AVIC411.com

AVIC D2 bypass

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, My D3 is coming tomorrow and i'm assuming the bypass will be similar as the D2. Now, in my N1, my parking brake wire is connected noramlly, but i click the parking brake the first click and that makes the system think the brake is engaged. So my question is can i leave it like that, then put a wire in the unused slot of the harness, then connect that to the parking break wire so when I do the click, both are therefore grounded? If not, can i just tie that wire to the ground wire already in the harness? Thanks in advance.
  • 2 weeks later...
I've had the D2 for like two weeks and i tried the bypass and as soon as i start driving it gives me a warning. i connected the empty slot and the parking brake lead to a ground and still as soon as i start driving warning and i lose the functions. i even tried adding a switch so i could turn the brake lead ground on after it booted up and still no luck???????????? is there anything i should do to check it? can i buy one of those bypass PAC modules online? somebody help me out i'm going crazy with this thing
[quote name="X804X"]I've had the D2 for like two weeks and i tried the bypass and as soon as i start driving it gives me a warning. i connected the empty slot and the parking brake lead to a ground and still as soon as i start driving warning and i lose the functions. i even tried adding a switch so i could turn the brake lead ground on after it booted up and still no luck???????????? is there anything i should do to check it? can i buy one of those bypass PAC modules online? somebody help me out i'm going crazy with this thing[/quote]

make sure the spare wire you moved in the harness is making metal contact with the pin in the d2.. i have my d2 bypassed in my 07 tC and its been working like a champ since install
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did the D2 mod, THANKS TO AVIC411!!!

I was lurking and reading on this site for a couple days, waiting for my D2 to arrive, (2002 CR-V) and didn't know how complicated the engineers were going to make the mod. The green wire for the parking brake is extra long, made that super easy to splice into the ground. And I used the reverse sensor to fit into the open pin slot, super easy. Grounded that right next to the green wire. Added the XM GEX***, super easy, loving it!

Thanks again for the hack, I can't imagine having to stop and engage a parking brake to change routes... Good thing it seems that they made it VERY convienient to bypass their lawyer-repellant.