AVIC411.com

It's also possible that there is a difference in building files for your area. The files in the AIO are the most up-to-date available. In my area they added several new buildings and arenas over the OEM ones, but also removed a few churches that used to show up. You may want to load the older file for your state. Overall the newer files are about 16MB larger than the old ones but a few states are actually a few KB smaller.

The new building files made a difference. I did a route with the same address I did in Chicago and there were more buildings than there were before with one of you older mods.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not hack related. Purely Avic related. The hack just makes it quicker to set a destination so it shows up more. Wait for the unit to fully boot and acquire signal and it works fine.

I've thought about making Home, favorites and history not even visible until the GPS time is valid as a way around it, but this could be an even bigger annoyance for some.

yes I understand, but with a data.zip Parents can prepare their destination and make a demo without the GPS signal. Your old data.zip functioned as the original.

Hello cmh928, i have a big problem with this update.

If no GPS signal my F900BT (EU) reboot when select a destination ?!!

I have trashed the files in user data but problem is it.

Did you use the auto zip or just load the DATA file by itself?

use data.zip directly with SD card.

Not hack related. Purely Avic related. The hack just makes it quicker to set a destination so it shows up more. Wait for the unit to fully boot and acquire signal and it works fine.

I've thought about making Home, favorites and history not even visible until the GPS time is valid as a way around it, but this could be an even bigger annoyance for some.

yes I understand, but with a data.zip Parents can prepare their destination and make a demo without the GPS signal. Your old data.zip functioned as the original.

I loaded the latest one and it ran good for me all day. I drive at least 1-200 miles a day through 3 states, alot of back roads and never had a hiccup. I also used th All In One file. It has all of the updated files..

Misterblue, do me a favor and go back to using my old file or use GTIMatt's since his is aimed at EW units. I assure you there is no difference in how routing works between stock, my old one, my new one or GTIMatt's. Just entering testmode is enough to make the unit act weird even without changing any files.

I have two NAV related questions.

1) How do I make the default for both 2D and 3D navigation zoomed in 3-4 levels more than the default on the allinone?

2) How do I make the 3D angle by default 1-2 notches lower?

Thank you!

Misterblue, do me a favor and go back to using my old file or use GTIMatt's since his is aimed at EW units. I assure you there is no difference in how routing works between stock, my old one, my new one or GTIMatt's. Just entering testmode is enough to make the unit act weird even without changing any files.

the problem must come from somewhere. I have to change your old update to add new functions of the update. I managed but I have a problem with the display of the icon "speedcamtype" which does not appear correctly in the window "speedwarn". Do you have a solution for the correct display of the "speedcamtype"? With this data.zip I have no problem with no gps signal.

I just downloaded the zip file and put the files on an SD card. I will load your software at lunch. My question is, does this hack affect the radio/phone piece of the 700bt at all?

Thanks

it wont

So my radio and phone will work just like before?

So my radio and phone will work just like before?

yes

I have seen a difference in the phone operation. Ordinarily, when I audibly call a number, the screen would return to the map, where you may change the volume of the caller and hang up when finished. This mod does not do that, it remains on the "Call" screen. If you push the map button, the map is displayed, but the phone volume becomes so low you cannot hear the called person. The call must be cancelled and started again to regain the volume. even if i try to use the phone separately to hear the called person, because bluetooth is still enabled, the volume remains low.