AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are 4 versions: The normal Data.zip with MSN shortcut and traffic info

A NoMSN.Data.zip version for F700 and euro users which has a History icon and TMC.

An all-in-one UnzipToSDCard.zip for newbies

and a NoMSN.UnzipToSDCard.zip

Hey cmh928 i dont see the link for NoMSN.UnzipToSDCard.zip . Is it the same as the UnzipToSDCard.zip?

Also when the unit boots when you put the sd card in, the file you created automatically puts all those files in the correct folders without you having to copy and paste? If so that is very nice.

Also if i just want to copy and paste everything in myself rather than using that, do i need to copy over the contents in the lang and voice folders?

is there anything different about the image.res file you sent me a couple of days ago?

Thank you plan on working on this tomorrow

also in the voice folder in content, is that the modified samantha voice. If so, i dont know if it worked when i transferred it into my unit from the setup menu, so i was wondering if i can just take it and copy it into the same folder in my avic unit. Do i delete the file that is there and replace it with this TTS file?

What is the transportm.ttf font for?

thank you

Every time you enter testmode using the original testmode files, samantha is overwritten by the old version. That is why it was required to update it using the Avic's interface in normal mode. If you drag the new samanthaTTS file into your Testmode SD card's MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\voice\ folder, then it keeps the newer file.

Only newbies should be using my full UnzipToSDCard file, if you know what you're doing and have most all the mods to begin with, just copy the data.zip or whatever other files you want manually. If you use my full file, you will have to wait for over 64MB of data to transfer automatically even if you only want to add the voice file. It is still the safest way to get everything where it belongs, though.

I verified the NoMSN all-in-one is there and it shows up using Firefox just fine.

Image.res may be newer than the one I sent you. Check dates or just install the new one.

No custom fonts are needed for my version, but I included the ones that GTIMatt used for his EU speed limit sign and IDT's current speed digital one. This is just to prevent headaches if a newbie later decides to try one of their data.zip files

Just gave it a go around town. Worked good. DId a fly over dallas and see some 3d buildings. Thanks to all.

One question though. Will the files that were replaced handle updated maps? And if so which version?

You can use worldwide IGo 8.0 maps on it, but you may want to read this thread first:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22251&start=105

There can be some issues with TTS and POI's not showing up. I personally only loaded the 4.2008 version of Ohio and it works fine.

My sys.txt is made to default to a 3D tilt that surrounds the top icons with sky, yet shows a decent amount of the upcoming map and labels. I also hated the arrow size and knocked it down to where I was happiest. Sys.txt settings also enables 3D buildings and speedcams.

Just a heads up that some of the buttons in the navigatemap.ui are missing their USESEPARATEDSAFETYMODE=0 statements (specifically, the announcer mute button when a route is active). Some of us haven't done the HW bypass yet, so they're unavailable without the separated safey mode in the declaration...

Thanks!

FourG,

Are you using my entire data.zip? It already has the software hack enabled and should not enter "separated safety mode" as long as you have the P-Brake wire grounded.

At any rate, I have added the lines to the file and will update the FTP with the new files as soon as I testdrive it.

69Bee,

you can try adjusting vSpeedcamAlertVolume=40 in common\ui\modelvariables.ui, but I believe the level is controlled under navi settings>sound settings> master volume.

Tha !alert3.wav itself is recorded at a very low level. It resides in the audio folder in data.zip. I am attaching a copy editted to nearly double the original volume.

Just unzip the wav and drop it into the audio folder in data.zip.

it will be included in the data.zip on the FTP within a few hours.

FourG,

Are you using my entire data.zip? It already has the software hack enabled and should not enter "separated safety mode" as long as you have the P-Brake wire grounded.

At any rate, I have added the lines to the file and will update the FTP with the new files as soon as I testdrive it.

69Bee,

you can try adjusting vSpeedcamAlertVolume=40 in common\ui\modelvariables.ui, but I believe the level is controlled under navi settings>sound settings> master volume.

Tha !alert3.wav itself is recorded at a very low level. It resides in the audio folder in data.zip. I am attaching a copy editted to nearly double the original volume.

Just unzip the wav and drop it into the audio folder in data.zip.

it will be included in the data.zip on the FTP within a few hours.

Yeah, I already have the volume bit set to 50 but I will substitute the "!alert3" file that you supplied, which, by the way, is greatly appreciated!

I can't thank you enough for all of the painstaking work you (and the other modders alike) have put forth!

I makes a rather mundane Navi system a bit more enjoyable :)

I reposted the !alert.zip at an even higher volume. For those that already DLed it, you may want to try this one instead.

All the files are being uploaded to the FTP right now, including a greatly improved SamanthaTTS voice.

No more ending with a "Turn Right?" She sounds sure of herself now. Most of the commands in her are now actually sound samples. Only road names are done in actual TTS. The file size is nearly 2MB due to this.

I am still working on getting her to read numbers properly. Like "Three-Oh-Nine" for 309, etc.

The voice is already included in the all-in-ones or available separately here:

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/TTS

Best way to install the new voice alone is to drag it into MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\voice\ on your testmode SD card and it will auto-install when you boot from it.

I'm halfway to work this morning and my iPod quits playing Leo LaPorte's TWIT podcast and starts beeping. I'm thinking this is a system crash....

Somebody put a speed camera on my way to work and the Cmh package picked it up and the warning was sent to audible.

Really cool. On the way home I had it set to silent- still saw the icon and the warning message.

Very cool. Thanks again Cmh, IDT, Boris, Keeper, GTMatt, et al.