AVIC411.com

AVIC D2 bypass

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground your parking brake wire. There is any empty slot in the harness for the deck that you must ground, sp use one of the wires you are not using and put in that empty hole and run that wire to ground. Done

[quote name="Anonymous"]Can anyone tell me exactly what steps are required to bypass the lockouts on an AVIC D2?[/quote]
Guest havenet
Will this bypass allow for Navigation input or DVD playback or both? I am more interested in allowing for Nav input but I am hearing that this lockout is also dictated by the GPS gyro which is an additional lockout and is unaffected by the ebrake bypass....is this true.. If not "whew!" if so, is there a way to bypass it as well??
[quote name="havenet"]Will this bypass allow for Navigation input or DVD playback or both? I am more interested in allowing for Nav input but I am hearing that this lockout is also dictated by the GPS gyro which is an additional lockout and is unaffected by the ebrake bypass....is this true.. If not "whew!" if so, is there a way to bypass it as well??[/quote]

It allows for both

I used two relays (actually, a DEI doorlock relay pack, which is 2 relays in one "box"), one to ground that parking brake wire, the other to disconnect the speed sense wire, and one switch activates both relays

posted the pin locations and schema here:
[url=http://audiobanter.com/showthread.php?s=901665124cb617aca9dfeeb8e7aff6a3&t=62608&page=2&pp=10]http://audiobanter.com/showthread.php?s ... ge=2&pp=10[/url]
Guest havenet
Thanks for the info...one more question. I engaged my parking brake just barely enough to light it up as engaged. With the parking brake light on, I was able to do everything...watch DVD, work the GPS, etc. Does this mean that I only need the parking brake groung rewired or do I still need to run both relays?
You don't have to disconnect the speed sense wire to view video or work the navi while moving if you ground the empty pin in the harness. The only thing you have to do is ground the parking brake wire after the d1/d2 is booted. I justed used a 528t pulse timer set for a 15 second delay. Has worked fine on both my d1 and my buddy's d2 without fail.
Guest havenet
Would you please describe the installation of the 528t pulse timer (connections, etc)? That sounds like exactly what I need!

Since you suggest it requires a pulse timer, I assume that a straight grounding of the parking brake will not work? Have you confirmed that it will only work it the ground occurs AFTER boot of the system?

THANKS!!!!!!
You don't need any timers at all. Just stick an extra wire off the harness into the empty slot, ground that wire and the green parking brake wire. Your done, no need for relays

[quote name="havenet"]Would you please describe the installation of the 528t pulse timer (connections, etc)? That sounds like exactly what I need!

Since you suggest it requires a pulse timer, I assume that a straight grounding of the parking brake will not work? Have you confirmed that it will only work it the ground occurs AFTER boot of the system?

THANKS!!!!!![/quote]
[quote name="havenet"]Would you please describe the installation of the 528t pulse timer (connections, etc)? That sounds like exactly what I need!

THANKS!!!!!![/quote]

Yes, I initially just grounded the parking brake wire and occasionally I'd either get the error message or the video/navi would not show up. So here's how to wire up the 528t.
Red goes to Constant 12v.
Black goes to ground
the blue loop of wire cut and isolate the ends.
Black/white goes to the accessory wire
Yellow goes to ground
orange goes to the parking brake wire of the avic.

What will happen is when you go to start the car, the accessory wire will get power for a second and then lose power when the start goes to crank. That will cause the 528t to activate for the amount of time that the dial is set to. once it deactivates it will reconnect the yellow and orange wires, grounding the parking brake wire and allowing you use the full navi and video display. Mine has been wired like this for almost a year now and not once have I had a problem since I put the 528t in.
Guest havenet
Thanks for the information guys! At the moment, I'm still wired as per the installer at BestBuy who refused to ground it for me. I am getting a message BEFORE the default safety message. It states that my parking brake has been miswired (or something to that effect) and that I need to check it out. It looks pretty much identical to the safety warning screen in font and color. I hit OK then I get the safety message and have to hit ok again. Any idea what's needed here??

Question#2: I read in the manula that the coloration of the nav screen should go with a black background at night once the headlights come on, but mine doesn't. I have automatic lights but tried turning them on manually to see if that had an effect, but nothing. THe manual states that if this doesn't occur then an orange wire is miswired...what do I need to do? BestBuy is an hour away. (BTW I've checked the settings and the nav is set to "Nightitme" so it should change over along with the headlights)
[quote name="havenet"]Thanks for the information guys! At the moment, I'm still wired as per the installer at BestBuy who refused to ground it for me. I am getting a message BEFORE the default safety message. It states that my parking brake has been miswired (or something to that effect) and that I need to check it out. It looks pretty much identical to the safety warning screen in font and color. I hit OK then I get the safety message and have to hit ok again. Any idea what's needed here??

Question#2: I read in the manula that the coloration of the nav screen should go with a black background at night once the headlights come on, but mine doesn't. I have automatic lights but tried turning them on manually to see if that had an effect, but nothing. THe manual states that if this doesn't occur then an orange wire is miswired...what do I need to do? BestBuy is an hour away. (BTW I've checked the settings and the nav is set to "Nightitme" so it should change over along with the headlights)[/quote]

Odds are good the guy as bestbutt didn't hook the illumination wire up, or your car does not have a separate ill. wire, and only a dimmer wire. What is the year, make, model of the car. As for the not grounding of the parking brake wire, we are not allowed to do that. If an installer is caught grounding that wire. They get fired on the spot. I can help you out if you'd prefer to do this yourself. Later.
Guest havenet
THe D2 is installed in my 2003 Ford SuperCrew. It does have automatic lights via light sensor or you can turn them on & off yourself (but then again, why?).

As far as BestBuy, the installer told me the same story. I don't want anyone fired, so it's up to me. As far as help, that'd be great. Everyone here has been awesome but I'll take in any information I can get...as detailed as possible please (I'm not an installer by any means).

I'm going back to BestBuy tomorrow to get him to work on the parking brake error and the illumination issue. When toying around, I also noticed when I go into the settings and choose "XM Status" it shows no signal and no connection detected. XM works great, so I have no idea what that's all about either. Is that something they need to look at?

Thanks for the help!
Well that truck does have a dedicated illumination wire so the installer probably didn't hook it up. For the xm status goes, are you using the pioneer xm tuner in the big white box, or the terk tuner in the orange packaging. Then again it could just be for navtraffic. There is also the possibility that the parking brake problem could be a normal thing. When the system is first installed it'll generate that error for a couple days. I know mine did before I did the lockout bypass. Whatever happens keep me posted.
Guest havenet
The XM tuner came in a pioneer white box (model # GEX-P920XM). I wondered if the "not connected message" had anything to do with NavTraffic (which I don't have). I'm going to BB tomorrow, I guess I'll have them look these things over again.