AVIC411.com

Does anyone else have issues with their MSN Direct using this mod? I modded my f90bt so soon after I got it (and haven't looked back), that I'm not sure if it's an MSN Direct problem, or a mod problem. I just installed IDT's latest (4.1), and I'm still having the same problem. (See screenshot below) Long story short, I rarely get MSN Direct coverage, even when I'm in the city (Go Penguins/Steelers!), and I KNOW that there is MSN Direct coverage in the 'burgh and the outlying areas. When I go into the Status Screen (thanks CMH for the "hotspot" icons on the MSN Direct screen), it looks like all the data has been wiped (12:00 on 00/00/000 seems pretty void of data to me). When I hit any of the MSN links, It just tells me "No [gas, traffic, movie, etc] data available" Is this an MSN problem, or a mod problem? How do I fix it?

CMH suggested a while ago that I press the hard reset button if this happens, and it should fix it... but it only OCCASIONALLY comes back with MSN data, and it never STAYS fixed.

I hope someone out there can help me with this... I'm nearing the end of my 3-month trial period, and I need to make a decision on whether or not MSN is worth the monthly cost.

Thanks!

~Ryan

post-5634-12872757760336_thumb.jpg

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the efforts.

After I set home and all navi settings, I got couple error messages: (mine is F500BT)

Got this one after bootup

FFUI error

FFUIERROR: Unknown command

Name=[sc_frhideri]

Script "[unnamed]" command0

And this one after set a destination

Fatal Application Error

Application Tel is performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

Program: Tel

Exception: 0xC0000005

Address: 02D886B4

And my phone is constantly connected/disconnected.

Hello,

I haven't seen this posted, so I thought I would ask...

When I let my car sit for a few hours/days...it varies....My deck will not boot. What happens is if I turn the key to the 'On' position the buttons light up and the deck boots, but if I just start my car it appears to be dead and not boot. I first noticed it with my remote start. I would start the car and when I got it the deck would be dead, no lights or anything. I can turn the car off, turn the key to the 'On' position and it boots. At that point I can start the car and it will stay on, then if I get out and go into a store or something I can come back and it still works...until I let it sit for a few days. I can also do a reset by just holding in the 'reset' button and that seems to tide me over for a few days before the problem resurfaces. Also I don't know if this is a common issue, but my fonts get messed up. The system displays a block instead of the letter 'S' and/or 'U'. Even on the initial warning screen the word 'Caution' is messed up. This resolves itself when i hold the 'reset' button, but it comes back within a few days or so. I've formatted the flash drive, reinstalled from a backup and used the all in one SD installer but the Font and Boot issues still exist. I have done the hardware/wiring harness bypass and have installed only this hack, but I can not get past these issues. Please help!!

You need to go through and check/set ALL settings, not just Navi. And I mean actually change, then change back every value on every screen.

Instructions say "set preferences under ALL NaviSettings submenus", so I did navi settings only. I'll do all settings and see if I still get the error. Thanks!

Update: My last reboot didn't give me an error message, so I guess everything is fine now.

I was having route re-calculation issue after upgrading to 2008.04 maps, and the problem went away after installing this all-in-one mod. Thank you thank you thank you cmh928.

Can anyone Identify wtf this POI icon is? They are all over Pittsburgh and I have no idea what it is or where to find it to disable it.

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MTUuanBn.jpg

thats the speedcamera

Speed camera?! Wtf we don't even have them in Pittsburgh.... :lol:

Speed camera?! Wtf we don't even have them in Pittsburgh.... :lol:

Really? Then what is this

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:a0u ... =firefox-a

Trust me, there are no redlight cameras in the back alleys of Pittsburgh

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 26,,0,-0.1

lol

The icons you're seeing were at time reported as either having a camera there or speed trap. The data is gathered from various people often confirmed to be legit. One of the most popular sites where this data is accumulated is http://www.trapster.com/

The files stored at trapstar in their current form had to be converted to be read by the AVIC. There are other sites also, I'm not sure what source the data is from but from what I've seen from reading the threads here is that they all needed to be converted.

Besides the icons you are seeing you can also add more for areas where you know there may be a trap or possibly a newly added radar camera.

If they're bothersome to you you can delete each one as IDT said or switch back to stock to rid of them altogether.

I've only had my f900bt for a couple of weeks, fitted it in my '08 Mustang. Not bad at all.

But now I've added cmh928's mods and what a difference. Looks amazing and a little quicker, deleted maps i don't need.

also added the latest maps, even has sheffields new rd system on it now.

Looking how to add the HD mod now that would be good.

thinking about the one usb device, what about a physical usb switch. so one could switch over to another usb device if required.

cmh 928 or anyone,

Is this "set preferences under ALL NaviSettings submenus" one time thing or it has to be done on every reboot?

My F500BT reboot this morning instead of wake up from standby (don't know why). I entered a destination then "Go Here Now" and the GPS reboot as if what happened when I first installed the mod and did not set all settings. So I am wondering if I have to do this on every reboot?

Thanks!

I am a nube to your site and the AVIC 900BT. I am based in the UK and have driven a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Pioneer unit for a couple of months. I am keen to develope the system and want to use your mod. However

boring I would like your comments on my plan of action and perhaps comments from others on a couple of points. I have already downloaded Test Mode and also EW.unziptosdcard.

1. Using Test Mode back up system to SD card using copy and paste from flash drive

2. If I want to restore I copy and paste back to flash drive. Could I also just use the latest Pioneer upgrade which seems to delete files and then re-load?

3. upload ew.. to flash drive

My couple of questions, before I start are:

1. Has anyone in the UK used this and do they have any comments?

2. Is there any need to download any maps or buildings for the UK?

3. Is the speedcamera data the same as supplied through Pioneer, if not can it be regularly updated?

Sorry to ask such basic questions, but when you don't know the answers they are very difficult!

Thanks

Colin