AVIC411.com

Sirius display stuck on Updating. Tried everything. Help!

Hello everyone,

First off, what I have:

- 2006 Pontiac Pursuit (Canada)

- Pioneer AVIC-F700BT head-unit

- Sirius SC-C1 universal tuner

- Pioneer CD-SB10 to connect sirius tuner to Pioneer head-unit.

So I installed this back in Aug 08 and everything was working fine. A few months ago I take my car in to get my front windshield replaced and ever since then, the display has been stuck on UPDATING and I cannot fix it. Not sure why it suddenly happened then. Maybe the guys were messing around to get the remote starter working again.

I have tried many things. I have tried unplugging the car battery while the head-unit is on and at the Sirius screen. That didn't work. I have opened up my dash and have tried unplugging the power plug on the CD-SB10 and plugging it back in. That didn't work. I have tried unplugging the SiriusConnect wire from one of the boxes and even tried unplugging the IP-bus cable from each end. Nothing has worked. I have tried calling Sirius customer service who tried sending the update signal several times. That didn't work. The guy then implied I was an idiot and didn't install it correctly (even though it worked for several months) and to take my car to an installer to get it inspected.

I have run out of ideas and am wondering if there is anything else to try? I am also starting to wonder if it is hardware related, although they must all be in somewhat working order if the head unit detects sirius equipment. I also wonder if maybe it's the antenna that's busted since there was snow on the roof when I brought the car in and then having it in the garage for several hours melted it all and I hear some antennas are bad for having water leak in.

Is there a way to tell if hardware is busted? How hard is it to get it replaced through warrenty? (It may be up, but I might have extra warrenty from credit card).

Anyway, any suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated!