AVIC411.com

AVH-P3100DVD on an Audi A4 Non-Bose

Just installed one of these in my Audi A4 - just wanted to post up and show this because I don't see much talk about it. So far I am really happy with it - it sounds great, the touch screen is pretty nice and has just the right amount of sensitivity. I does come with a stylus :roll: but really, who will use that.

I didn't want/need nav, but wanted a DD unit that would fill up the space where the stocker was. I also needed to use my Sirius hardware I had just purchased to go in my Jetta, but then ended up buying this Audi and decided to make it my daily.

Post install TIPS for the A4:

• [*:1tdgiie7]Turn the illumination on the buttons to RED - it matches the interior lights very nicely.
    [*:1tdgiie7]My A4 is an 2003 1.8T Quattro NON-BOSE - your may differ, so do your research.

Edit for shopping list:

Metra 70-1787 wiring harness

Metra 99-9102 dash kit

Metra 40VW53 powered antenna adapter

Pioneer ADT-VA133 double din install kit

Metra Audi/VW/MB (star type or OEM) stereo removal keys

Extra red, yellow, and black 16 g. wire

T-taps and butt splices

About 6 hours of time.

Install in an A4 was a little tricky, but nothing too bad at all...just needed to find the right wires to tap, and had to get the correct hardware. Something to remember is that the rear speakers and sub all run off of the OEM amplifier (which sounds great BTW) so remember to use the RCA plugs on the Metra harness for the rear speakers. Since they are already amplified, all they need is the low level signal from the head unit. The front speakers are not amplified, and need to be connected to the harness using wires on the harness.

To bypass the video I used a 3rd party relay from eBay. Do a search on eBay for pioneer avh-p3100dvd bypass and you will find a seller. It's around $30-$40 shipped.

On with the finished pics:

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

Please excuse the bad pics - it was too dark for a good exposure:

DSC_1087.jpg

DSC_1093.jpg

DSC_1097.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

very nice and very good job with the install did a very clean job on that. i also order mines and which is coming in tomorrow and will install it in my car tomorrow morning. question for you did you do any bypass for the video? if you did which method did you use. im using the toggle method hope i did it right comes tomorrow will tell

I bought a relay setup from a seller on eBay - you will find it if you search. I don't believe the toggle method will work on the newer setups, but I could be wrong. I just didn't want to hassle with making the relay, so for ~$40 I think it was worth the $$. Also FTR, I don't watch DVD's while moving, or promote doing so, but I also don't think that feature should be limited on the device.

• 3 years later...