AVIC411.com

F900BT continuing to reboot over and over

I have recently updated the firmware to 2.0 and the unit seem to work fine for a couple minus the long delay on the BT to disconnect but thats another problem. About 5 days later I get in my truck and the unit turns on and i go to select a A/V source and it reboots and continues to reboot every time you start to mess with it. Its almost like its freezing up and then justs reboots itself. I can not get into any menu screens or any thing to see whats going on. Has anyone had this problem or know what i can do to fix the problem. Thanks

you have to get the testmode and mitacap files onto a SD card and insert the SD card into the slot with the unit off. when you start it up, it will have a screen that says "copying files..." let it do its thing, then close that window and open up "my flash drive" and look for those files that you are supposed to delete. i just learned all this stuff the hard way two days ago. :D

Ok things seem to be working fine for now. Here is the list of what I did...

1) Go the link http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127139#127139 go down to 2nd post and download the files for Test Mode. Put the 2 files "mitacap and testmode" on the root of your SD card.

2) Next insert your SD card with the test mode files on it and start your vehicle. Allow the unit to copy over the files and then the screen will turn green. Take your stylus and close it out in the upper right hand corner. You should now see the windows screen.

3) Open the Folder "My Flash Drive". There should be about 10-15 files in there. Look for the files named " gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin . These are the files you need to delete. I connected my USB drive and copied them over to there first just incase I had a problem. Thats up to you. They will be recreated once you turn your unit back on. These are the only 4 files that I deleted.

4) Once this done disconnect your USB drive and remove your SD card from the slot. Then take your stylus and push and hold "5 seconds" the reset button, this is the small little button near the eject button.

5) Give it a minute or 2 to boot up and then you need to go in and reset your EQ, presets, and GPS Home. This is the way that fixed my problem hopefully it will work for others.

• 3 weeks later...

I created an account just to say thank you and that the above steps worked. I went out and bought an sd card and reader.i did the testmode and deleted those files stated to do so and now it works like a champ. this reboot nonsense is BS but hey shit happens. thanks a lot

• 5 months later...

by SFNavi on Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Ok things seem to be working fine for now. Here is the list of what I did...

1) Go the link viewtopic.php?p=127139#127139 go down to 2nd post and download the files for Test Mode. Put the 2 files "mitacap and testmode" on the root of your SD card.

2) Next insert your SD card with the test mode files on it and start your vehicle. Allow the unit to copy over the files and then the screen will turn green. Take your stylus and close it out in the upper right hand corner. You should now see the windows screen.

3) Open the Folder "My Flash Drive". There should be about 10-15 files in there. Look for the files named " gpspara0.bin, gpspara1.bin, gpspara2.bin and gpspara3.bin . These are the files you need to delete. I connected my USB drive and copied them over to there first just incase I had a problem. Thats up to you. They will be recreated once you turn your unit back on. These are the only 4 files that I deleted.

4) Once this done disconnect your USB drive and remove your SD card from the slot. Then take your stylus and push and hold "5 seconds" the reset button, this is the small little button near the eject button.

5) Give it a minute or 2 to boot up and then you need to go in and reset your EQ, presets, and GPS Home. This is the way that fixed my problem hopefully it will work for others.SFNavi

Private message Top

my avic isnot detecting my sd with files in it I did it exactly as it says in that post, but no luck

any ideas thanks

Help me!

I am in Hungary, I have a Pioneer AVIC F900 BT. type of navigation device.

Come 2:05 version. The maps I would like to replace it, but I do not know, because I always rebootol.

The maps are the same (8.0) device.

What can be done to change the maps to know?

• 1 month later...