AVIC411.com

This is a great mod, I've been lurking here and using this mod since the initial release on my very recently purchased F90bt.

Couple observations with latest release... did I miss a release or two in the last couple of weeks or are there a lot of new images in the graphics? Definately not complaing the mod looks nicer than ever.

The back navigation arrow shows on some screens and I like it better then the sideways u-turn looking one, but why not use it in all menus? Or is that considerably more work then you want to commit to, which would be completely understandable!

I tested swapping the icons around a bit to see what I liked and during my testing I found that the history icon goes missing after cancelling a route, after navigating to some of the other screens and back to the map view it returns.

I love the ability to be able to select/swap 2 of the 3 icons MSN/GPS/Hist, but would also love to have them all! Perhaps a simple suggestion hopefully you think it useful, just move the GPS icon (or any other preferred icon) to the area where the stop navigation and mute are located and resize them down there if necessary, this would leave the space for history and MSN icons along the top all the time.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moving the switchable icons isn't a good idea if you don't know what you're doing. The return arrow you speak of is part of GUGA's theme, not my mod. There isn't room for all the icons to be visible at once and I am not going to downsize them or remove the Stop/Mute keys as I use them all and have big fingers. Same goes for those who want the icons to hide like in IDT's version. I don't want to double-tap to get a function to work. I like the 3D tilt where I have it and thus the icons block nothing but sky. No need to fade them. Ease of use while driving is one of my top concerns, so I like big icons and everything obvious on the screen. It is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone's taste, so I make the mod the way I like it. Feel free to mod it further if you like.

Please don't take what I thought to be a simple suggestion to relocate one icon too personally I'm not suggesting you rewrite or change your mod at all simply suggesting an alterative layout idea. I'm quite happy with using it as-is knowing full well I've not got the time or currently the skill to reproduce or change it and that you don't have to share it much less host it either.

I did not fiddle with moving the swappable icons in your mod, I don't have that skill/knowledge yet and may never. I loaded it as-is and found what appears a repeatable occurence. That occurence being if I change the setting to show the hist/Gps or hist/msn icons through the NaviSettings/Visual/CustomSettings, then set a destination, then cancel/clear my destination, the history icon is then missing from the top row, but the icon will come back after navigating away to other screens and back to the map screen.

I too have large hands and fingers myself so understand not wanting to go smaller, it just looked like the top of the screen was one icon short of space prompting the work you've done to set up a swappable arangement for the choice of preference icons, plus it appeared to me the stop-nav and mute area had some space to spare to add an icon without really interrupting the neat layout you've set up.

hey ... MY BUILDINGS WORK!!!!!!! A SPECIAL THANKS TO crilleym cmh and idt for helping me out. it turns out that i just don't know what i am doing! LOL. i flew over that address in chicago and there they were! thanks for helping out kids and i am sorry to drive you nuts. i appreciate all your help. THANKS

No problem. I am not as knowledgable as cmh and idt, but I have learned a lot from them and others. The key is read, read and re-read these threads.

I loaded it as-is and found what appears a repeatable occurence. That occurence being if I change the setting to show the hist/Gps or hist/msn icons through the NaviSettings/Visual/CustomSettings, then set a destination, then cancel/clear my destination, the history icon is then missing from the top row, but the icon will come back after navigating away to other screens and back to the map screen.

I will probably have to put a direct call on the Delete route button to fix the ghost. I hadn't experienced it yet, but I had a similar issue ages ago on the Go Home button not showing route info properly because the nav screen isn't fully refreshed when you push that button. Changing screens to start or delete a route always runs the scripts. I'll post back later.

I loaded it as-is and found what appears a repeatable occurence. That occurence being if I change the setting to show the hist/Gps or hist/msn icons through the NaviSettings/Visual/CustomSettings, then set a destination, then cancel/clear my destination, the history icon is then missing from the top row, but the icon will come back after navigating away to other screens and back to the map screen.

I will probably have to put a direct call on the Delete route button to fix the ghost. I hadn't experienced it yet, but I had a similar issue ages ago on the Go Home button not showing route info properly because the nav screen isn't fully refreshed when you push that button. Changing screens to start or delete a route always runs the scripts. I'll post back later.

so what script is the best to refresh the nav screen?

so what script is the best to refresh the nav screen?

Normally the sc_Fullscreen will suffice as it calls and is called by many other scripts. Another good bet for you would be the Alpha down/restore scripts as these are called by just about every other script. Without leaving the screen and coming back, I know of no script that will truly refresh the whole screen.

To fix my ghost, I ended up modifying advmenu.ui to set vValidRoute 0 after DELETEROUTE but before it calls sc_frhideri in nm.ui.

I also made the back key match the one in GUGA's theme and added another option under Visual/Custom to hide speed and elevation. I will post new copies in the morning.

hey i need some help with editing speedcams. i just updated this mod with the new all in one and so far it is flawless and amazing! props to CMH once again. switching between screen seems to be faster, thanks for that. my speedcams work fine i just want to delete the ones that are there that really aren't there. i tap the speedcam and then i am supposed to hit the cursor, but i am not sure what the cursor is. does anyone have a pic or can you describe it to me? oops forget it i figured it out!!!

slothy i had the same problem but they are there you just have to keep looking. put the map in 3d also once your in like downtown chicago maybe try zooming in a bit. make sure that in the navi menu the buildings are turned on

slothy i had the same problem but they are there you just have to keep looking. put the map in 3d also once your in like downtown chicago maybe try zooming in a bit. make sure that in the navi menu the buildings are turned on

i seen landmarks that's about it.

scratch my post about speedcam edit. i figured it out.

slothy it should say building under there too. if it doesn't then someone else will have to help because i don't know. i have no idea how these mods really work, i am still learning myself. sorry i can't be more help.

Slothy, if you aren't using a UC model f700,f900, or f90, you will need to edit your sys.txt by hand. The line [device] type="PIONEER746UC" has to match your unit's ID.

There's nothing else I know of that would prevent you from seeing buildings if you used my all-in-one. Be aware, unless you live in a BIG city, you won't see diddly.