AVIC411.com

This is a really killer mod. I just got my F90 a week ago and have been following this board since. Same thing happening here with the reboot in the NAV screens.

If it is a random reboot, it may be from a failed 2.0 update as well. Since your unit is new, it wouldn't surprise me. Try re-downloading and reinstalling just my update and if it persists, re-install the 2.0 upgrade from Pioneer's website.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great mods!!!

I have been using yours for some time now with great success. I've even modded the image.res file to suit my tastes.

I do have q question regarding this latest version. If I do a straightforward copy from SD (using your config) to my F900 the unit starts no problem and works fine!!! However if I change the image.res the unit will stay in a reboot mode. Is something had coded or is image size mapped in this version?

Like I stated before I have had no previous problems.

Also using 7-zip I am unable to just add my altered images to your res file (while it's still zipped) . . .

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance - I usually can find my own answers, but this one seems to stump me.

Clark

Before doing any editting to image.res, rename it to image.7z. If you use the all-in-one, it will overwrite your image.res so you'll need a normal testmode SD to manually add my data.zip as I change it.

If you do unzip image.res to work on it, make sure that when you re-zip it it is in 7z format and only one folder in the root of it. i.e, When you open image.res you will only see the "image" folder.

Thanks for your great work. I downloaded the NoMSN-version and plugged the SD into my EU 2.001 version F900 but soon after powering up it says that the mapdbversions are different on the card and on the unit.

What to do?

Testmode files are different on worldwide models. You will need the correct testmode file for your unit (download below), then it is just a matter of copying MapDBInfo.txt from the EU testmode into the MiTACAP\APL2\iGo\content\ folder of my all-in-one.

There are just too many possible combinations to post an all-in-one for every region.

Bear in mind, the bulk of the all-in-one file size is due to US 3D building files that will do you no good in Europe. They won't do any damage being on your unit, but also won't ever be used. The speedcam database is also US only. The file posted below gets unzipped and copied to APL2\iGo\CONTENT\speedcam\

CMH...Newbie here...got it downloaded and will install this evening once I get a bigger SD card to do the back up. My question is...I only see 2D in the pics...Does it have 3D capability? And do the speed cameras work every where?...how does that work...I live in Chattanooga TN. Thank you!

Also, I noticed that it will be sluggish on screen taps and it will spool the same spoken command about 3 times.

I haven't had any problems with her repeating herself or anything. If you rush the bootup and start adjusting volume settings before about 2 minutes in, it can act like that. same goes for even trying to adjust brightness. She is supposed to say those phrases when tested now and they can be changed in the .ini. I'm still working on her, and having her say those things makes it easier to see if I make progress.

As far as the corrupt zip file, I just downloaded the copy from TTS folder on the FTP and made some changes to the ini without unzipping it. It re-saved just fine. Are you using the latest 7zip?

You were right...I am too impatient.

Before I got this post I had already re-d'loaded it and did exactly this :wink:

I am using WIN.RAR not 7ZIP and now all is okay. I changed the voice default in the file to say something more pleasant and I changed the speed warning sound to "Slow Down a**hole. You are going too fast" You shoulda seen the look on my wifes face when I was tooling down the freeway and this "warning" came through the speakers at 600 watts!! :)

So basically, you dropped the TTS rate from 50 to 40 and added some rules in the .ini file I can see. There is now an "audio" file in your latest version that the previous iterations did not have which has all of the spoken commands you eluded to in your previous post. Is this file supposed to unzip itself and get placed into the proper directory or do I need to manually manipulate this? Do the new audio files reside in the root or do they end up in the DATA.ZIP "audio" file??

Thanx again for all of the hard work!!

Bud

Also, I noticed that it will be sluggish on screen taps and it will spool the same spoken command about 3 times.

I haven't had any problems with her repeating herself or anything. If you rush the bootup and start adjusting volume settings before about 2 minutes in, it can act like that. same goes for even trying to adjust brightness. She is supposed to say those phrases when tested now and they can be changed in the .ini. I'm still working on her, and having her say those things makes it easier to see if I make progress.

As far as the corrupt zip file, I just downloaded the copy from TTS folder on the FTP and made some changes to the ini without unzipping it. It re-saved just fine. Are you using the latest 7zip?

You were right...I am too impatient.

Before I got this post I had already re-d'loaded it and did exactly this :wink:

I am using WIN.RAR not 7ZIP and now all is okay. I changed the voice default in the file to say something more pleasant and I changed the speed warning sound to "Slow Down a**hole. You are going too fast" You shoulda seen the look on my wifes face when I was tooling down the freeway and this "warning" came through the speakers at 600 watts!! :)

That is funny. Would you mind showing me that. Im a newbie and would like those spoken words.

Open up these files in this order on the new MITACAP file that you downloaded:

"MITACAP/APL2/iGo/Content/Voice/Voice_TTS-nua-eng-us-f1.zip/info.ini", and you will see this:

[iNFO]
;TTS Nuance
voicekey="tts_nua_eng_us_f1"
languagekey="english US"
languagename="English (US)"
lang_extention_flag=""
sex="female"
name="Samantha (TTS) v1.2"
flag="flag_usa.bmp"
testsound="XXX.XXX.XXX"
unitssup_kmm=1
unitssup_mly=1
unitssup_mlf=1
tmcsup=1
tts_destnames=1
phoneme_lang="ENU"
ttsvoice=1
tts_rate=40
tts_srate="11025"
;11025, 16000, 22050
tts_mode_mixed=0
roadnameparsing=-1
tts_langname="American English"
tts_voicename="Samantha"
recalulate="Recalculating"
ask_recalulate="Off route! Recalculate?"
offroute="Off route!"
traffic_jam="Warning! Traffic jam ahead."
overspeed="XXX.XXX.XXX"
gps_signal_lost="GPS signal lost."
gps_disconnect="GPS disconnected."
LCID=0x0409
brand="Pioneer"
timestamp="1215162918"
timestamp_readable="7/4/2008 9:15:18 AM"

Whereas the conditions with the "XXX.XXX.XXX" are what you can change (overspeed and testsound).

Some of the others are changeable but unless you REALLYknow what you are doing just stick to these two. Make the words short and comprehensible. Make sure to save them on the SD and then load them back in on bootup just like before. All that you need to do is just boot because the newer file always overwrites the former.

Have fun!

The first all in one zip that you posted on 4-5 worked perfectly! But, after you made the updates yesterday, I posted the new all in one and now I get the reboot problem. Everytime I try enter a destination then "route" it my system reboots. If I am on my map page (with no route) and try to click on any one of the top icons, my system reboots.

Do you know what the problem might be? Do you think you can post your original all in one zip file for the mean time?

Thanks a bunch. These mods are really great!