AVIC411.com

Hi,

I really want to try Cmh's Mod but before I do it, is there ANYTHING I need to worry about?? Are there any glitches in this mod that would affect audio / video / GPS Navigation? I ask because sometimes I use the navigation for very critical tasks since I am not from around here so its vital to me that it works 100%.

Just wondering before I do this or do I have a "green light" to go ahead and do it from you guys?!

Thanks,

Mo

this mod rocks and is newbie proof just follow his instructions and make sure you backup your original file

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey cmh928, i need a little help. i finally figured out what the problem was when i modified your mod. I kept the elevation and current speed coding, but I cant use the speed limit code i have and i have to stick with yours. I am using your mod from 4-10-09 and i would like to move the speed limit sign to where i had it in the picture, that way i can use your code and still get what i am trying to do. I thought i only had to change the x and y values but i keep rebooting. any chance you could take a look. thanks for your help. this is what i previously had:

;Display Posted Speed Limit

;Display Elevation

;display current clocked speed

and this is what you have without showing the elevation and current speed code:

;<> Start

;<> End

CMH, I put your all in one mod on my F90BT, it works great, thanks a lot. One problem though, I can't see the clock the way mine is set in the dash. Is there anyway to move the clock to the upper right corner? Or how can I do it? I am new to this as I just got the F90 installed today and don't really know what I'm doing with the code modding and all. I did back up first thanks to the great directions on this site and your mod was automatic, very newbie friendly.

Any help on moving the clock?

CMH, I put your all in one mod on my F90BT, it works great, thanks a lot. One problem though, I can't see the clock the way mine is set in the dash. Is there anyway to move the clock to the upper right corner? Or how can I do it? I am new to this as I just got the F90 installed today and don't really know what I'm doing with the code modding and all. I did back up first thanks to the great directions on this site and your mod was automatic, very newbie friendly.

Any help on moving the clock?

Moving the clock is one of the easiest mods you can do. Finding a new place to put it where it doesn't interfere with something else might be a challenge. It is a button as well as a clock.

Read up on how to mod x,y values and how to enter Testmode to copy files. I doubt you'll find anyone willing to make your custom mods for you.

hey cmh928, i need a little help. i finally figured out what the problem was when i modified your mod. I kept the elevation and current speed coding, but I cant use the speed limit code i have and i have to stick with yours. I am using your mod from 4-10-09 and i would like to move the speed limit sign to where i had it in the picture, that way i can use your code and still get what i am trying to do. I thought i only had to change the x and y values but i keep rebooting. any chance you could take a look. thanks for your help. this is what i previously had:

;Display Posted Speed Limit

;Display Elevation

;display current clocked speed

and this is what you have without showing the elevation and current speed code:

;<> Start

;<> End

GNar74,

I love your clean interface! Please let me know when you have added CMH's latest mods to your data.zip file

Gnasr,

You need to do away entirely with your current speed limit script. The important thing is that the new version uses layers. You need to copy the ENTIRE layers to the same place that I had mine in nm8x4. You can mod the x,y values I have in my layers after you get them copied over. From where it says to where it says for both of the speed limits. If any .ui calls a layer that doesn't exist in nm8x4.ui, you get a reboot.

Gnasr,

You need to do away entirely with your current speed limit script. The important thing is that the new version uses layers. You need to copy the ENTIRE layers to the same place that I had mine in nm8x4. You can mod the x,y values I have in my layers after you get them copied over. From where it says to where it says for both of the speed limits. If any .ui calls a layer that doesn't exist in nm8x4.ui, you get a reboot.

That is exactly what i did. I got everything to work, i just went one by one and just finished. It was the euro speed limit sign that was giving me the trouble. I was inputting the same x,y for the euro as the us sign and they were actually different. This time around everything worked out very easy. I prepared a version with all your shortcuts and a version with just my shortcuts. I also added Boris' poi settings to allow you to search for a POI around an address. This mod is really great and the extra settings are so worth it that I had to give it a try. All your changes are taking up a lot of my time but i am getting the hang of this and it is becoming easier. I really have to thank Cmh928 and illdietrying for teaching me so much. And all your mods have been great so far, keep up the good work. Thanks Cmh928!

GNar74,

I love your clean interface! Please let me know when you have added CMH's latest mods to your data.zip file

just finishing up some cleanup to it and i will offer 2 versions, one with my original shortcuts and one with all of cmh928's shortcuts.

Glad to hear it, GN. Let me know once you've test-driven it and I'll post them to the FTP for ya. Make a new readme and pix if needed, too.

I just uploaded the newest data.zips to the FTP. I will post AIO's updated with them as soon as I take the new samantha for a long testdrive.

Thanks for the Mod. Looks great! I am having one issue, however. I did the step by step and everything worked great the first time, however I was going through the new options and choose a night theme for the map that started with a z or x. After that it popped up an error that said could not be found, has to close. I could no longer access the navigation. I tried rebooting but now it just loops and never loads completely, just gets to the loading screen.

I have tried putting in the data, sys, and image files again but I have not been able to get it back up again. I did make a full backup, but would like to get the mod fixed.

I did a quick search but can't find the night themes. I am assuming that I just have to find the correct theme then the mod will boot up properly.

Glad to hear it, GN. Let me know once you've test-driven it and I'll post them to the FTP for ya. Make a new readme and pix if needed, too.

I just uploaded the newest data.zips to the FTP. I will post AIO's updated with them as soon as I take the new samantha for a long testdrive.

I spoke too soon. one problem. I am trying to hide the speed limit when i am in route so iadded what you told me to add a while ago when i had the same problem and it worked then. this time when i added visiblemodel="navigation.has_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" it is working backwards and shows the speed limit when i am in route and hides it when i am not in route. Should i be writing visiblemodel="navigation.has_no_route&navigation.current_speed_limit.valid" Thanks

;<> Start

;<> End

I've looked at various values for the clock and see the differences. Forgive me if these are dumb questions, I am really trying to figure out how this thing works. The question I have come up with is will copying someone else's navigatemap_800_480.ui into the CMH all in one work? I think I've figured out how to insert it with 7zip. Does changing that .ui file change everything or just the appearance of the map screen? I really like the lower beeps and Samantha voice and everything else. And it is just so simple to install.

One problem I just had happen with the all in one, untouched, is that my route info box disappered. It does not show up when any route is active. I am going to reload the all in one and see if that fixes it.

Having a few issues...the parking brake bypass didn't work. In addition, there were a few other things like the compass changing the map from day to night. I also don't think the beeping noise was changed. Any suggestions? We download the all in one file. I did notice that some files were still zipped within the folders. Could this be the problem? We have the 900BT, if that makes any difference. The parking brake bypass is what we are most interested in.