AVIC411.com

i just had my new f700 installed on my 2004 escalade. i just noticed that my car battery has been draining quickly since the install and i believe it has something to do with my new system. is there a connection on this f700 that causes the battery to drain quickly? i used to leave my escalade in the garage for a week and it wouldn't drain the battery but now, 3 days and the car won't start. the battery is brand new, by the way. thanks in advance for anyone's help with this.

i just had my new f700 installed on my 2004 escalade. i just noticed that my car battery has been draining quickly since the install and i believe it has something to do with my new system. is there a connection on this f700 that causes the battery to drain quickly? i used to leave my escalade in the garage for a week and it wouldn't drain the battery but now, 3 days and the car won't start. the battery is brand new, by the way. thanks in advance for anyone's help with this.

It should not do it if properly installed. Could it be that you have swapped ACC and constant power wires to AVIC? Does it shut down when you turn off the ignition?

it could also be that the battery could have died when the radio was being installed...maybe when the ign was left on or when it was being tested after the install. when a cell in a battery dies, it cannot hold a proper charge. have a load test done on the battery just to make sure. auto parts stores will usually do this for free

It should not do it if properly installed. Could it be that you have swapped ACC and constant power wires to AVIC? Does it shut down when you turn off the ignition?

thanks for the reply. i did not do the install myself, bestbuy did. i will take it back there and tell the installer about the ACC and constant power wires, maybe that's what he did wrong. thank you!

it could also be that the battery could have died when the radio was being installed...maybe when the ign was left on or when it was being tested after the install. when a cell in a battery dies, it cannot hold a proper charge. have a load test done on the battery just to make sure. auto parts stores will usually do this for free

yes, the battery died before the install was finished, but what i did was i bought a brand new battery and it's still dying rather quickly. i thought it was the old battery's problem before but now that i bought the new one, i figured it would be an error on the installer's part that's causing the problem.