AVIC411.com

change f90bt NAND from 2Gb to 8Gb

no.

i use search at site flashboot.ru, and buy few USB flash, with samsung FLASH_ID, like in avic.

so, i has 2, 4 and 8 Gb cheap chip.

but when i use the same 2Gb chip, like in avic - it not work. 4 and 8 also don't work.

so, i think about INIT this empty chip before using.

we can do it via secret menu in UBOOT, for OEMInit procedure, i see it in firmware, but i cant enter to it,

or use external flash programmer, but i haven't.

so, i stop working with this case, i need more skill for this job.

I was not around the forums when this discussion started.. none of the pictures work anymore.. carver.. if you could get them back up that would be nice. Im interested in this.. what happened when you put the other chips in? nothing at all? i guess no service mode with it not being programed to the chip.. like a bios chip with no bios on it. I found the K9HCG08U1M-PIB0 chip on Samsung's website but no real info. Did you get documentation with it? I have a 28pin eeprom programmer that i use for honda ecu eeproms.. I did see that it is a 48 pin chip on Samsung's website but maybe a simple adapter could be made. im sure power and programming are dealt with on only a few pins. when you said that you could see the "secret" OEMInit menu in uboot im assuming you disassembled the uboot bin file? If the menu is in the programming there has to be a way to access it.

Pretty much all the new flash chips can and is programmed by JTAG; I can't find any

references for programming the high capacity chips with a programmer. I built some

time ago the Willem programmer, and I still have the documentation around. Upon interest,

I can publish the documentation, and if I recall correctly, some source code(for DOS) has

been published, too.

it would seem that we need Atlasmgr.. i just spent the last hour exercising my google-fu and cannot find this software anywhere! I can find references to it but all just dead ends. how did you determine that we needed 5.8.4? i cannot find the software much les version #'s

I'm pretty sure you only get Atlasmgr if you've got an RDK for one of the SiRF chips, and that usually comes with a nice NDA to sign before you get your hands on one. There's lots of references to AtlasMgr on the QNX Foundry site that talks about setting up the Titan RDK with their board support package.

1) before I delete working AVIC NAND chip SAMSUNG K9GAG08U0M,

and try solder K9GAG08U0M(yes, like in avic before) and K9GAG08U0M from USB flash.

but i can't format or write new WINCEIMG.BIN from Uboot.

maybe I poorly solder, but i stop working, and waiting for ~10$ NAND reader/writer.

i don't want pay $200 for http://www.soft-center.ru/reader2eng/ or $1000 Xeltek 3000U

2) about OEMInit - before i dump Uboot firmware, stored in Spansion AL004D70BF102,

also i shared it before. So, i see OEMInit in AVIC Uboot, but i haven't manual for start it.

3) About AtlasMgr - i enable USB client at my F90BT, but i don't find any intresting.

my AVIC haven't USB mode switch, like other model

so, i just try remove two resistor, but in my case, after this - Volume Control STOP WORK !!!

4) I write before - i found Sirf JTAG pins, but also need swith SirfTitan mode, like in other Sirf Developer Manual.

i share manual, http://www.4shared.com/dir/20074039/ade ... titan.html

but can't find MODE pinout in AVIC.

so, at this moment we can acces tia JTAG to AVIC Xiling Chip, and to MSN Direct CPU/Firmware.

no way for Uboot Chip or NAND chip

post-32221-12872759850183_thumb.jpg

post-32221-12872759850663_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

if anybody has problem with testmode,and wrong unit id,

like The unit ID is now 0x:0000 it can try my testmode build.

i think, it can work with any US/EW/RE/AU/0x:0000 version.

tags: testmode unlocked diskrw

Hello. I would like to try your testmode as my unit id is now 0X:0000. I have two problem units. This first one is a F700 and it loads the new WINCE images (reads & writes 100%). When I go to reset the unit to boot up in tesstmode, the screen remains black. When I push the 4 buttons to get back to service menu, it skips the first screen where you enter the service combination and goes directly to the blue screen that has the Upgrade CE menu. I have used the WinCE card and testmode on other units so I'm pretty sure they are not corrupt.

I also have a F900bt that hangs up after reading the WinCE images to 100% but won't start the writing process.

Please send me or post your testmode that may help me with the F700. Any suggestions on what to try on either unit would be much appreciated. Thanks, -K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have an f900bt did the x3.1 firmware update, worked fine for several days, out of no where, no modifications made at all, unit would load say please wait system starting, then reboot. i reflashed and formatted memory, reloaded wince and update myflash drive, did same thing, i figured some of the data wasn't getting erased, so i formatted the mbr to clear everything, reloaded, it asked me for language and rebooted. now i get pioneer boot screen and it just stays there, then reboots after 5 mins. any help?

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Sorry for bumping this.

Do you have any new info about "uboot test" = bad? F900BT is dead, cannot "WinCE upgrade" - it gets only to "read progress 100%" and nothing more. I tried to replace NAND chip for exactly the same (good) one, but nothing changed. Upgrading uboot works ok, but uboot test is "BAD" and WinCE cannot be installed. Is there any additional OEMInit procedure, mentioned before by carver? Is it possible CPU is not good (NAND controller inside etc.)?

Regards