AVIC411.com

What do I need to retain my factory xm and onstar

I love what your doing with the site!!

I am looking at buying the D1 and was wanting to know what I am getting into as far as what I will need to install. I have factory XM and Onstar with steering wheel controls. I would like to retain all of them if I can. I am not sure what modules I need as far XM adapters, Onstar adapters, and what ever is needed to hook up a dvd player.

Thanks

Stephen

06 Silverado Crew Cab

UB1,Non-Bose

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, well, I don't know of anything to keep your steering wheel controls, you might be able to rip apart a pioneer remote, and maybe kinda make it work.
I don't know much about Onstar, but if uses the car stereo, then all you will need is the Pioneer Aux In Adaptor.

For a DVD Player, you will need a external DVD Player and run it into the D1's video Input.

That should do it!

Jason :)
You'd be best of running the D1 seperately from the factor radio and building a fiberglass and/or custom enclosure for it if you want to retain the factory XM. The XM is built into the factory radio so removing it will remove the XM capability. Now if you're talking about utilizing the factor XM antenna, that's a different story. Splicing into it shouldn't be a problem. Look at Crutchfield.com and add that stereo to your cart. The site will ask about your model vehicle and put the appropriate items needed for the install into your cart, such as the wiring harness and bracketry. I believe that someone makes a utility to be able to utilize your controls on your steering wheel but I don't remember who and where to get it. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!! Also check out the12volt.com