AVIC411.com

Got my unit back from Pioneer. They had to replace the PCB :x

Anywho, Now that I have dumped back in the latest and greatest I have one issue. I uploaded the Sam_hybrid and I notice that I do not get any spoken anything when I go to adjust the "voice" scroll bar but I do with the latest Sam_TTS.

Is this a glitch in the oridinals of the file?

Thanx,

Bud

It should have Marvin from HHGTTG bitching about his plot in life. If you make changes to what I have it say under Test in the info.ini without including a new OGG to match, then it won't say anything.

You also don't need anything but the AIO as it installs SamHybrid by default.

Thats the prob...DUH :( I changed the text in the info.ini file without an associated .OGG to back it up.

Thanx for the heads-up!

I'll change it back until I can get one written.

You rock, CMH !!!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How high do you have your amp gains set? I have mine set so that 60 on the volume out of 64 is the onset of clipping. This reduces background noise as well as making the Loudness contour behave as it should. If 30-40 on your volume is already loud, that would be why your beeps are still loud.

Ooo... This is interesting. Where do I find the amp gains? I have trouble with static noise and bluetooth volume. I've mentioned it before... but when I'm in a phone call, one step above mute is REALLY LOUD. Pressing Vol- once will mute the voice completely. Do I have control over the bluetooth audio with amp gain?

It seems like the Parrot bluetooth system is a stranger on the Pioneer unit now. For instance, when I get a phone call, my iPod keeps playing in the background, but muted. It doesn't pause like it did on my D3. Also, is there a way to hear the nav prompts while I'm in a bluetooth phonecall? Or, does bluetooth always take precedence? I know that the Parrot system is still pretty much on lockdown now, and your mods are focused mostly on GPS function and other visual aspects of the unit... but is there any chance of being able to improve on the bluetooth system? I just want to be able to hear the GPS prompts and use the volume knob to control my fiancee's voice (she's a loud talker, and I doubt it'll get any better once we're married.)

Thanks for a great mod, and any help you guys can offer!

[quote name="DrPhantum

My !Readme! was practically unreadable because it opened in NotePad. But' date=' I just opened it in WordPad, and it looks great. I'm glad you did away with the clock glow... and I can't wait to hear Samantha. Everything she says sounds like a question. I'd prefer my GPS to sound confident when telling me where to go.

I'll try the MSN Direct thing. I've wondered what the dual butterflies were for. I've never pressed them both in sequence. I don't have an HD Radio Tuner, and my FM radio works... plus... my antenna isn't retractable, so I don't know what the problem could be. Would reloading any specific files help me out? Anything I can do in testmode to get it working again?[/quote]

Look in the troublechecking section, but I believe re-entering testmode fixes it for most. If not, the reset button will for sure, but you lose presets and custom EQ curves.

Look in the troublechecking section, but I believe re-entering testmode fixes it for most. If not, the reset button will for sure, but you lose presets and custom EQ curves.

I will gladly sacrifice my presets for working MSNDirect functions... Is that all I lose? I won't have to retransfer my contacts or rebuild the VR dictionary for my iPod, will I? Those are what take a lot of time and effort to get back. Thanks for the tip, by the way.

Also... Can you elaborate on the amp levels thing? What does this control, and where do I find it? I'm not familiar with it on my current setup... and I'm confident it's not part of the basic Pioneer interface. I'm familiar with OFF, Low, Medium, and High for "Loudness" though... Having a numerical control is not typical of the Pioneer UI. I could have missed it, though.

I will gladly sacrifice my presets for working MSNDirect functions... Is that all I lose? I won't have to retransfer my contacts or rebuild the VR dictionary for my iPod, will I? Those are what take a lot of time and effort to get back. Thanks for the tip, by the way.

Also... Can you elaborate on the amp levels thing? What does this control, and where do I find it? I'm not familiar with it on my current setup... and I'm confident it's not part of the basic Pioneer interface. I'm familiar with OFF, Low, Medium, and High for "Loudness" though... Having a numerical control is not typical of the Pioneer UI. I could have missed it, though.

VR, phonebook, and Nav settings/favorites are stored on the Flash Drive. They will survive a reset. Just tap the button with the tip of your stylus.

Amp gains are small dials on the amplifier itself, not on the avic. If you are using the built-in amps, there is no separate gain other than the SLA control in setup. SLA does adjust all levels on a per source basis. It will make the SD or Ipod quieter along with system sounds and Nav volume. The only source not controlled by SLA is AM/FM radio.

VR, phonebook, and Nav settings/favorites are stored on the Flash Drive. They will survive a reset. Just tap the button with the tip of your stylus.

Amp gains are small dials on the amplifier itself, not on the avic. If you are using the built-in amps, there is no separate gain other than the SLA control in setup. SLA does adjust all levels on a per source basis. It will make the SD or Ipod quieter along with system sounds and Nav volume. The only source not controlled by SLA is AM/FM radio.

Thanks. I'm using the factory Bose amp in a 350Z Touring... so I'm guessing I don't have any dials. But, I'll try SLA. The only "source" I need to adjust is bluetooth phone, which isn't a SOURCE like it was on my D3... but I'll see what I can find anyway. Thanks!

Thanks. I'm using the factory Bose amp in a 350Z Touring... so I'm guessing I don't have any dials. But, I'll try SLA. The only "source" I need to adjust is bluetooth phone, which isn't a SOURCE like it was on my D3... but I'll see what I can find anyway. Thanks!

You can buy a small external RCA level gain control to add the function. It will greatly help with noise levels as well as giving you control over your BT volume. Ideally you want to get up to about 60 on the Avic volume before your amp starts clipping.

This is a fancy version> http://www.myradiostore.com/noise-filte ... a-rca.html

I'm sure there are cheaper analog models without the remote. A PAC LC-1 would do the trick for under $15 as well.

one question, doe gnasr74 mod have all of Cmh928'a newer additions (as in they way button work in on the map but with gnasr74 layout)? I'm wondering b/c I dont like the red clock in the corner (red is a little hard on my eyes to see as well, maybe if it was a darker shade of red then the bright red it is it would be better) plus i kinda like the original compas better, quicker to see what direction you are going at a quick glance for me.

one question, doe gnasr74 mod have all of Cmh928'a newer additions (as in they way button work in on the map but with gnasr74 layout)? I'm wondering b/c I dont like the red clock in the corner (red is a little hard on my eyes to see as well, maybe if it was a darker shade of red then the bright red it is it would be better) plus i kinda like the original compas better, quicker to see what direction you are going at a quick glance for me.

You'll have to ask GN what version he based his off of.. Better yet, learn to make your own mods. Changing clock color/font/location is the EASIEST mod for a beginner. The code is clearly marked in navigatemap800_480.ui.

My car has a wonderful clock and speedometer inches from my nose. The only reason my mod still has a clock/speedo at all is so people don't whine about it! I moved it to the only place that doesn't steal screen real-estate from something more useful.

I Would, but with my dyslexia I don't like to mess around with code too much. I have heard that if you don't use a certain program to unzip/zip the files it might mess them up in a way that the avic wont read them correctly? is this true (i need to know b/c I'm on a mac and i can't use the program they say to zip the data.zip back up with.