own and made it self installing so that there is no issue of me accidently putting something in the wrong place.

Gnasr,

The RI box works as it did before. The differences in nm and nm8x4 are subtle at times. All the new layers not only need to be integrated, but also nested under the correct EXISTING scripts/layers, or placed outside of existing scripts/layers depending on the command.

I wish you guys would indicate that you are attempting to take BITS of my mod and modify your own versions. You scare the newbies when they see "It's rebooting" or "it doesn't work".

Sorry you are right. For all the newbies, I am testing his mod without any modifications and it works great. No bugs that I see. I am attempting to modify his mod with some of my own changes. The RI box does work, i just had to reset it. I am going to attempt to start with your entire data.zip and paste my BMPs in then make the changes 1 by 1 and see where I am going wrong. Other than that this Newbie proof and runs excellent. By far the best mod.